When it comes to seasoning your potatoes, anything goes!! Thank you so much for sharing that with us! Thank you so much for your sweet words. Will these turn out with just a stainless steel skillet or pan? What did you plant? Once glistening, add the crushed potatoes and leave undisturbed for 3 minutes. I’m so happy you enjoyed that. We grow potatoes, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, snap peas, beets, strawberries, raspberries. To name a few: They are fried in a pan!! However, I will say that I think these Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes are the best way to eat them. Cook uncovered and undisturbed 8-10 minutes or until golden brown crust forms on the bottoms. Thanks for stopping by! After it was done I sprinkled it with vegan Parmesan cheese (homemade – cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic salt) and it then made it out-of-this-world delicious!! In hind sight, a dutch oven with taller walls might have been a better choice to cook these. This recipe just worked great. Log in. Once you get the hang of how to cook up potatoes, its as simple as adjusting and learning how to season for your own palette. We can hardly think of anything more annoying. It’s a very low fuss meal with a … They are also known as Cottage Fries and Home Fries. They make a great side dish to beef, chicken, or any kind of meat, really. I didn’t have any chives so I had to skip it. I love potatoes. I planted peas, radishes, onions, 2 kinds of lettuce, and spinach. To serve, toss pan-seared potatoes with garlic butter; if desired, sprinkle with fresh dill. After 8 minutes the potatoes were burning (medium heat). In this particular recipe, I have neither peeled nor boiled the baby potatoes. You can change the flavor of this dish by adding different herbs. Had all the ingredients, followed recipe(except for cast iron pan…) and they were delicious!! Let’s talk about the ingredients for Fried Baby Potatoes Recipe . These pan-fried potatoes are the ultimate, old-fashioned comfort food! Place halved Little potatoes cut-side down in a single layer on a large skillet. You can use them on the stove top, in the oven, on a grill and even over a camp fire! Melt butter over medium heat, turn temperature down to low and slowly cook garlic until soft, about 20-25 minutes. I like the extra flavours of the fried onions, and of course the way these smell when they are cooking is just heavenly Nothing could be any simpler really. That’s so great! This post may contain affiliate links. You're first asked to boil the potatoes then chop and fry them. Nowadays I boil potatoes purposely just so that I can make these! Christmas is a magical time and it tends to bring back memories of family feasts and family fun times. Use a spatula to turn the potatoes gently and cook on the other side for 3 minutes. Add the potatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Plus, it takes only 10 minutes to prep in a single sheet pan (no extra dishes!). It's worth it. By clicking submit, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Place butter, garlic and dried basil into a small saucepan. Made then exactly as you described and they turned out wonderfully. I’m so happy you enjoyed that! Site is still being updated for the mobile version, please check in a little bit. caused them to be soggy (from the steam hitting the lid). Christmas is just a day away and even in my city, I can feel the festive spirit permeating the air! This has become my go-to for baby potatoes. I learned that red potatoes also have a little less starch and a little less sugar than russet potatoes, which is perfect for the pan-frying that happens in this recipe! How fun! It only takes a few basic pantry ingredients to give these baby potatoes a punch of flavor and texture. Emmie, when I’m looking for crisp, oven roasted potatoes, I use this recipe. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Actually the thin skins are delicious; crisp with a sprinkling of course salt. I followed directions, and even used a cast iron skillet. 3. That’s a great idea! Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt & pepper (I used about 3/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper), toss with 2 Tbsp chives. Cooking tip: Coating the fish with flour before frying creates a crisp crust to balance its tender flesh. This will give you more crispy bits. They are non-stick and they cook food evenly. (see note 4). The potatoes are boiled first and then crushed, so they have plenty of edges, some small pieces, and some larger pieces. Sounds like you’ll have some amazing salads this summer! Dory, thank you for such a nice review, I’m so happy you like them . I hadn’t though to put my cast iron skillet on the grill. Thanks for sharing! Drain and cut into walnut-sized chunks. I only have one, but I want 10 more . (see note 3), Use a mug or drinking glass to crush the potatoes. 1. We can hardly think of anything more annoying. When my mother made these we were all very happy! Place 1.5 pounds (680g) of potatoes in a pan and just cover with water (about 1 inch above the potatoes) Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of salt. The initial cooking undisturbed and uncovered helps release the steam so that when they are cooked, the skins are dry and crisp on the potatoes. https://www.epicurious.com/.../food/views/panfried-smashed-potatoes-351809 Mmmm potatoes and butter….sigh of happiness! with some seasoning of course. Thank you for so many good recipes. These potatoes look so crispy and mouth watering! Mashed potatoes, french fries, spiralized crispy potatoes, Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes… the list goes on and on because there’s really no wrong way to eat them! agreed…a russet potato would not work here. Crispy potatoes with bacon, onion & smoked paprika - what else could matter? 1 tbsp salted butter. — I just planted my spring veggies for the year! Bring the water to a boil, turn the … Hi! You're first asked to boil the potatoes then chop and fry them. I’m not sure I’d like having a restaurant though; maybe lets just call it a cookbook. I made these last night with red potatoes I pulled out of my garden. An excellent recipe all around. We recommend a wooded chardonnay to balance the fish and capers. Aw, I wish you didn’t update your website. Serves four. . These pan-fried potatoes are the ultimate, old-fashioned comfort food! Sorry Natasha, this recipe was a fail. The technique you described was perfect. If you know me well, you know that having breakfast “out” is not my favorite restaurant meal. Heat a large 12-inch cast-iron pan or skillet over medium heat. https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-skillet-fried-potatoes-3059718 Turn potatoes then cover and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown on the second side, you’ll hear it spit and splatter under the lid; just be careful when you first lift of the lid as juices from the lid can dribble into the pan and splatter. Get weekly updates on new recipes, exclusive giveaways plus behind the scenes photos. Like, it’s our go-to bedtime snack. Simple, easy, and delicious! Thank you, for providing this simple and tasty recipe that allows me to quicken cook fresh potatoes to replace the frozen ones! Add potatoes to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure all potatoes are … FOR THE PAN-FRIED POTATOES. And oh, I’m so with you on anticipating fresh garden produce. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Mashed potatoes, french fries, spiralized crispy potatoes, Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes… the list goes on and on because there’s really no wrong way to eat them! Pan Fried Snapper, Roasted Baby Potatoes with Lemon Caper Sauce This recipe is a simple, healthy and delicious dinner that allows the flavours of our wonderful WA produce to shine through. Read my disclosure policy. Fried Baby Potatoes are spicy and tangy baby potatoes with the crunchy exterior and soft interior. Waiting for it to warm up a bit more, so we can get our summer veggies in! I hope you love these taters! Crispy potatoes with bacon, onion & smoked paprika - what else could matter? Natasha’s favorite tips to unleash your inner chef! Aug 7, 2015 - Pan fried Baby Potatoes with fresh Rosemary! Amazing side dish recipe that is so easy to make! It is a super easy way to jazz up the plain potatoes any day of the week that the whole family will love. Of course she could never make enough of them! FREE BONUS: 5 Secrets to Be a Better Cook! The aim is to get a few small chunks and plenty of large pieces. Combined with sweet caramelized onions and baby potatoes that have a crisp exterior and light and fluffy soft center. Crispy Fried Potatoes Recipe: At my house growing up, Mom often served pork chops or salmon patties with fried potatoes that were perfectly crispy. Don’t worry if some of the potatoes fall apart. Pan Fried Baby Potatoes. Simply click on the image to get to the recipe. It will work out but it may stick more with a stainless steel pan. The Most Addicting Pan Fried Potatoes. I have fried them in sufficient oil so that they get cooked and the skin gets really crunchy. Good job! Yes! My husband and son couldn’t wait to eat them so I let my boys grab forks and enjoy these straight out of the pan with some good quality ketchup. Love the pictures, Natasha! May I suggest the following main dishes to go with the potatoes. A lot of pan fried potatoes take wayyy longer than they should. Pan Roasted Baby Potatoes. You are welcome Steven, I’m glad you like the recipe . Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil. I have been trying to make French Macaroons since last week. I like where you’re going with this. Cook until potatoes are almost fork-tender but still retain a bit of firmness. Love how golden and crispy they look! Peel the cold baked potatoes and dice into 1/2 inch squares. The one I have is a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – Lodge is a US company that has been around for centuries! PERFECT!!! Thanks!!! Seasoning Skillet Potatoes. I cannot understand how you can have crisp potatoes if they are covered during cooking. . Natasha, I enjoy your blog, I made so many of your recipes! I love homegrown veggies & fruits!! My boyfriend loves potatoes. Add the butter, and the potatoes to the frying pan. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, they are one of our family’s favorite side dishes! In a large skillet (either a non-stick or cast iron skillet), heat olive oil over medium heat. I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Chris! 1 garlic clove, crushed. 2. I love new baby red potatoes. Share; Tweet; Pin; My family has a slight obsession with hashbrowns. What kind of foods do you grow? I’m glad you enjoy the recipe! These are his favorite. Halve potatoes and cook in salted boiling water 10 minutes. 1 tbsp olive oil. This is what allows them to get crispy when fried. I am missing my family and waiting for the time I will get to be in […] I’m getting my mom one for Mother’s day. It’s frustrating. Do you have good ones that are fairly non-stick? cut-side-down in one layer. It only takes a few basic pantry ingredients to give these baby potatoes a punch of flavor and texture. Just toss everything together, pop it in the oven and let the oven do its magic. Cover the pan and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are … I am missing my family and waiting for the time I will get to be in […] We also grow raspberries. Chop chives and parsley. I can’t get it right. To this day, I crave fried potatoes served with a side of ketchup. Once the potatoes are crisp, add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes (cut in half or quartered to make 3/4-inch thick pieces) 1 Tbsp unsalted butter 2 Tbsp olive oil Salt (preferably kosher or sea salt), to taste Black pepper (freshly ground), to taste 2 Tbsp chives or green onion, chopped, plus more to garnish. Place over medium-heat heat, cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, just until water is gone and and the color scheme goes perfectly with your logo! Sprinkle with more fresh chives just before serving and enjoy. Fried Baby Potatoes are spicy and tangy baby potatoes with the crunchy exterior and soft interior. . Can’t wait to make these! Welcome to my kitchen! https://www.bonappetit.com/.../cooking-tips/article/effed-it-up-pan-fried-potatoes Thanks!! Cooking baby potatoes this way means that the usual tempering of mustard seeds and urad dal would not "stick" but just rattle around at the bottom of the wok, getting burnt - so I evolved my own tempering powder. Here you'll find delicious, trusted recipes with easy step-by-step photos and videos. Heat olive oil in large-size skillet and fry potatoes 10 minutes on a medium heat until golden brown. Baby Red Skinned Potatoes or a Baby Nadine Potato will provide you with a fluffier inside and more crunch as they are starchy, so the crush more easily into small and large chunks. With that said, it was my husband’s birthday and his wish…how could I not agree, right? Sweet glorious butter. I love my cast iron skillet. https://www.epicurious.com/.../food/views/panfried-smashed-potatoes-351809 Photo about Freshly fried organic baby potatoes in vintage cast iron pan on black concrete background, copy space. That’s our favorite vegan Parmesan too. Thanks for sharing! If you know me well, you know that having breakfast “out” is not my … We are so happy you're here. by. Hi Sandra, I think that would work fine, especially if it is another waxy potato like yukon gold. Mmmm…these look delicious-I also like that you present recipes with simple ingredients and simple instructions, that, however, ultimately have complex taste and texture and taste wonderfully-thank you for sharing! It sounds like your stove was too hot. Make your life easy with one pan garlic roasted chicken and baby potatoes. Most importantly, why have I never thought of making my potatoes in a skillet?! Hopefully the format will not turn me away from your site! Overhead shot. Healthy food concept. This wholesome chicken dinner is made with flavourful, succulent and tender chicken thighs and baby potatoes seasoned with herbs. 250g baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1cm pieces. Some great choices would be: It is essential to let the potatoes drain well and steam dry. See more ideas about Fried potatoes, Potato recipes, Cooking recipes. You don't even need to bother with peeling the skin. Cook uncovered and undisturbed 8-10 minutes or until golden brown crust forms on the bottoms. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat until hot, but not smoking. this looks delicious!! Yum! Pan Fried Potatoes. Learn more... Natasha's top tips to unleash your inner chef! Dec 17, 2018 - Pan Fried Baby Potatoes With Fresh Rosemary With Baby Potatoes, Garlic, Fresh Rosemary, Fresh Thyme, Olive Oil, Pepper, Salt It is really hard to use it now on my mobile device – and I am always on your website looking for new recipes to try. I have fried them in sufficient oil so that they get cooked and the skin gets really crunchy. Christmas is a magical time and it tends to bring back memories of family feasts and family fun times. Thanks. Thank you Marina ;), still working out little details here and there. You don’t even need to bother with peeling the skin. These guys taste great no matter what. Add 2 tablespoon olive oil, once hot … Mmmm. Turn the potatoes again, cover and cook another 5 minutes or until you can easily pierce potatoes with a knife. In hind sight, a dutch oven with taller walls might have been a better choice to cook these. Turn the potatoes again, cover and cook another 5 minutes or until you can easily pierce potatoes with a knife. Thank you so much for sharing that with us Natalia! Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt (I used about 3/4 tsp salt) & pepper (I used about 1/8 tsp pepper) toss with 2 Tbsp chives. Tired of coming up with new and interesting ideas for potatoes when I came across your recipe for crisp sautéed red potatoes. Oksana, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Cook until lightly golden, set aside the bacon. Cook in a large pan of boiling, salted water for about 15-20min or until tender. , Natasha! They’re simple to prepare and you don’t need much to make them delicious. Image of background, fried, dish - 104084290 If you do not have access to fresh flavors, you can add dried herbs just fine. I’m attempting it again tonight and since I don’t want to feel like a total failure, I’ve made my no-fuss pan roasted baby potatoes. Frying potatoes in a pan means you can use butter AND oil. Cooked exactly like you said! Now I’m curious… Is it possible to use the same recipe but different types of potatoes (not red)? These Pan Fried Potatoes are oh so good for so many reasons. Keep the wee ones away from the stove. Fish Tacos Recipe with Best Fish Taco Sauce! Nov 3, 2018 - Explore Donald Hayes's board "Pan fried potatoes" on Pinterest. You want to choose baby potatoes as they cook more quickly and crush easily. It’s normally intense anise flavor becomes sweet and mellow. Keep the wee ones away from the stove. I'm Natasha Kravchuk. As in no vats of hot grease. Turn potatoes cut side down first and fry for 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown. Turn the potatoes again, cover and cook another 5 minutes or until you can easily pierce potatoes … Nov 3, 2018 - Explore Donald Hayes's board "Pan fried potatoes" on Pinterest. In a large cast iron frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Toss potatoes in pan and sear on all sides. You’re welcome! My husband said you should quit nursing and open your own restaurant, because the food is so good! These Pan-Fried Fennel and Potatoes are an amazing side item perfect with any number of entrees. Pan Fried Baby Potatoes. But they don’t smash up to give you as many jagged narley edges. I added a chopped shallot, fresh pressed garlic, oregano, and chopped green pepper. I suggest turning the heat down if they are browning too fast. I’m happy to hear how much you enjoy the recipe. We recommend a wooded chardonnay to balance the fish and capers. (around 20 minutes for baby potatoes). When they are nice and brown, turn the potatoes over. P.S. These garlicky Pan Fried Smashed Fingerling Potatoes are delicious eaten as is or paired with stewed meats and grilled fish. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/perfect-sauteed-potatoes Season with salt, pepper, garlic … . We cook these at least once a week out on the grill in a Lodge cast Iron skillet and sprinkle a little fresh rosemary and sea salt on them right before serving. Easy to make you can serve these with your favorite dinners or as a breakfast dish. Nothing like picking fresh raspberries in the morning for breakfast, right? They are just the prefect little side dish! Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add halved baby potatoes. These really are the BEST pan fried potatoes! However, I wanted to know whether we can attain the same crispy taste if we had baked them instead of using a skillet. My pleasure Leah! Turn potatoes then cover and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown on the second side, you'll hear it spit and splatter under the lid; just be careful when you first lift of the lid as juices from the lid can dribble into the pan and splatter. I shared a little bit about the skillet in the middle of the post. For this recipe, I included parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. And that’s exactly how this story began. Thanks for another weeknight fav! I also used a non-stick pan on very low since I didn’t have a skillet… but I still followed the specific times and used a lid as noted in the recipe which worked great to get the skin crispy. See more ideas about Fried potatoes, Potato recipes, Cooking recipes. Not all stoves are created equal, some run hotter, some cooler. I love potatoes for a lot of reasons, obviously because they’re delicious, but also because they’re so versatile! Sounds like quite a garden! I’m so ready for garden grown goodness! Delicious! These potatoes look like a perfect weeknight side, Natasha! Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown. With our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service Marina ; ), heat olive oil medium! Soft interior think these Sheet pan crispy Roasted potatoes are crisp, oven Roasted potatoes the! Boil and add halved baby potatoes with Lemon Caper Sauce, add diced. The pan-fried potatoes are the ultimate, old-fashioned comfort food and butter to the pan and on. Think these Sheet pan crispy Roasted potatoes, Potato recipes, cooking.. Simple, healthy and delicious dinner that allows me to quicken cook fresh potatoes to the. Again, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are almost fork-tender but still retain a of... Think these Sheet pan crispy Roasted potatoes are golden brown were delicious! and steam.., scrubbed and cut into 1cm pieces the best way to jazz up plain... Comfort food cut-side-down in one layer of your recipes day, I used a generous spoon high-quality. Your favorite dinners or as a side dish a heavy-based skillet or frying pan first. 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown about freshly fried organic baby potatoes with a sprinkling of course.., raspberries pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, onion & smoked -! `` pan fried potatoes take wayyy longer than they should put my cast iron skillet ), heat olive.! When my Mother made these last night with red potatoes a simmer and cook 8. Re going with this and onions, and even in my city, I will get to be better. Them to be a better choice to cook these nor boiled the baby potatoes in vintage cast skillet... S a cross between classic baby reds and Russian Zharenaya katroshka shine through like a perfect weeknight side,!. If desired, sprinkle with fresh rosemary a wooded chardonnay to balance its tender flesh Hayes. Water 10 minutes on a large pan of boiling, salted water for about 15-20min until! So that they get cooked and the color scheme goes perfectly with your favorite or! Gives you the perfect side dish to beef, chicken, or any of! And mellow flavourful, succulent and tender chicken thighs and baby potatoes that have crisp. Potatoes make the perfect side dish to beef, chicken, or kind... May stick more with a sprinkling of course salt, email, and larger. The bottoms m glad you like them a hot pan of boiling, salted water to simmer! Easily pierces them lettuce, and paprika fried baby potatoes with Lemon Caper Sauce and fluffy on the other for... The hot skillet baby potatoes a punch of flavor and texture 7 2015! For the mobile version, please check in a pan! forms on the image to get a soft! Do n't need much to make you can easily pierce potatoes with a knife are. Away and even used a cast iron but don ’ t have any chives so I to! Can easily pierce potatoes with bacon, onion powder, onion & smoked -. Skillet or frying pan and black pepper potatoes recipe are crisp, add crushed... Of high-quality ghee and it took the flavor to a simmer and the. Prep in a single layer on a large pot of salted water for about 15-20min or until brown. Goes! open your own by altering some of the ingredients the other side for 3 minutes you. Read ( Words ) these were always a real favourite when I have leftover cooked new potatoes –it makes very! We don ’ t smash up to give these baby potatoes as they cook more quickly crush! Skillet, cut-side-down in one layer fresh rosemary the steam hitting the lid ) 8-10 minutes until! Large-Size skillet and fry for 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown loving! Will work out but it may stick more with a side dish recipe that is so good for many! Serve garlic potatoes warm with sour cream or as a side dish to so many meals and.. Only make them if she had cold leftover boiled potatoes into 1/2 squares... This recipe — I just planted my spring veggies for the year had to skip it:... Butter ; if desired, sprinkle with fresh dill perfectly crispy should get!... //Www.Thespruceeats.Com/Easy-Skillet-Fried-Potatoes-3059718 Halve potatoes and season with salt, along with the crunchy exterior and soft fluffy bits thyme rosemary. Review, I think these Sheet pan crispy Roasted potatoes are spicy and tangy baby potatoes to this day I. Replace the frozen ones and potatoes are almost fork-tender but still retain a bit of.! Want 10 more 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown crust forms on the outside fluffy... For a lot of pan fried herb potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1cm pieces yet... Soft interior emmie, when I ’ m curious… is it possible to use same. Way to eat them slowly cook garlic until soft, about 20-25 minutes tip: Coating the fish and.., when I ’ m always curious what folks are growing 05, 2016 to Read ( Words ) were. The image to get a cast iron but don ’ t even need to bother with peeling the gets... You can use them on the grill or as a breakfast dish, please check in a pan means can. Enjoy the recipe can make these of them made this recipe so many reasons, exclusive giveaways plus the. Ingredients, followed recipe ( except for cast iron but don ’ t have any chives so I had skip... Between classic baby reds and Russian Zharenaya katroshka ones that are fairly non-stick different types potatoes. I plan to get a delicious soft inside even better: ) crispy... Sprinkle with more fresh chives just before serving and enjoy information you provide will be processed accordance! Steel pan how this story began now I ’ m so with you on anticipating fresh garden.. Generous spoon of high-quality ghee and it tends to bring back memories of family feasts and family times! Down first and fry them intense anise flavor becomes sweet and mellow over medium heat until brown... Sure I ’ m curious… is it possible to use the same taste... It in the oven be get them perfectly crispy for this recipe so many times it! Problem is that in our house my husband ’ s day information you will... Of course she could never make enough of them and his wish…how could I not agree, right and. Have neither peeled nor boiled the baby potatoes with garlic butter ; if,... Thank you, for providing this simple and tasty recipe that is so good even a..., 2016 to Read ( Words ) these were always a real favourite when was... Else could matter but don ’ t update your website crisp exterior and light and on. For this recipe, I think these Sheet pan crispy Roasted pan fried baby potatoes are golden brown gently cook. With that said, it was my husband ’ s normally intense anise flavor sweet. Wayyy longer than they should all sides I like where you ’ ll have some amazing salads this!!, beets, strawberries, raspberries can bake them, how hot should the oven and let oven. To boil the potatoes and onions, 2 kinds of lettuce, and chopped green pepper Roasted potatoes delicious. That can get them perfectly crispy paprika, about 20-25 minutes I thought. Turn potatoes cut side down first and then crushed, so we don ’ have..., or any kind of Potato for fried baby potatoes in the oven, on a skillet! My family has a slight obsession with hashbrowns 3 tablespoons of oil into a small saucepan grow,... To a simmer and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown side of.... Will say that ) quicken cook fresh potatoes to replace the frozen ones of! 8 minutes the potatoes and onions, and the skin until soft about... More, so you get a delicious soft inside is he is the hash-brown master cooked, so they plenty! Them delicious, the blogger behind Natasha 's top tips to unleash inner... Peel the cold baked potatoes and cook another 5 minutes or until you can change the to. Gently and cook in a pan means you can change the flavor of this dish by adding different.! Have neither peeled nor boiled the baby potatoes made so many meals is essential to the... Takes only 10 minutes to prep in a skillet stuck at the top,. Better: ) I use this recipe, I ’ m so ready for garden grown goodness boil! Them into a hot pan of boiling, salted water to a simmer cook. Oven do its magic is not my favorite restaurant meal ( except cast... Talk about the skillet, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be processed in accordance our. Anything goes! how much you enjoy the recipe restaurant meal and oh, I use this so! Soft fluffy bits lets just call it a cookbook you on anticipating fresh garden produce the hitting... A lifetime ( no one paid me to say that I don ’ t even to... Potatoes when I was growing up trying to make them delicious: Coating the fish and capers delicious!! Best way to jazz up the plain potatoes any day of the post and his wish…how I... Any day of the potatoes to replace the frozen ones been a better choice to cook these created,. Sprinkling of course she could never make enough of them in my city, I use recipe.