The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster is one of the most striking ornamental crayfish you’ll ever see. hey i have 14 assorted african cichlids from electric yellows to rainbows...and one catfish..the pictus one....i think. These lobsters are omnivorous, and will act as a scavenger in the aquarium, eating … i did have one of them about 2 years ago. The coloration of this blue beauty intensifies as it matures. The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster is an awesome addition to your fish tank! Due to selective breeding, the Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster will not lose this blue coloration, except in times of stress. You can add a unique addition to your aquarium by purchasing the Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster from Arizona Aquatic Gardens. My goal is to have a 50 gallon tank with one of these guys. It will add an amazing splash of brilliant blue color that's sure to draw attention to your freshwater aquarium. Cobalt Blue Lobster native habitat, distribution, behavior & aquarium compatibility. It will add tankmates splash of brilliant blue color that’s sure to draw attention to your freshwater aquarium. will they hurt the lobster? Country: United States. Calcium is important for molting and healthy shell growth. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobsters are not fussy eaters. So whats the story on it? To house multiple lobsters, the larger aquarium will be needed; at least 20 gallons per lobster and include plenty of rocks and plants as cover. These guys are absolutely gorgeous! I am not against having a dedicated tank if … Blue Crayfish Tank Mates: Fish that Definitely Won’t Work! Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster But I have also heard of a breeder in Paarl that breeds Cherax tenuimanus (marron) James Visser Paarl Paarl's freshwater crayfish, Paarl Freshwater Crayfish breeder for restaurants.. This image is still accumulating votes. It will add an amazing splash of brilliant blue color that's sure to draw attention to your freshwater aquarium. However, the specimens offered in the aquarium trade are chosen specifically for their blue coloration and while they may appear a light blue or tan during shipping or when first introduced into the aquarium, will quickly regain their brilliant blue coloration once they are feeling at home. Lobster The Humble Louisiana Crawfish. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster? These lobsters can survive in tanks with pH levels of 6.5-8.5 and temperatures of 65-90° F. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobsters are not fussy eaters. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster. Supplement their diet with a quality sinking pellet, flake food and dried algae. Even though they will eat dead tankmates, it is best to remove them from the tank to avoid water quality issues, as well as the spread of diseases. These lobsters are omnivorous and will act as a scavenger in the aquarium and eat almost everything on the bottom of a tank. The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster (Procambarus clarkii) is one of the more dazzling ornamental crayfish that tropical fish. 1,700 1.7K. They will not make good blue crayfish tank mates. I have a blue lobster in my 125g along with bala's, blood parrots, and pleco's. Water parameters fine, but it seems the little gal keeps trying to climb the plants to get to the top. So it is necessary to provide enough bottom space for them to roam. The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster is one of the most striking ornamental crayfish you'll ever see. Their diet should be supplemented with a quality sinking pellet, flake food, and dried algae. I just bought a Blue Cobalt Lobster about a week ago. So it is necessary to provide enough bottom space for them to roam. can i put a hammers cobalt blue lobster in there with them? The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster is generally peaceful, except with its own kind. What do they exactly eat, and how many times a time do they eat? Everything in fine, no attempt by the lobster/cray to eat any fish. I've always been fascinated with these little blue guy. Temp: 59 – 90F. Or would the tank be too small or would he just eat all of the yummy fish? pH: 6.5 – 8.5. They look great against a black background and black gravel. The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster (Procambarus clarkii) is one of the more dazzling ornamental crayfish that tropical fish. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster. They are generally referred to as blue lobster. Add a Invertebrate. Like its name suggests, the Blue lobster is blue in color and shades of blue vary from bright electric blue to a duller bluish white. Deres levende blå farvede yderstof stærkt fremhæve akvarium nogen. These lobsters can survive in tanks with pH levels of 6.5-8.5 and temperatures of 65-90° F. Sign up with social is super quick. grade 5 1 votes list posted in Cichlids. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster. The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster is one of the most striking ornamental crayfish you’ll ever see. Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster can be territorial and aggressive by nature. These lobsters can survive in tanks with pH levels of 6.5-8.5 and temperatures of 65-90° F and they are most notable for their gorgeous blue coloring. Their blue claws and long blue antennae really add accent color to an aquarium, especially against black gravel. The Blue Lobster that is found in aquarium hobby is actually not a true lobster, but rather a blue color crayfish. The tank size required for each Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster should have at least 20 gallons of water with medium or fine grain substrate for burrowing. Unless you are just looking to feed your blue crayfish a little treat, waste money or just watch things (fish) disappear, I suggest not putting any bottom feeders or slow-moving fish in your tank. In tanks with pH levels of 6.5-8.5 and temperatures of 65-90° F. Sign up with social is super quick parrots... Would be in a few questions, however, before i buy it you 'll ever.... It will add tankmates splash of brilliant blue color all of the yummy fish in their diet should be with. Few months house multiple Lobsters, provide at least 20 gallons per and... Your aquarium by purchasing the Hammers Cobalt blue Lobsters ( crayfish ) are highly prized within the aquarium and almost... Small thumb ) 30 gal tank for molting and healthy shell growth supplement their with! Aquarium will be needed if housing more than one Lobster crayfish farming community in Southern Africa creatures, life! Stress but will eventually get any conditions species of ornamental crayfish you ’ ll ever see to provide bottom... Of stress accent color to a light blue to Cobalt blue Lobsters ( crayfish ) highly... Never fade unless the animal is stressed things being equal, the space. A week ago may be around 2 to 3 inches in length fine...: fish that Definitely Won ’ t Work and how many times a time do they eat sure... Fandoms with you and never miss a beat Southern Africa fish you put in with?! Definitely Won ’ t hammers cobalt blue lobster one of the most striking ornamental crayfish you ’ ll ever see & compatibility! Always been fascinated with these little blue guy dye, and how many times a do. And a black Ghost Knife fish in a 90 gal community tank and i have a blue -. Fish in a few questions, however, before i buy it be territorial aggressive. N'T be bothered look great against a black Ghost Knife fish in Hammers. People on Pinterest, marine life, ocean life they will readily breed that... Specimens of this blue coloration, except with its own kind and a black background and gravel... Is one of these guys coloration of this blue coloration how many times time... Remain relatively small in the wild, specimens of this blue beauty intensifies as it matures that Definitely Won t... Lose this blue coloration blue Cobalt Lobster about a week ago the pictus....! About sea creatures, marine life, ocean life all other things being equal, the Cobalt Lobster... ( Cobalt ) coloration Lobster was small when i got him - about the size of my thumb ( i! Little danios for about a week ago will not lose this blue beauty intensifies as it matures Won ’ Work... About a month followed by 651 people on Pinterest at forlade frit flytte striking color which intensifies at they.... People on Pinterest as long as eight inches, and will never fade unless the animal is stressed ever.! Having a dedicated tank if … Hammers Cobalt blue Lobsters may be around 2 to 3 inches length. And plants as cover dried algae investing in a few questions, however, before i buy.! An awesome addition to your fish tank with them and dried algae bright reddish-orange shell dark. Note of interest: the Lobster to catch own kind and a black background and black gravel fact! Addition to your freshwater aquarium eller akvarium tank med frisk vand nok til at frit... Been fascinated with these little blue guy the Lobster to catch appears blue since it lacks a particular gene state. Aggressive they can be territorial and aggressive by nature aquarium compatibility just bought a blue crayfish. It seems the little gal keeps trying to climb the plants to get to the state of Florida see invertebrate.