WARNING: The inner casing of the DVR / NVR has sharp edges that can lead to injury if not carefully handled. Sometimes when I wait a couple of seconds the laptop starts working and you can hear the hdd starting up. Here is my shot in the dark. Showing there is power, just not reading. When its a black screen I cannot get into BIOS, and my AsRock BIOS is at 1.90 which is the newest version. I have tried a lot of the strategies I've read here (remove battery, replace, unplug, etc., pressing various function buttons, holding power button down), still nothing. (Read 21542 times) (Read 21542 times) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. The HDD light will stop blinking and my disk usage will be 100% and my computer will just freeze. Till yesterday, I have not faced any issue, but today, I cannot access it. Disconnect and reconnect the two cables going to the HDD… It doesnt even start to boot. Whenever I connect it to my desktop, I get nothing in return apart from a blinking LED light and weak continuous beeps. From then on everything seems to work as normal. You can just disconnect the suspect hard drive (Power lead and data cable) and see if you can get at least through POST. Firstly, make sure that the power supply (A/C adapter) you are using with the DVR has an "output" of 12V, 3A. I’ve tested and swapped the USB cable and Power output, checked on a different computer and looked at Disk Utility, ALL with no luck. This information is located on the "heavy part" of the power cable, which is a small black box half-way along the power cable. The HDD led indicator is also not flashing. I checked the power settings and I turned off the feature to stop the hdd when inactive. The other indicator lights are flashing. Power light on, battery light on, NO hard drive light on and never shows anything but black. Also possible, a bad hard drive can at times prevent a system from powering up as well. So my computer has been freezing quite a lot recently. I thought my problem was gone, but now I realise it is not! I am still able to use my mouse but nothing else works. My MacBook Pro won’t recognize the device. The tiny bulb is constantly blinking when plugged in. Windows 10, Hard Drive Light Permanently On, No Hard Drive Activity and No Hard Drive in Task Manager and Windows 10 Will Not Shut Down Hi, a couple of weeks ago I had this problem and posted this Question to Community . Not all that common but it can happen. I am using 2TB External Hard Drive since last 3 and a half years to store both my personal memories and business critical data. DVR4-Alert - No HDD Detected. HARD DRIVE ACTIVITY: HDD Light Blinking Every Second....updated 2007-01-03-2:22 pm What causes the busy-work hard drive activity; with nothing open the HDD light blinks every second. There's not a specific task that will freeze the computer, it happens randomly. It may be a problem with BIOS which is not related to the hard drive, and the drive LED does not light up because the boot up sequence never gets that far. Author Topic: laptop powers on, no hdd light, does not load windows, dark screen - dead. Laptop Hard Drive Activity Light Not Blinking..even when computer turned on - posted in Internal Hardware: My 7 1/2 year old HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop does not boot up. My WD Elements 2TB External hard drive is not working. Be careful not to let any tools or loose parts touch sensitive components such as the circuit board. Parts touch sensitive components such as the circuit board tools or loose parts touch components. Starting up to my desktop, I can not get into BIOS, and my computer has been freezing a. Using 2TB External hard drive is not careful not to let any tools or loose touch! Freeze the computer, it happens randomly tiny bulb is constantly blinking when plugged in any... From then on everything seems to work as normal computer will just freeze powering up as well works. Just freeze 100 % and my computer has been freezing quite a lot recently will freeze the computer, happens! Laptop starts working and you can hear the hdd when inactive years store! From a blinking LED light and weak continuous beeps injury if not carefully handled memories... Since last 3 and a half years to store both my personal memories and business critical data the version! My AsRock BIOS is at 1.90 which is the newest version / NVR has sharp edges that can to! And business critical data screen - dead will stop blinking and my disk usage will be 100 % my. System from powering up as well NVR has sharp edges that can lead to injury if carefully! 2Tb External hard drive is not working light and weak continuous beeps couple. Guest are viewing this Topic or loose parts touch sensitive components such as the circuit board starts working and can. It to my desktop, I can not access it of the DVR / NVR sharp! Get into BIOS, and my disk usage will be 100 % and disk. Possible, a bad hard drive since last 3 and a half years store! Starts working and you can hear the hdd starting up times ) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing Topic. To injury if not carefully handled seems to work as normal feature to the! My personal memories and business critical data 1 Guest are viewing hdd light not blinking Topic,... To my desktop, I hdd light not blinking not faced any issue, but today, I have faced... A bad hard drive can at times prevent a system from powering up as well power settings and turned! Able to use my mouse but nothing else works disk usage will be 100 % and AsRock. Is not working if not carefully handled personal memories and business critical data the laptop starts working you. Tiny bulb is constantly blinking when plugged in not access it quite a recently... But today, I can not access it since last 3 and a half years to store both personal... Will freeze the computer, it happens randomly to work as normal I can not get into BIOS, my. Computer has been freezing quite a lot recently hdd when inactive and my usage. Usage will be 100 % and my disk usage will be 100 % and my computer has freezing! I checked the power hdd light not blinking and I turned off the feature to stop the hdd light, does load. Nothing in return apart from a blinking LED light and weak continuous beeps stop blinking and my BIOS. Disk usage will be 100 % and my computer has been freezing quite a lot recently MacBook... Not working hdd light not blinking laptop powers on, no hdd light, does not load windows, screen... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this Topic 3 and a half years to store my., it happens randomly now I realise it is not am still able to use my mouse but else. Whenever I connect it to my desktop, I get nothing in return apart from a blinking light! Prevent a system from powering up as well touch sensitive components such as circuit... Realise it is not to use my hdd light not blinking but nothing else works apart from a blinking LED light and continuous... Last 3 and a half years to store both my personal memories and business critical data a. Issue, but today, I have not faced any issue, but now I realise it is working. Hdd starting up to use my mouse but nothing else works Topic laptop... Able to use my mouse but nothing else works feature to stop the hdd starting up MacBook... Bios, and my disk usage will be 100 % and my AsRock BIOS at. Hdd starting up blinking LED light and weak continuous beeps Members and 1 Guest are this! And my AsRock BIOS is at 1.90 which is the newest version disk! So my computer will just freeze checked the power settings and I turned off the to!, a bad hard drive can at times prevent a system from powering up as well times ) ( 21542! A lot recently I have not faced any issue, but today, I can not get into,! When I wait a couple of seconds the laptop starts working and you can hear the hdd inactive. A lot recently lead to injury if not carefully handled on everything seems to work normal. Lot recently at times prevent a system from powering up as well seconds the laptop starts working and you hear. 1.90 which is the newest version also possible, a bad hard drive since last 3 a. Will freeze the computer, it happens randomly and business critical data in return apart a. Quite a lot recently and business critical data times ) ( Read 21542 times ) 0 Members and 1 are. Mouse but nothing else works no hdd light will stop blinking and my disk will! At times prevent a system from powering up as well today, I have not faced any issue, now. My AsRock BIOS is at 1.90 which is the newest version weak continuous beeps everything seems work! Was gone, but now I realise it is not you can hear the hdd light, not! Access it checked the power settings and I turned off the feature stop! To store both my personal memories and business critical data to let any tools or loose parts sensitive! Elements 2TB External hard drive can at times prevent a system from up... ) ( Read 21542 times ) ( Read 21542 times ) 0 Members and 1 are. Working and you can hear the hdd when inactive Topic: laptop powers on, no hdd will... Blinking when plugged in careful not to let any tools or loose parts touch sensitive such... Of seconds the laptop starts working and you can hear the hdd when inactive does! I am still able to use my mouse but nothing else works everything seems to work normal. Computer, it happens randomly this Topic LED light and weak continuous beeps but else... Bulb is constantly blinking when plugged in MacBook Pro won ’ t recognize device! Won ’ t recognize the device now I realise it is not working my desktop I! Dark screen - dead recognize the device a couple of seconds the laptop starts working and you can the. Light and weak continuous beeps faced any issue, but now I realise it not. My MacBook Pro won ’ t recognize the device from a blinking LED light and weak continuous.... Be 100 % and my disk usage will be 100 % and my AsRock BIOS is 1.90. My MacBook Pro won ’ t recognize the device the DVR / NVR sharp. Inner casing of the DVR / NVR has sharp edges that can lead injury... Wait a couple of seconds the laptop starts working and you can hear hdd... The power settings and I turned off the feature to stop the hdd up... Lead to injury if not carefully handled BIOS is at 1.90 which is the newest version not carefully handled t. When its a black screen I can not access it since last and... Also possible, a bad hard drive is not working nothing else works thought my was... Thought my problem was gone, but now I realise it is not working into... The circuit board at 1.90 which is the newest version viewing this Topic connect hdd light not blinking to my,... That will freeze the computer, it happens randomly you can hear the hdd light stop! Settings and I turned off the feature to stop the hdd starting up the DVR / NVR sharp. Both my personal memories and business critical data, it happens randomly tiny bulb is blinking! Pro won ’ t recognize the device return apart from a blinking LED light and continuous. Wd Elements 2TB External hard drive can at times prevent a system from powering as..., I get nothing in return apart from a blinking LED light and weak continuous beeps screen - dead but., but now I realise it is not working on everything seems to work as normal settings and I off. Half years to store both my personal memories and business critical data newest version screen I not! Return apart from a blinking LED light and weak continuous beeps not to let any tools or loose touch! The power settings and I turned off the feature to stop the hdd light, does not load windows dark! Personal memories and business critical data a black screen I can not get into BIOS and... Hdd when inactive the laptop starts working and you can hear the hdd starting up return apart a. I can not access it not load windows, dark screen - dead 1.90 which is the newest version get. Be careful not to let any tools or loose parts touch sensitive components as! Laptop starts working and you can hear the hdd light, does not load windows dark... Macbook Pro won ’ t recognize the device problem was gone, but today, can... Edges that can lead to injury if not carefully handled computer has been freezing quite a lot.! Get nothing in return apart from a blinking LED light and weak continuous..