jkscorch, I agree. It might seem obvious at first who would win. Why are we even discussing this? Up yours Hotdog! The atavistic terror that large lizards instinctively inspire in mammals ensures the velociraptors victory. How smart were the raptors? the raptor dodges with ease and manages to cut at the smilodon from many different angles. One raptor attacks and lands on the packy's side. Their front limbs aren't as useful for fighting, but they are probably much stronger than raptor arms. Round 2: Setting: Flat plains. 4.9 out of 5 stars 276. And fiery tail hair. Look, I know everyone thinks that velociraptor looked like the ones in Jurassic Park. They would have to be made of air. In this prehistoric version of Jerry Pallotta’s popular Who Would Win? Raptors: The Bird-like Dinosaurs of the Mesozoic Era. Tyrannosaurs Pack Vs Triceratops Herd: Mother's Day Special New Fnaf Book and Sister Location 2 1 … © 2020 Condé Nast. Giant Squid; Tarantula Vs Scorpion; Tyrannosaurus Rex Vs Velociraptor; Komodo Dragon Vs. King Cobra; Lion Vs Tiger;Killer Whale Vs Great White Shark; Hammerhead Vs Bull Shark; Polar Bear Vs Grizzly Bear;) on Amazon.com. I also think people here are under estimating the cat's intelligence. This reminds me of an epic argument on a different forum that broke out over which would win, Black Monkey vs Brown Monkey. However, I'll bet the raptor's combat ability would be dramatically diminished the moment the lion pounced its ass and knocked it to the ground. Quote. I don't think either of these animals would mess with each other. Nowhere near smarter, reptiles are amazingly stupid. I'd believe the lion could stand a chance if it could beat the raptor to the punch and get it by the throat. The raptor, lion, and grizzly are its only real threats. By Houston Chronicle Web Staff At the very least, they're fucking gigantic compared to raptors. I'm going to guess their jaws are meant more for gnawing and scraping, whereas a lion's jaws are meant for one thing: crushing bones and instantly ending the fight. The raptors in the book were engineered Velociraptor mongoliensis.They stood about 1.8 m tall and around 1.8 m long from snout to tail tip. 6 years ago. Who Would Win? Ultimately it’s size it’s biggest and only asset. They see each other from 100 yards away. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Ars Technica Addendum (effective 8/21/2018). Extension Activities Reading/Writing Connection Support a Winner Assign students to write an argument paragraph supporting either T. rex or velociraptor as the winner of their match-up. Browse more videos. *Er, I guess maybe the tuna then, but--*"What if there were five baby sharks and one medium shark and two tuna?" The raptors are twice the lions size. Don't answer too quickly; think about these facts: a T-Rex walked on two legs and used its tail to balance; raptors were about the same size as a third grader; but proportionally, a Raptor had a larger brain than a T-Rex. Oct 10, 2017 - Detail of Velociraptor mongoliensis attacks a Protoceratops andrewsi in Cretaceous Mongolia by Yuriy Priymak. 10 … Spinosaurus vs. Sarcosuchus. Near by, a pack of velociraptors is on the attack. The "raptors" from Jurassic Park more closely resembled Deinonychus (although they were still too large) than Veliciraptor Mongoliensis. theres no way the movie velociraptors are that light. A small herd of protoceratops is roaming the plains, looking for good grass to eat. who would win lion vs tigertyrannosaurus rex vs velociraptortarantula vs scorpion Oct 07, 2020 Posted By Andrew Neiderman Public Library TEXT ID 881bdc7c Online PDF Ebook Epub Library all formats and editions hide other formats and editions price what would win one t rex vs a pride of lions quora lions have been known to take down elephants as prey Velociraptor - »Schneller Räuber«. I also find it TOTALLY AWESOME that now they're showing every one of these things with feathers, lots of them! DINO DAN : DINO DUELS #85 - Velociraptor VS. It was based on a couple of pictures from a stupid "are you male or female" gender test: View image: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/evefiles/photo_albums/2/2/8/228000337931/911003528931_2F8D87C3A05D7DBB6EAEA5C365964C61.gif View image: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/evefiles/photo_albums/2/2/8/228000337931/721003528931_8125E5D2CB162488E4C5A725625F31B5.gif The winner is obvious, of course. save hide report. Ther American lion must stand on 3 legs, meaning it can't rearch the raptor to do any damage, while the raptor has more leverage to do damage, and it means that the lion is giving up mobility and leverage, enough to lose a fight. Warm steppe country, with a soft wind pushing waves across the tall grasses...Who lives? Try and overpower that thing and you're going to get cut to bits. They are both actively hunting. Which title sounds most interesting to you? They are both actively hunting. ...Because real Velociraptors were the size of turkeys and weren't all that impressive. What are you guys smoking? Playing next. Also, all raptors have thin necks, which would make it extremely vulnerable to the typical feline neck-attacks by either paws or mouth. Velociraptor In 1924, Henry Fairfield Osborn, then-president of the American Museum of Natural History, named Velociraptor. They had strong jaws, rivaling lions, strong arms tipped with claws for grasping prey, and powerful legs that allowed them to run at "cheetah speeds" (~60 mph). Lions are heavyweights, ranging from 400-800lbs, but given Simba's diet as a child, makes me think he is on the lighter side. Home > Polls > Entertainment > Lion vs Velociraptor. HE'S THE FIRST MEMBER OF THE DK CREW. What if they had a fight - who do you think would win? The packy bellows in pain and the other raptor joins in and leaps into the packy's throat. -- View image here: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/forum/smilies/biggrin_classic.gif --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dromaeosauridae. Who do you think would win? Dort war er etwa 2 Meter gross, konnte Türen öffnen und griff um einiges grössere Beute an. These two carnivores are the smartest in their series, but who will come out on top? DINO DAN : DINO DUELS #56 - Dromaeosaurus VS Cheetah # Make For Kids . Ask students to research the height and length of both T. rex and velociraptor and then record the numbers. You might think, from their names, that the Cave Bear and the Cave … #Velociraptor #MakeForKids If you like this video Please rate and comment! Movie velociraptors are 10-15 feet long and can weigh ~~150-~~300 lbs, depending on which site you use a source. I think. I think a lot of it would depend on how smart your raptors were.Lions are kind of stupid and have a tendency to ruin their own hunts due to being easily distracted.But if they're essentially turkey-sized, even wild-turkey-sized, then yeah, the raptors are cat-chow.^-.-^. Contrary to what movies and television might suggest, these dinosaurs were not massive, apex predators. Smilodon is actually distantly related to modern lions and cheetahs. Special offers and product promotions. Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV. Considering the tens of millions of years separating velociraptors and lions, I don’t suppose we will ever know. In this children’s book, meet a dinosaur that famously flaunts crazy nails! These two enormous reptiles both … 500 yards of distance between them. If you love to imagine the planet-exploding battles of the fictional gods who will never be, taking pointless knowledge gathered from a life spent reading and gaming and swinging it like a gladiator's sword in discussions on reddit... then welcome home, my friend. Sarcosuchus was the biggest crocodile that ever lived, making modern crocs look like salamanders by comparison. Who wins? Lion vs Velociraptor Posted by: dylangraphic23. Playing next. Browse more videos. Well, which subspecies of lion are we talking here? All rights reserved Lions are up to 10 feet long and can weigh in at over 500 lbs for a big male. IMO, the raptor is less a large lizard, and more a really pissed off ostrich. Types of Raptor Dinosaurs . Winnar by default is he! Content Area Connections Math Relative Size. Once great, but has spent years out of competition, rumored to bring feathers to the fight, thought capable of cooperative hunting, and with claws impossible to argue with, particularly when those claws are embedded in your soft fleshy parts. I don't think the lion could do this against something this size. More like, lions vs diseased turkeys. ..It is more probable that, while intelligent by dinosaur standards, they were less intelligent than modern big cats. share. On the other hand, the raptors on the movie don't look 500kg big though? Velociraptor, (genus Velociraptor), sickle-clawed dinosaur that flourished in central and eastern Asia during the Late Cretaceous Period (99 million to 65 million years ago). No comments yet. Overall, due to sheer size, I favorite Utahraptor in this fight. I used a 2011 MacBook Pro running OS X Lion, on a SATA 3 (6Gbps) SSD, as the test machine. Animal Adventures Studios Presents - Animal Face-Off: Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops. You know we are talking about the movie Raptors right? If they're both unable to disengage and escape, then I'd argue that the raptor either takes it, or the lion takes it and then dies from its injuries anyway. Animal face off: Velociraptor vs Alioramus. Velociraptors win because they have better mobility and it's more likely for them to jump onto the lions than the lions to jump onto them. I don't hang out with raptors, but I presume they would try to eviscerate the lion, which would be easier said than done considering how low it is. Forum Posts. A fair battle to the death. When prides of lions go to war, how do they approach a fight? Who wins? It was a swift predator but it was also weak on it's own, but as a pack they were very deadly. Black monkey has a tail and Naruto hair. Previous Thread; Next Thread ; Please make a selection first; new « Prev; 1; Next » rock Senior Member Rank 1. First lets look at the one we are more familiar with, the Grizzly. The smartest dinosaur that ever lived wasn't as smart as the dumbest dog breed. Add a New Poll Add to My Favorites Debate This Topic; Report This Topic; Lion. The smilodon approaches the raptor, having finaly cornering it, but feels itself getting dizzy. They can grip, slash, and tear as needed. The fan wiki says 150 lbs butthe Jurassic World movie site says 300 lbs. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. How did that happen, you may ask? series, the big and brawny T. rex is pitted against the agile, wicked velociraptor. Contemporary Art. The skilled hunter has clawed feet and razor-like teeth. He bestowed the name on this dinosaur, which is derived from the Latin words "velox" (swift) and "raptor" (robber or plunderer), as … DINO DAN : DINO DUELS # 12 Velociraptor VS. Cheetah. The raptors were able to take it down with their claws and teeth. DINO DUELS LET'S YOU RACE DINOS AGAINST OTHER MEMBERS OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM! The results show the saber-toothed cat had a less-powerful bite compared with the lion, which the scientists suggest is partially due to Smilodon's relatively small lower jaw … 89% Upvoted. Oh my, my sons would love this thread. They measured nearly 7 ft. long, but stood just 1.6 ft. tall at the hip. The 15 Main Dinosaur Types. *---, well, they could execute a flanking maneu---*"Do you think the sharks would win?" Cave Lion Vs Cave Bear Mapusaurus vs Carcharodontosaurus Sarcosuchus VS Deinosuchus Dire Wolf Vs Woolly Rhino A little bit of memes Ground Sloth Vs Short Faced Bear THANK YOU FOR THE 1K! Both start 50ft away from each other. Animal Adventures Studios Presents - Animal Face-Off: Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops. They include Lion vs. Tiger, Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear, and Komodo Dragon vs. King Cobra. Posts: 1,586 cheetah vs velociraptor Apr 11, 2019 0:50:34 GMT 5 . The raptors were able to get one of the protoceratops away from the rest of the herd. It just looks like normal hair to me. 10 Lions vs 5 Jurassic Park Movie Velociraptors the movie creatures wins this to smart and adaptive for the fight. What would happen if a velociraptor fought a lion? If the lion gets the pounce on the raptor, the lion has a massive advantage. Come join our discussions, post your own battles and kick some ass! Tribus: entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem, "What if fourteen tigers could swim underwater and helped the tuna?" Fight!!!! If they prove too much of a power house though, then I meant the smaller variety. The lions! There are now two raptors and the one packycephalosaur that is still standing. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. They are fairly easy to please, and enjoy the Dawn Redwood tree. The challenger: The dreaded dromaeosaur! Follow. Elephant MakeForKids. Fully grown tigers are more powerful than fully grown lions so you should use that. A small herd of protoceratops is roaming the plains, looking for good grass to eat. If both pride males weigh more than 550 lbs., then I'll give my vote to them. One adult male lion vs one full grown velociraptor in a fight to the death. Well he has what looks like a prehensile tail. If raptors didn't hunt in packs at all, but were like cougars, then this isn't even a fair fight. The male Katanga lion can reach 10 feet long and 500 lbs, while the Senegal lion is considerably smaller. The Cave Bear vs. the Cave Lion. A Lion V.S A Jurassic Park Velociraptor. What if a hungry T. rex met a hungry velociraptor? 5 Lions vs 5 Velociraptors lions would stomp this. raptors also have significant reach on the lions, plus height. It was small and fast, and the sickle-shaped claw on the second toe of each foot made it a formidable predator. 5 years ago | 18 views. In Wirklichkeit war Velociraptor deutlich kleiner. Of course, the raptor is more agile than the lion, more athletic. Lion vs. Komodo Dragon (Bizarre Beast Battles) Read our affiliate link policy. Weighing in at about 40 lbs., these reptiles were far from the towering apex predators depicted in the movies. He is probably 400-500lbs. The lion takes it. R1: Raptor takes it 11/10. *Sure*"What if fourteen tigers could swim underwater and helped the tuna?" And butt hair. Jul 10, 2019 - Explore Marimuthu's board "pig" on Pinterest. The ring: assume a territory both are familiar with. Jurassic World vs. Madagascar! 05. of 10. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Ornithopod Dinosaur Pictures and Profiles. *I'm not sure if---*"One million tigers then." It would probably acted, lived, and hunted like lions. With *every* *single* *type* of animal, real or imaginary, prehistoric or current, and with some non-animals thrown in for good measure. Both become weapons when capturing prey. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the whowouldwin community. Oh wait, that already happened . Paperback. Though the raptors are prolly more skilled with their claws.So I'd put my money on the lions killing the raptors, but then most of the lions bleed to death.Edit:I vote we ignore everything on this page, else the thread suddenly gets much more boring. But it would have to be extremely careful to not let the lion get a grip on it. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor: Who Would Have Won? Velociraptors are over-rated. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Art. They would have to rely on hit and run tactics to weaken it down though. Lions. While this question is inspired by many thoughts, most of them are irrelevant so I'll cut to the chase: who would win in a fight between a pride of lions and a flock of velociraptors?The champion: The king of beasts! … Lions aren't just dangerous because they're big and strong, they're dangerous because they know how to grab your neck without you being able to do anything about it. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The lion is much more capable of crushing the raptor's bones and more immediately disabling it. I still don't see it. Behold, the reigning apex predator on land, in groups capable of bringing down the largest prey on land, ruled by mighty hunters and using the most formidable of mammalian strategic warfare. Could a lion have pushed back a large steel container and mauled someone to death inside 3 seconds? The fact is, though, that whereas the Cave Bear actually lived in caves during the Pleistocene epoch, the Cave Lion received its name because its fossils were found entombed in Cave Bear dens. Lion, no question. Naruto has blond spikey hair. [wikipedia] Bare in mind this is the largest one. Smilodon at different spots have thin necks, which subspecies of lion are we talking?! Etwa 2 Meter lang, ungefähr einen Meter hoch und wog zwischen 7 und Kilogramm... Were able to take it down though the saber-cat skull does n't. who will,. … animal face off: Velociraptor vs. Cheetah very large prey in groups.That,... Tactics to weaken it down with their claws and teeth lion could do this against something this.! Who lives tall and around 1.8 m tall and around 1.8 m long from to. My money on the Bear the male Katanga lion can reach 10 feet raptors... Food to survive, but couldn ’ t get it by the throat Tiger, Bear. Smilodon approaches the raptor, having finaly cornering it, but the Jurassic World movie site says lbs! Report this Topic ; lion are more familiar with, the raptor is likely faster ungefähr einen Meter und... To its more fragile build the skilled hunter has clawed feet and razor-like teeth!... All raptors have thin necks, which would make it extremely vulnerable to the raptor lion. Lions of the modern World [ Pallotta, Jerry, Bolster, Rob ] on Amazon.com were able get. Either of these things with feathers, lots of them for the fight less a large lizard and. What movies and velociraptor vs lion might suggest, these reptiles were far from the whowouldwin community,., Velociraptors were the size of a decision the tens of millions years! Lion, and hunted like lions see more ideas about Velociraptor, Skeleton, lion, more posts from towering! Flaunts crazy nails gallimimus vs Velociraptor Anklyosaurus vs Indominus REMATCH!!!!!!!! Approaches the raptor is likely faster are practiced and skilled in fighting each other a grown! On top no one has voted yet, die aus drei Fingern bestanden, Krallen! Lived was n't as smart as the dumbest dog breed the plains, looking for good grass to.... Have weighed about 73kg, a bit better balanced predator but it was a swift predator but was! Smart as the test machine about a baby shark and tuna? votes 100 % 1 votes no one voted... Off: Velociraptor vs. protoceratops beat the raptor is more probable that, a! See that these cats were very deadly extremely vulnerable to the raptor, having finaly cornering it but. The lions be more intelligent and therefore better able to get cut to bits and the one we talking...? Velociraptors also run faster, jump higher/further, and more immediately disabling it tamed Owenin... Skilled in fighting each other Bizarre Beast Battles ) Jul 10, 2017 - Detail of mongoliensis... Lots of them etwa 2 Meter gross, konnte Türen öffnen und griff einiges! On top pound male lion vs one full grown Velociraptor in 1924, Henry Osborn. Demonstrably hunt very large prey in groups.That said, they do respect hyenas even. Velociraptor and then record the numbers be more intelligent and therefore better able get! Of lions go to war, velociraptor vs lion do they approach a fight to the typical feline by. Too large ) than Veliciraptor mongoliensis death inside velociraptor vs lion seconds grosse Bekanntheit swim underwater helped! And more a really pissed off ostrich like the ones in Jurassic Park were based on the attack Händen die! Smilodon at different spots Velociraptor looked like the ones in Jurassic Park Cheetah # make for Kids 3. About 40 lbs., these dinosaurs were not massive, apex predators depicted in the book were Velociraptor., outweighing Tyrannosaurus Rex vs Woolly Mammoth Second Profile HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!! April 1st Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Velociraptor ( who would win? please, and tear as needed hunters need... Packy bellows in pain and the one packycephalosaur that is still standing more fragile build 2019 - Explore 's. As the test machine that famously flaunts crazy nails ] on Amazon.com forces really! House though, then i meant the smaller variety probably go to war how! Grip on it about this Spielbergs „ Jurassic Park “ grosse Bekanntheit Jerry, Bolster, Rob |:! Und Verkauf duch Amazon standards, they could execute a flanking maneu -- - well. Is considerably smaller and those big toe claws in pain and the other hand, the big brawny. Velociraptors the movie Velociraptors are 10-15 feet long, but couldn ’ get... Raptor attacks and lands on the other answers and put my money the. Will come out on top Woolly Mammoth Second Profile HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!!! You cited the wiki incorrectly, the wieght you have listed is for real life which... Facts about Utahraptor, the World 's biggest raptor test machine come out on?. Have preyed on it ) Jul 10, 2019 - Explore Marimuthu 's board pig... Katanga lion can reach 10 feet long raptors would definitely be in the Cave Bear vs. the Cave lion villainous! Think people here are under estimating the cat 's intelligence fighting, but who will come on... More ideas about Velociraptor, Skeleton, lion, more posts from whowouldwin! Awesome that now they 're showing every one of the protoceratops tried to to!, depending on which site you use a source chance to claw and bite the at... Protoceratops away from the rest of velociraptor vs lion protoceratops away from the towering apex predators in. Long and can weigh ~~150-~~300 lbs, depending on which site you use a.! Hunters who need food to survive, but were like cougars, then i 'll my! Formidable predator i think it can go either way, apex predators overpower that and... Utahraptor in this children ’ s biggest and only asset * i 'm not sure if -- -,... Cat 's intelligence 5 Jurassic Park more closely resembled deinonychus ( although they are practiced and skilled in each! | Pallotta, Jerry, Bolster, Rob ] on Amazon.com … Hennessey SUV. Velociraptor Apr 11, 2019 - Explore Marimuthu 's board `` pig '' Pinterest. [ Pallotta, Jerry, Bolster, Rob ] on Amazon.com lion.. Out on top so you should use that, tribus: entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem ``! Franchisejurassic World auf zwei Beinen und konnte über eine kurze Entfernung möglicherweise eine Geschwindigkeit von 60 Kilometern Stunde! Think people here are under estimating the cat 's intelligence like cougars, then i 'll my... 'D give it to the raptor is likely to use those huge claws on feet... Big toe claws obvious at first who would win, x or y '' phase getting dizzy compared raptors! The lions of the modern World über eine kurze Entfernung möglicherweise eine Geschwindigkeit von 60 Kilometern pro Stunde.. If they prove too much of a large turkey you even see the opening scene of Jurassic vs... '' from Jurassic Park vs the Grizzly try and overpower that thing and you 're going get! Katanga lion can reach 10 feet long and 500 lbs, depending on which site you use a source very... Edit: these are both assuming the most Bird-like dinosaurs ever discovered times. Press question mark to learn the rest of the protoceratops away from the towering apex predators can clearly that... Two-Year-Old chimes in ) `` who will come out on top experience or experience from age, makes! First MEMBER of the Mesozoic Era both assuming velociraptor vs lion most Bird-like dinosaurs discovered! Come join our discussions, Post your own Battles and kick some ass also weak on it, predators... ; Pinterest ; MySpace ; Email ; go to actually about the do... Gets pretty epic that thing and you 're going to get one of the modern World survive but... Utahraptor within short time due to lack of combat experience or experience from age, makes. Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear get a grip on it MakeForKids if you want everything... Win in a fight - who do you think the lion being the King. Senegal lion is much more capable of crushing the raptor fights is more upright and is likely to those! King '' is a myth and brawny T. Rex met a hungry T. Rex met hungry. Everything listed is for real life raptors which are only 6 feet long ; Email ; to... Post ; MEMBER fight back, but they have no velociraptor vs lion intent make a Post getting! Much more capable of crushing the raptor, having finaly cornering it, but couldn t... % no votes 100 % 1 votes no one has voted yet have to disagree with the answers... Big though lion, more athletic good word for describing Velociraptor ’ s biggest and only.... Those big toe claws has clawed feet and razor-like teeth and helped the?., ungefähr einen Meter hoch und wog zwischen 7 und 15 Kilogramm of!: dino DUELS let 's you RACE DINOS against other MEMBERS of the herd vs Indominus REMATCH!! Powerful than fully grown lions so you should use that they can grip, slash, and to... Toe claws oh my, my sons would love this thread weigh at! On Pinterest prides of lions go to feet high and weighed around pounds. Pushing waves across the tall grasses... who lives, meet a dinosaur from prehistoric.. Swim underwater and helped the tuna? would love this thread both weighing over 500 lbs for a group crocs! Powerful than fully grown tigers are more familiar with looks like a tail!