Office Hours. Electronic copies of assignments will be accepted in the digital dropbox; please do not submit assignments via email unless asked to do so. -Booth, Allison et al. How the Instructor Reaches You: Blackboard automatically sends email to your ACC Google account. 3. To understand literature as an expression of human values within an historical and social context. Note: Students who purchase new copies of this book in the college bookstore should receive access codes for the online Shorter Edition which includes all selections … Office Hours. Tips for Successfully Handing in Work: Always, always save your papers every fifteen minutes as you write them. To learn about how distance learning courses work, go to, ENGL 2342-015 Introduction to Literature Syllabus--Distance Learning, Required Textbooks and Supplies (You must buy these editions.). Any technical questions go to the help desk at 223-HELP or helpdesk@austincc.edu. The Norton Introduction to Literature. An absence = an absence, especially in an online class with 24/7 access. get the syllabus english 2013 introduction to literature connect that we give here and check out the link. LIT 3312 / Prof. Swanstrom Introduction to Fantasy Time: TR 5:00 - 6:20 P.M. New York, NY: Penguin Books, 1990. Essays must be well-written. It thus involves selected readings, arranged by types. English 2342: Section: 003-34991 Office: RGC 3120. Students study the meanings of a wide range of short stories, poems, and dramas. Course Information. Participation, attendance, and etiquette 10% Lynn McClelland English/Humanities Instructor ENH 110 Introduction to Literature Section 30428 Online Official Start Date: Aug. 22, 2011 Official End Date: Dec. 9, 2011 Syllabus for undergraduate English survey course which introduces students to various periods of British and American literature, as well as different genres and forms. Section 011 Lecture TTh 12:00 - 13:20 RVSG 9117 Douglas Dawson. Course Description. -Computer access is required. In order to pass Introduction to Literature, you are going to have to . Contact the Help Desk if you need to get it. Online attendance and participation: This is 10% of your grade but impacts the overall quality of your work. English 2001, D532 (69840) Introduction to Literature I: Fiction Fall 2013 New York City College of Technology, CUNY. The above ACC policy applies, but for an online class, we must be extra aware of how to relate to each other. These activities directly impact your grade. Introduction: John Winthrop’s “A City Upon a Hill,” p. 101. Academic Dishonesty, Plagiarism, and Collusion. Prerequisites Students must submit one assignment for each genre covered. To broaden students’ intercultural reading experience; Syllabus English 2013 Introduction To Literature Recognizing the pretension ways to acquire this books syllabus english 2013 introduction to literature is additionally useful. Updates will be announced via Blackboard and email. Synonym 29328 ENGL-2342 Spring 2012 01/17/2012 - 05/13/2012 Course Information. I will specify what good participation looks like in another course document. It is expected that faculty and students will respect the views of others when expressed in classroom discussions. ENGL207: Introduction to Literature Syllabus Summer II 2015 [I celebrate myself, and sing myself] I celebrate myself, and sing myself, And what I assume you shall assume, For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. Penalty for not participating/attending: Students who miss more than three participation sessions overall will lose 2% from their total class grade with each additional “absence.” Please use your absences wisely. Syllabus Sections. For MANDATORY orientation information email hlynch@austincc.edu by June 30. Students who don’t meet the minimum requirements will not receive passing participation credit and should not expect an above average letter grade in this course. Full acknowledgement for all information obtained from sources outside the classroom must be clearly stated in all written work submitted. These differences enhance the learning experience and create an atmosphere where students and instructors alike will be encouraged to think and learn. Our Course Grading and Evaluation It is the policy of the Literature Faculty that students who plagiarize will receive an F in the subject, and that the instructor will forward the case to the Committee on Discipline. No … Others by appointment M W 1:00 pm - 1:25 pm; M W 8:50 am - 9:10 am; T Th 4:20 - 5:55 pm NRG; T Th … 02/07/2012 19:00:10. My foremost purpose in this course is simply to expose you to great works of literature and to engender some reaction to it. ). Oedipus the King. Use Times, Courier, or Palatino typefaces. COURSE REQUIREMENTS; Publish Date. To set up your account, go to http://www.austincc.edu/google/ and carefully read the directions. A Pocket Style Manual. Sanders, Andrew. Syllabus for Introduction to Literature & Composition Part A Text: Introduction to Literature & Composition Part A, Published by 7SistersHomeschool.com. EN239 LE321 Introduction to Literature SYLLABUS 2 2555 1 1 1 Having read thousands of papers, I have caught several students plagiarizing and given Fs. Section 009 ACC’s Statement of Course Requirements and Grading Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist (Norton: 1752-1760) 3. Teaching Assistants: Rob Fox (GRs): robert.fox86@gmail.com, phone 617-492-4486 Bad etiquette can hurt your participation grade. Short Stories and Literary Elements Please remember that this syllabus is considered contractual by Bunker Hill Community College. Genre exams (objective, short answer, and essay) 40% Home » Courses » Introduction to Theory of Literature. Through coursework, experience abroad, and other cultural encounters, the Modern Languages Program cultivates communicative skills and cultural awareness that prepare students at Western Kentucky University to be more knowledgeable and sensitive citizens of the … Don’t forget to ask about this concept. COURSE REQUIREMENTS; READINGS; COURSE SUBJECTS; STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES/LEARNING OBJECTIVES; Publish Date. Office Hours. Reading quiz and/or discussion. Reading and grammar quizzes; response papers 10% 05/28/2012 18:20:55. 19-Mar-12 Week 6 and 7. Students who do not observe good netiquette, as described on page will also receive a lower grade. "The Gothic Mind" (2014). 05/18/2012 16:39:08. February 2                  Read pages 465-479 on Metaphor and Simile, Monday,                     Metaphor and Simile in poems, February 7                  Read  pages 483-513 on Sound and Rhythm, Wednesday,                Sound and Rhythm in poems, February 9                  Chose poems from the book you’d like to discuss, Write your sweetie a Valentine’s Day poem, Monday,                     The rest of poetry. Description: Introduction to Literature English 110 introduces students to poetry, prose and drama while acquainting them with critical frameworks for interpreting literature. Student Freedom of Expression Reading quiz and/or discussion. Students. INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE I COURSE SYLLABUS . ENGLISH 212-__: INTRODUCTION TO AMERICAN LITERATURE COURSE OVERVIEW We will read from a wide range of American literature using the most recent (9th), shorter, two-volume edition of The Norton Anthology of American Literature. A. These activities directly impact your grade. Mon/Wed 3:00-4:15 pm (Peck Hall 3315) Figure 1. poster for Billy Morrissette's Scotland, PA (2001) "Realism is a bad word. You will receive specific directions soon. Course Syllabus. Please take special note: I do not distinguish between excused and unexcused absences, so please do not feel obligated to ask for an "excused" absence. Introduction to Literature. Academic work is defined as, but not limited to, tests and quizzes, whether taken electronically or on paper; projects, either individual or group; classroom presentations; and homework. We are still in a formal academic setting, so we must show each other courtesy and respect, but through what we write. Course Requirements Introduction to Literature … View the Word document titled MLA Format for an Essay, 1302. Required Textbooks and Supplies (You must buy these editions. Mary Rowlandson, Captivity Narrative, pp. Spring 2012 … RESTRICTED F Y 6 1. Submitting Assignments/Meeting Deadlines: I will respond to your email within 48 hours, not including weekends. The Norton Introduction to Literature. ENGLISH 201: INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE - 3 Credits/3 Hours ENG 201 -… However, we will not be meeting online at a specific time. - Introductions: names, photos, emails (group) - Comments on syllabus, website - Visit to the Library: select, register term book. ENGL 1001W, 4 credits; Faculty Coordinator: Toni McNaron; Faculty Coordinator Assistants: Denise Wahlin-Fiskum and John Eret; Sponsoring U of M Department: English; U of M Requirement(s) Fulfilled: Liberal Education—Literature; Writing Intensive; Teacher Applications: Check the Applicant Handbook for details. William Hoppe, In order to pass Introduction to Literature, you are going to have to. We really will be an online community and get to know each other’s personalities. To stimulate a greater appreciation of language as an artistic medium and of the aesthetic principles that shape literary works; ENGL 300 . Call 223-HELP or email helpdesk@austincc.edu. Introduction to Literature Fall 2012. I loafe and invite my soul, I lean and … By reading, analyzing, and writing about literature, you will become a more competent and confident reader, critical thinker, and writer. Required Text: Literature and its Writers: Charters & Charters Course Description: This course will introduce students to the genres of poetry, short fiction, and drama. About Incompletes Prepare your paper well before the deadline to avoid any mishaps. COURSE REQUIREMENTS; Publish Date. Academia.edu is a platform for academics to share research papers. Section 002 Lecture MW 13:30 - 14:50 RGC1 135 Jose Flores. 6/30-7/9 who receive lower than a C may re-write their essays one time, no later than one week after the essay is returned to the student. Wednesday,                Poems you’d  like to share, February 16                Discussion of poetry essay, Monday,                     Intro to Novel, February 23                keep reading   Bell Jar, Monday,                     POETRY ESSAY DUE, Wednesday,                Bell Jar wrap-up, March 2                      discussion of essay, Monday,                     Winesburg, Ohio, March 7                      keep reading Winesburg, Ohio, Wednesday,                BELL JAR ESSAY DUE, March 9                      Winesburg, Ohio, Monday, March 14& Wednesday March 16  SPRING BREAK, Please have lots of fun and come back to class, Monday,                     Winesburg, Ohio, Wednesday,                Winesburg, Ohio wrap up, March 23                    Discussion of Essay, Monday,                     Lesson Before Dying, March 28                    read more Lesson Before Dying, Wednesday,                Lesson Before Dying, March 30                    read more  Lesson Before Dying, Monday,                     WINESBURG, OHIOESSAY DUE, Wednesday,                Lesson Before Dying wrap-up, April  6                        Discussion of essay, Monday,                     Intro to Drama—Guest Lecturer, April 11                       Act out “Dr. English 2342, Introduction to Literature I is a study of the main genres of literature: poetry, drama, and prose. With the fifth absence, student will be withdrawn from the class. Phone: (651) 252-2721. Other Texts 11:00-1:30. LIT201-01: Introduction to Literature Fall 2012. Syllabus for undergraduate English survey course which introduces students to various periods of British and American literature, as well as different genres and forms. An absence = an absence, especially in an online class with 24/7 access. February 14                Bring in a poem to share with the class. Introduction and Purpose of Course A. My Withdrawal Guidelines STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES/LEARNING OBJECTIVES. Literary elements quiz. write five short essays; participate in class; complete in-class essays. Available to meet by appointment as well. The penalty for missing more than three sessions is a penalty on top of any zeroes for posts or quizzes (just as if we were in a classroom in person). Location: SO170 Office: CU 330 Office Hours: Thursdays, 12-3; by appointment Course URL: https://introductiontofantasy.wordpress.com email: Lswanstr@fau.edu phone: 561-297-2793 Course Description Welcome to LIT3312! Professor: Kendall Shields Email: kendall.shields@gmail.com Office Hours: M, W, F 10AM-2PM (see "Office Hours" note below) Poetry and final exam. January  18                 Assignment: purchase books and journal, Wednesday,                General Intro to Poetry, January 20                  Read pages 452-457, deeply considering the poems, Monday,                     Imagery in poems, January 25                  Read pages 397-417 on Voice and Tone, Wednesday,                Voice and Tone in poems, January  27                 Read pages 421-437 on Meaning, Monday,                     Meaning in poems, January 31                  Read pages 441-448 on Denotation and Connotation. It emphasizes literature as a reflection of culture and focuses on developing students' abilities to respond to and interpret literary texts. No office hours have been entered for this term Course Requirements MW: 12 to 1:20 (RGC 3356) Prof: Jose Flores . Response paper. Second edition. Riverside Campus, Room RVSG 9117, T/Th 9:00-10:20, Synonym 12842 Instructor: Ms. Hilary Lynch Office # and Hours: Adjunct office 9139, Building G, 2nd floor, Th. Read the welcome note below. Course Introduction Section 004 Lecture TTh 19:30 - 20:50 NRG4 4250 Michael Sirmons. Syllabus for English 200: Introduction to Literature Section 001 Instructor: Billy Longino Semester: Spring 2015 email: longino.billy@gmail.com Location: Ferguson 181 Office: LAN 328 Time: MWF 10:00 – 10:50 Office Hours: M/W/F 9:00 – 10:00; Tues 1:30 – 3:30; or by appointment Course Description Here are some other questions I’d like to look at I see no line between the imaginary and the real." Mailbox: South Austin Mailroom    Course length: June 30-Aug. 8 The primary focus of any literature course is the close examination of texts. 7/31-8/8 Such options include quizzes, reading, dramatizations, journal writing, brief literary writing exercises, oral book reports, reports on authors, or other activities. Spring 2017. Please arrange your life schedule so that you will be able to participate online for the entire session. ENGL-2342 Fall 2010 08/23/2010 - 12/12/2010 Course Information. Syllabus English 108, Section 01, Fall 2011. An emergency on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine, so please manage your time, plan ahead, and ask questions by Friday afternoon. Do not count on being able to earn an Incomplete. Course: Engl 108, Sec 01 Time: T/Th, 12:00 – 1:15 Place: THOM 201 Instructor: James Trout email: trouteus@gmail.com phone: 5-2502 Office: 383, Avery Hall Hours: W, 11:00 – 12:00 (or, by appointment) Literature and Literary Studies. It thus involves selected readings, arranged by types. LIT 3312 / Prof. Swanstrom Introduction to Fantasy Time: TR 5:00 - 6:20 P.M. This course is designed to broaden students' understanding of the human condition via discussion and critical analysis of assigned reading from what has been called The Canon. I do not often check my email late at night or on weekends, so please do not plan on quickly reaching me at those times. Essays will not be accepted more than one week after the due date. You will be graded on how well you fulfill these assignments. Section 015 ENGL-2342 Spring 2012 01/17/2012 - 05/13/2012 Course Information. Please see the Assignments section each Monday, week by week, to see specific dates and deadlines. Syllabus. Writing course includes short story (family narrative) writing and essay writing. New York: Norton, 2010-Hacker, Diana. COURSE REQUIREMENTS; Publish Date. LAST DAY TO TURN IN WORK. Introduction to Literature Syllabus Sections. You are asked to go online at least three days a week, just as if we met three times per week. 12 top of 15; Carver 28 ("Cathedral"). Additional activities and assignments may be announced during this class. The Norton Introduction to Literature. Student Questionnaire Due on Western Online. One in-class final exam essay of 500-700 words; One 1500-word (minimum) researched literary argument/analysis based on close reading of a literary work or … Introduction to Literature. You will not find prompts on the course syllabus. Literature, An Introduction to Fiction, Poetry and Drama(12 th edition) Let the Great World Spin, by Colum McCann; A pocket dictionary that you should carry to class; A notebook for class notes; Access to the internet . F314 Introduction to French Literature counts toward fulfilling the French minor and major literature distribution requirement. Checking Blackboard at http://acconline.austincc.edu will also help you. Paper #2 due. Submitting Assignments/Meeting Deadlines: You need to submit papers by the indicated due dates; otherwise, you may find it difficult to keep up. Location: SO170 Office: CU 330 Office Hours: Thursdays, 12-3; by appointment Course URL: https://introductiontofantasy.wordpress.com email: Lswanstr@fau.edu phone: 561-297-2793 Course Description Welcome to LIT3312! You will be introduced to a variety of literary genres including the short story, poetry, and drama. (Extreme illness, death in the family, etc.) Faustus” in class, April 13                       Read rest of “Fences”, Monday,                     LESSON BEFORE DYING ESSAY DUE, Wednesday,                “Fences” wrap-up, April 20                       Discussion of essay, Monday,                     More Drama-subject TBA, Monday,                     “FENCES” ESSAY DUE, Wednesday,                Viewing Drama/Reading in Class, Monday,                     Contemporary Discussion. Distance Learning Go to http://irt.austincc.edu/blackboard/StudentSupport.php. No office hours have been entered for this term Course Requirements English 2342: DIL 006 (11 wks) Office: RGC BLDG. Introduction to Literature PDF (6.2 MB) To share these files with your students, copy and paste the text and download link above into a page or announcement in your learning management system (Blackboard, Canvas, etc. This is a course that builds upon skills introduced in English 101. Anything copied or borrowed from another source without proper MLA documentation and turned in as your own work constitutes plagiarism and results in an automatic 0% (F) for the assignment. Syllabus. Read: Introduction to Assignment 2 Literature reading assignment two: Emily Dickinson "These are the days when Birds come back" Vol. Introduction to Literature. Portable 12th ed., Norton, 2017. The penalty for missing more than three sessions is a penalty on top of any zeroes for posts or quizzes (just as if we were in a classroom in person). Do not work together on your individual essay assignments. Thursday 4 … I expect you to withdraw yourself from class if you disappear, but some students want an F for financial aid reasons. 1251, "Some keep the Sabbath going to Church" Vol. Office Hours . Never write anything you wouldn’t want to read yourself. Reading Assignments. Course Description ENGL-2342 Spring 2012 01/17/2012 - 05/13/2012 Course Information. Welcome to Introduction to Literature! A Pocket Style Manual. Asynchronous (no scheduled meeting times) Three Credit Hours. Always feel free to challenge ideas and concepts brought up in the class, as long as you are doing so in a collegial manner in a search for deeper and greater truth. *Click here to download a PDF (printable) version of our course syllabus. Instructors will provide specific written guidelines for each assignment and may establish deadlines by which students must complete a specific number of assignments or be subject to WITHDRAWAL from the course. (Frederico Fellini) "Thoughts are real," he said. To learn about how distance learning courses work, go to http://dl.austincc.edu/students/#DL101. All reading assignments are due on the dates listed on the syllabus. About the Course. Also email the files to yourself and/or save them to a disk or jump or flash drive. W 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Northridge 4107 Other hours by appointment. Syllabus. Most readings will require some discussion questions and some will be subjects for reading quizzes. Course Objectives English 2342, Introduction to Literature I is a study of the main genres of literature:  poetry, drama, and prose. Drama and Tragedy Introduction to Course, Plagiarism, and Introduction to the Research Paper. I check email about three times per day. If you do not participate three times per week as asked, it is your responsibility to communicate with me and figure out what you missed. List several reasons why various writers write literature and/or roles that writers play in cultures. Woody Allen has been credited for saying that “80% of success is showing up.” If you miss a lot of class, you will fail. Introduction to Literature Syllabus Sections. Collusion is working together on individual assignments. No recycled papers from high school or other classes, please. 02/07/2012 18:54:19. You can find answers to most questions there, and you will get quicker feedback. Scholastic Dishonesty SAC1 1319 In each section, we will be exploring what makes each of genres unique, and how they are able to do things that cannot be done in other genres. The grade in ENGL 1302 must be at least “C.”  All students must submit proof of completing English 1302 or its equivalent. Introduction to Literature Syllabus Sections. Reading quizzes are scored and go in your quiz grade. Assignments consist of the following: Response Paper: A brief response to modes of reading covered in the first section (about 3 pages) If you simply show up and do the work, you should pass. In this course, literature is the filed for the development of critical reading, critical thinking, independent research, and writing skills. manner. Discussion board posts are scored and added to your participation grade. 2. (ISBN 978-0-393-90501-4) ... You must complete ALL major essay assignments listed in this syllabus in order to obtain a passing grade. Students are responsible for knowing whether their instructor will withdraw them if they cannot meet such deadlines. COURSE REQUIREMENTS; Publish Date. 11th ed. We will be studying and writing about four different genres: Fiction, Poetry, Drama, and Research. Office Hours. Do your reading before class. To deepen students’ awareness of the universal human concerns that are the basis for literary works; How to Use Blackboard: To avoid rewriting the instruction manual, I strongly encourage you to utilize BB’s help page as much as possible while learning how to use Blackboard. You will be graded on how well you fulfill these assignments. ACC’s Withdrawal Policy English 200, Introduction to Literature, is designed to provide you with a basic understanding of the three principal literary genres: fiction, poetry, and drama. For poetry, short stories, and drama, an instructor may allow the following options: For the novel, an instructor may allow the following options: Other Credit Options:  An instructor may count other options for a maximum of two more grades, together accounting for no more than one-third of your final grade. Professor Jill Belli jbelli@citytech.cuny.edu Namm 520 (718) 260-4974. )-Booth, Allison et al. Accomodations OSD often provides: http://www.austincc.edu/support/osd/accommodations.php Lynn McClelland English/Humanities Instructor ENH 110 Introduction to Literature Section 30428 Online Official Start Date: Aug. 22, 2011 Official End Date: Dec. 9, 2011 You will develop the ability to read all three with the critical appreciation of a mature reader, thus allowing you to make value judgments based upon your reactions and perceptions of the works read in the course. Daily work, including class participation, group and team work assignments, quizzes, presentations. Students with Disabilities If you do not participate three times per week as asked, it is your responsibility to communicate with me and figure out what you missed. Missing class does not extend a deadline, nor can anyone make up short reading quizzes once they are closed, no exceptions. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet causes us to be less formal or thoughtful, and we want to maintain good standards while enjoying the convenience of an online class. The objective of this course is to provide you with a thorough introduction to the literature … The Texas State Legislature passed a bill stating that students who first enroll in public colleges and universities beginning in fall 2007 and thereafter may not withdraw from more than six classes during their undergraduate college career. This includes plagiarized sections of papers, if not an entirely plagiarized paper. In other words, please treat each other well, even if you disagree. Course Home Page ENH 110 Getting Started. I, p. 1253, "A Bird came down the Walk" Vol. Section 005 Distance Learning ONL RGC Jose Flores. The History of Sexuality, Vol. Introduction to Literature. 2. I expect careful reading and re-reading of the texts as we discuss them. ENG200.002 Introduction to Literary Study . There just isn’t time. 5th edition w/ 2009 MLA update. ENGL207: Introduction to Literature Syllabus Summer II 2015 [I celebrate myself, and sing myself] I celebrate myself, and sing myself, And what I assume you shall assume, For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. Note to students: This syllabus is like a contract between students and instructor. However, completion of all assignments does not necessarily guarantee a passing grade. Robert Burns, Auld Lang Syne (Norton: 108), class material. ONL SAC Prof. Eileen A. Joy. 74-90. Boston: Bedford/St. Section 006 Distance Learning ONL RGC Jose Flores. I will respond to your email within 48 hours, not including weekends. Remember, an honest C is so much better than a dishonorable F. Also be prepared to produce any research sources to verify that you used them responsibly. Comprehensive final exam 10%. COURSE REQUIREMENTS; READINGS; Publish Date. 08/17/2010 12:58:40. Sample Syllabus. I Syllabus for BA (ENGLISH LITERATURE) 2017 – 2020 Batch Knowledge Wisdom Compassion SREE SARASWATHI THYAGARAJA COLLEGE An Autonomous, NAAC Re-Accredited with 'A' Grade, ISO – 9001 certified Institution, Affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore By staying enrolled after you have read it, you are agreeing to all policies outlined herein. ENGLISH 104 SYLLABUS INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE: FICTION Instructor: Terrance Millet Office & Tel: NSH 203; 917 ... literature, and partly a class about humanity, psychology, and philosophy.” It’s partly a class about history and politics too—about what it means to be a woman or a man living in society and writing about that experience. Participation, including in-class essays = 10% of the grade. These are very rare and are only given if there is a true emergency that keeps you from finishing the semester. Welcome to English E-100b: Introduction to Literary Criticism II (download a PDF copy of the syllabus here) Instructor: Dr. Sue Weaver Schopf Conference Hours (by appointment only): Wednesday, 3-5 Email: schopf@fas.harvard.edu. Academic dishonesty and plagiarism, claiming that work done by someone else was done by you, are completely unacceptable. Discussion board posts are scored and added to your participation grade. Week 3, 7/10- 7/16 Introduction to Literature. English resources from ACC: http://library.austincc.edu/w3/ENG/  Office Hours. Students are encouraged to do this three weeks before the start of the semester and inform me of any disabilities by July 8. You will read announcements, check assignments, take quizzes, and respond to other students’ posts, to name just a few activities. Must show each other but also with the Instructor: not meeting person..., poetry, and you will be introduced to a disk or jump or flash.., so we must show each other the pretension ways to acquire this BOOKS syllabus English 2013 to! Differences in the digital dropbox ; please do not observe good netiquette, as described page... Three ways to Reach the Instructor readings ; course Number Literature and to some. We give here and check out the link 4202 Lennis Polnac major essay assignments listed in syllabus... The Norton Introduction to Literature I is a SURVEY of the main genres of Literature about syllabus... Them to a disk or jump or flash drive in work: writing assignments will be examining do! “ the Iroquois Creation story, poetry, and dramas week two 1/24 Western online Post... Bird came down the Walk '' Vol Extreme illness, death in the States. Information email hlynch @ austincc.edu by June 30 questions there, and you will get quicker feedback or equivalent. Is additionally useful, there are bound to be important to stay on schedule dates! Help you my policy: all work in ENGL 1302 must be on similarities differences. Michael Sirmons - 22:00 NRG4 4202 Lennis Polnac activity through quizzes, discussion threads, and prose and. To Theory of Literature about ; syllabus quiz so please proofread your work, you should pass students submit. To the help Desk at 223-HELP or helpdesk @ austincc.edu missing paper policies... ( you must buy these editions. and learn are real, '' said! And prose but its policies and rules will be withdrawn from the class:... View the Word document titled MLA format for an online Community and to... Of genres of Literature, written specifically for this term course Requirements MW: 12 to (. Respect, but go to assignments to get it or she is to. Two weeks of class online, he or she is expected that faculty students. Of the final grade 4250 Michael Sirmons syllabus 2 2555 1 1 the Norton Introduction to Literature I a... From class if you introduction to literature syllabus to get it emergency that keeps you from finishing the semester 2 ENGL 1001W the. Stories, poems, reading three short novels, and analysis pnygren @ farmington.k12.mn.us deadlines will be withdrawn from class... W 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Northridge 4107 other hours by appointment 1/24 Western online discussion Post # due! Full acknowledgement for all information obtained from sources outside the classroom must be own. Poetry, drama, and dramas line between the imaginary and the arts – Literature, you should pass disabilities... The imaginary and the real. 69840 ) Introduction to Literature Fall 2012 my discretion, go! The syllabus English 2013 Introduction to Literature I: Fiction Fall 2013 new York: Norton, 2010 -Hacker Diana! Courses work, you will be given failing grades for the entire.! Independent research, and two plays having read thousands of papers, if an.: Jose Flores quizzes, discussion of Literature and to engender some reaction to it about... – Literature, you will be offline be your own original effort, written specifically this! Home » Courses » Introduction to Theory of Literature: poetry, drama, and two plays accommodate... Page of your essay track of your essay Blackboard automatically sends email to your within! As if we met three times per week often provides: http: //www.austincc.edu/support/osd/accommodations.php, http: //acconline.austincc.edu also. Mandatory orientation information email hlynch @ austincc.edu it for a real emergency short story, ”.. To the research paper and writing skills some discussion questions and some will be applied and enforced throughout the and. Not tell me you have remained in right site to begin Getting this info: #. I can not send emails to your ACC Google account literary study, inquiry and... Of assignments will be studying and writing skills `` Thoughts are real, '' he said real ''... //Dl.Austincc.Edu/Students/ # DL101 after the due Date any Literature course requires credit for both ENGL 1301 ENGL... To accommodate you logging in deadlines for each genre covered … Sample syllabus York: Norton, 2010,... Lang Syne ( Norton: 1752-1760 ) 3 most questions there, and.! You must buy these editions. family Narrative ) writing and essay writing additionally. English 2001, D532 ( 69840 ) Introduction to Theory of Literature within the of. Remember that this syllabus in order to obtain a passing grade Blackboard class site ( syllabus, assignments etc. This online class with 24/7 access will also receive a lower grade Barbara... The Critic as Artist ( Norton: 108 ), class material William Bradford, of Plantation. The start of the grade in ENGL 1302 or their equivalents when I died '' `` brain! Finishing the semester additionally useful online at a specific Time Literature is the close examination of texts complete in-class =! Support services for students who wish to develop a foundational understanding of literary study, inquiry, and drama essay! On page will also help you go in your quiz grade story, poetry, analysis. ( Frederico Fellini ) `` Thoughts are real, '' he said be introduced to a disk or jump flash! Contractual by Bunker Hill Community College discussed on the first semester of a wide range of stories. Atmosphere where students and instructors alike will be graded on how well you fulfill these assignments Statement. City College of Technology, CUNY tremendous amount of great Literature written we! Failing grades for the entire session 13:20 RRC1 1123.00 Barbara Lewis - 8:00 pm Northridge 4107 other hours appointment...