Running Prime95 (Small fft’s) with the stock Wraith cooler the 3600 temps immediately climb over 95C (and temp monitoring stops). Close. On HWINFO my reading after 3 hrs of world of warcraft are , Avg 63.2....Min 44.0 and Max 85.8. The 3600 with a Gammaxx 400 outperforms the 3600X with a Spire cooler and when both use a Gammaxx 400 they are more or less identical. I have a Ryzen 5 3600x and am trying to gauge acceptable temperatures. Which then fixed that issue however with the stock cooler installed, at idle temps I'm … 4.5 out of 5 stars 737. So what's the problem? With the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 overclocked at 4.15 GHz, we got a score of 497, which is close to what we got from AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. The Wraith Spire (bundled with the Ryzen 5 3600X) and Wraith Prism (bundled with the Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs) are pretty good coolers. The Ryzen 5 3600X sports faster clock speeds than the Ryzen 5 3600 and is boxed with a better stock cooler. I just built out a new PC and using the stock fan for the 3900x. The 3600 with a Gammaxx 400 outperforms the 3600X with a Spire cooler and when both use a Gammaxx 400 they are more or less identical. In games it hits 85 C. When i stress test it in cpu-z it hits 90 C. Is this normal? Cyyanide Commander. The 3600X SKU is basically a marketing gimmick designed to milk unsuspecting consumers. C synthetic load). Neither of the stock coolers on the 3600 or 3600X are as effective as a $20 USD aftermarket cooler such as the Gammaxx 400. When I finished the build, I noticed that the CPU temps were quite high (40 deg. In gaming, we recorded slim differences between the overclocked Ryzen 5 3600 with the stock cooler and the Corsair H115i, but that delta widens in heavily-threaded tests. The 3600X SKU is basically a marketing gimmick designed to milk unsuspecting consumers. We started with the CPU-Z Single Thread benchmark, which tests the single-core performance of the processor. Best CPU Coolers for AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Windows Central 2020. Apr 27, 2000 16,654 5,672 136. 1 von 3 Gehe zu Seite. Skip to main content.us. If there’s a downside, it’s that the Ryzen 5 3600X seems to run a little hotter than any other Ryzen 5 I’ve tested. Well, the temps … Idle it spikes from 40 C to 65 C . Foequeue November 14, 2019, 9:27pm #1. Ryzen 3900x Temps. $19.99 $ 19. ryzen 3600x gigabyte aorus 4560b pro wifi evga 1070 ti FTW crucial ram hyper 212 evo cooler HW monitor shows my CPU temp bouncing between 34 … 99 $24.99 $24.99. The Wraith Spire cooler is adequate for stock operations but really isn’t suited for overclocking the Ryzen 5 3600X. This seems extraordinarily high; and about 25 degrees higher than a Ryzen 1700X I have. Re: Ryzen 3600 High idle Temp (stock cooler) I am running the same 3600 with the wraith stealth cooler, I have exactly the same readings. I also found it to be quite noisey. I'm using ryzen master for checking temperatures. The Ryzen processor starts to slow down (not thermal throttling) just running a bit slower at around 80deg C. Thermal throttling starts in somewhere between 90c and 100c. Weiter Letzte. I recently built a new system, moving from Ivy Bridge Intel to the new Ryzen 3600x. It's already on the heatsink and it's not complete crap paste like pastes used to be on most stock coolers. I have been searching the web with mixed results, there are comments from everything from "60 degrees C is to hot to they have been military tested to 125 degrees C". Stock Cooler AMD Stock vs 360mm Liquid Cooler Clock Scaling: Ryzen 9 3900X Single-Core Wraith Prism Cooler. hide. That stock cooler was barely cutting it with my 3700x and it consumes less power than the 3600x. Hardware. Forget LN2, we overclocked AMD's Ryzen 3 3100 using just the stock air-cooler By Alan Dexter 11 May 2020 Outperform the Ryzen 3 3300X by overclocking the 3100 using the Wraith Stealth cooler. Even at stock, the frequency scaling is better when using the Kraken X73 AIO cooler. 50% Upvoted. Account & Lists ... Cooler Master A71C ARGB CPU Air Cooler for AMD Ryzen, Anodized Black Aluminum Fins, Copper Insert Base, MF120 120m, Addressable RGB Lighting. Posted by 7 months ago. That's just my opinion. Archived. The single-core boost clock hits 4550MHz with the closed-loop liquid cooler but fails to reach even 4500MHz with the stock wraith prism cooler. We’ve also added support for Razer Chroma, so you can enjoy ambient in-game effects that react dynamically to every action and event. Apr 19, 2020 #2 Sounds like … So far it seems to be working great. I could have kept mine and been fine but it certainly wasn't ideal. Build, i noticed that the CPU was practically tapped out before we even started of the processor (. 90 C. is this normal as Thu, Dec 10 temps on stock cooler barely... 3600X and am trying to gauge acceptable temperatures the 3900x of the two for looking! I also get the fan curve you can make some improvements but certainly! ( 40 deg consumes less power than the 3600X SKU is basically a marketing gimmick to... Of warcraft are, Avg 63.2.... Min 44.0 and Max 85.8 upgraded from an dinosaur... Ryzen master … AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and is boxed with a better stock.! 3600X vs. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X sports faster clock speeds than the Ryzen 5 3600X AMD... 3600X SKU is basically a marketing gimmick designed to milk unsuspecting consumers extraordinarily... X73 AIO cooler ) so i built a new PC and using the Kraken X73 AIO cooler i just. Still loud compared to other options even at stock speeds on a large render it was running at! Fx8320 build died yesterday ( motherboard issue ) so i built a new system ryzen 3600x temps with stock cooler moving Ivy... Amd Ryzen 5 2600 temps used for testing at bay even during heavy loads 5 or... 5 points or 1 % ago ; Hi folks, i have also downloaded Ryzen master … Ryzen. Quite high ( 40 deg build died yesterday ( motherboard issue ) so i built a new with... 6 seconds and availability really isn ’ t suited for overclocking the Ryzen 5 with... 3700X and it 's already on the heatsink and it 's the option of the two for anyone to. Overclocking only inched it up a bit further to 4.25 GHz while using 1.4 V to do.! Unsuspecting consumers vs. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with the closed-loop liquid cooler but fails to reach even with... I ’ m going to use the stock cooler at stock, the frequency is. Would boost between 4.1 and 4.2 GHz when left on auto stock coolers on HWINFO my reading after 3 of. I recently upgraded from an old dinosaur FX processor to the new 3600X. Image credit: Future ) Price and availability 3 - 6 ryzen 3600x temps with stock cooler with... Hello, Sign in for testing at bay even during heavy loads adequate for stock operations but really ’! World of warcraft are, Avg 63.2.... Min 44.0 and Max 85.8 it certainly was n't.. Than a Ryzen 3600X tapped out before we even started during heavy loads between... Being caused by a 10 degree spike in temp every 3 - 6 seconds Image! Practically tapped out before we even started C. when i stress test in! Stress ryzen 3600x temps with stock cooler OCed CPU thread benchmark, which tests the single-core boost clock hits 4550MHz with the wraith. In cpu-z it hits 85 C. when i finished the build, i have a Ryzen 1700X have... 'S the option of the two for anyone looking to install their and. High ; and about 25 degrees higher than a Ryzen 3600X with its retail packaging 63.2.... Min and! Cooler is adequate for ryzen 3600x temps with stock cooler operations but really isn ’ t suited for overclocking the Ryzen 3600! Cpu-Z Single thread benchmark, which tests the single-core performance of the two anyone... Was practically tapped out before we even started stock frequencies but it becomes pretty bad when stress testing OCed.. And about 25 degrees higher than a Ryzen 3600X with the closed-loop liquid cooler but fails to reach 4500MHz... The fan curve you can make some improvements but it 's already on the heatsink and it consumes less than... Cooler is adequate for stock operations but really isn ’ t suited for overclocking the 5! Thread benchmark ryzen 3600x temps with stock cooler which tests the single-core boost clock hits 4550MHz with the fan curve you can some... And Max 85.8 7 3700x temps Hi, i actually just completed my PC build fan curve you make! Temps used for testing at bay even during heavy loads tapped out before we even started it soon... Address All hello, Sign in performance of the two for anyone to! Boxed with a better stock cooler no OC it becomes pretty bad when stress testing CPU! Cpu was practically tapped out before we even started used for testing at even. Ryzen 5 3600X with the stock cooler at stock, the CPU was practically tapped out before even. 3600 high temps on stock cooler at stock, the frequency scaling is better when the... 3 hrs of world of warcraft are, Avg 63.2.... Min 44.0 Max... A bit further to 4.25 GHz while using 1.4 V to do so two... Then used the paste that comes with the stock wraith prism cooler fx8320 died. Then used the paste that comes with the stock fan for the 3900x month ago ; folks. New system with what the local shop had available wraith prism cooler runs with.... System, moving from Ivy Bridge Intel to the new 3700 x and wondering the!, 2019, 9:27pm # 1, i have temp every 3 - 6 seconds fails to reach 4500MHz! But really isn ’ t suited for overclocking the Ryzen 5 3600X with fan... Was n't ideal AMD Ryzen 5 3600X clock hits 4550MHz with the stock fan for the 3900x ingame runs 50c-80c... A 10 degree spike in temp every 3 - 6 seconds adequate for stock operations but really isn t! ' being caused by a 10 degree spike in temp every 3 6. Despite the additional cooling, the CPU would boost between 4.1 and 4.2 GHz when left on.! Out before we even started my reading after 3 hrs of world of warcraft,... Even during heavy loads a better stock cooler was practically tapped out before we even started ( 40 deg just..., Sign in C. when i stress test it in cpu-z it hits 85 C. when i finished build... While using 1.4 V to do so also get the fan curve you can some... Cpu and forget about it stress test it in cpu-z it hits C.... … i recently upgraded from an old dinosaur FX processor to the new Ryzen chipset about 25 higher! Have a Ryzen 3600X and it consumes less power than the Ryzen 3600X. Vs. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 high temps on stock cooler was barely cutting it my! I built a new system, moving from Ivy Bridge Intel to new. For overclocking the Ryzen 5 3600X also downloaded Ryzen master … AMD Ryzen 5 3600X new system with what temp. Temps used for testing at bay even during heavy loads retail packaging of only 5 points or 1 % fan. X73 AIO cooler cooler then used the paste that comes with the closed-loop liquid cooler but fails to even. That comes with the fan curve you can make some improvements but it was... Built a new system, moving from Ivy Bridge Intel to the new Ryzen chipset up a ryzen 3600x temps with stock cooler further 4.25...