Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, Drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and/or balsamic reduction, Spinach and Artichoke Macaroni and Cheese Bites. https://www.purewow.com/recipes/caprese-salad-with-grilled-zucchini Mosquito bites, frizzy-humid-mess hair, and standing with my head in the freezer are all daily occurrences. Preheat the grill on medium-high (I find my grill runs hot and set it on medium-low so feel free to adjust heat as needed). In fact it looks like a classic cold caprese salad - with zucchini … Sprinkle with basil. Sign up for PureWow to get more ideas like these (It’s free!). Cook over medium heat on your grill for about 4 minutes for each side, or until both sides are lightly charred. Your email address will not be published. Arrange grilled zucchini on a foil-lined baking sheet; top evenly with tomato mixture and mozzarella … Once the grill is hot, grill the zucchini until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. It's basically summer on a plate. Meagan @ A Zesty Bite says: August 6, 2013 at 8:58 am I love fresh salads during the Summer months. I just have one question before trying it - The recipe says to cook it until the cheese melts - but the photo clearly shows balls of mozzarella cheese. Cover and grill the zucchini … www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2015/07/grilled-zucchini-caprese-salad.html I was recently enamored with the idea of tossing in my second favorite summer vegetable, zucchini. Let cool slightly. An inspiration for so many dishes, like this main dish Chicken and Spiralized Zucchini Caprese, or this simple side dish White Bean Caprese, or this French Bread Pizza Caprese … Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil over the salad. And oh my, holy delicious. The Comfort of Cooking © Copyright 2020. And then smother them in a good olive oil, balsamic, basil, flaky salt, and a few cracks of fresh pepper. © 2010-2020 Wow Media Products, Inc doing business as PureWow. But, with my summer survival techniques also come the easy days that make it all worth it. Mug Cakes, Cookies & Small Batch Desserts, Summer Vegetable, Sausage and Potato Skillet, Slow Cooker Turkey Pesto Meatballs & Marinara, Summer Strawberry-Peach Salad with Goat Cheese. It’s a good thing I’m finally starting to appreciate summer in Austin, because we are IN IT. Serve alongside your favorite grilled meats and fish! This colorful salad … Easy, cozy and delicious comfort food recipes are on the table. All rights reserved. Combine oil, glaze, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. The twist is to replace the sliced tomato with zucchini and yellow squash; elevating it by lightly oiling, seasoning and charring them on the grill. Preheat your grill. Season with the salt and pepper. I was waiting for this ;) Looks soooo good…, Iím not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! Caprese Salad. Add tomatoes, mozzarella and … While those are … Colorful, healthy, quick and easy. The exception? Note: The information shown is Edamam's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Sign up for PureWow to get more daily discoveries sent straight to your inbox. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. These grilled caprese zucchini roll ups are an easy appetizer, perfect for your next BBQ! Step 4 Arrange 8 tomato slices on a platter; top each with 1 zucchini slice, 1 tomato slice, and 1 cheese slice. On a large platter, arrange overlapping sliced tomatoes, zucchini and mozzarella. A simple easy to make Zucchini Caprese Salad, the perfect no cook Summertime main dish or side dish recipe. Slice zucchini at an angle into 1/4-inch slices. I am not currently subscribed to PureWow.com, so please subscribe, I am already subscribed to PureWow.com, let me tell you the email address I used to subscribe, Please accept the terms and privacy statement by checking the box below. I love caprese salad, this is a welcome twist!! Welcome to The Comfort of Cooking. Add zoodles to a large bowl, toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. All the flavors of caprese salad, wrapped in a zucchini ribbon. I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. Are you sure you want to remove this item from your Recipe Box? When it comes to pre-made dressings and marinades, Tessemae’s is our go-to! All rights reserved. Never created a password? Our caprese salad upgrade, which features grilled zucchini. This Grilled Zucchini with Caprese Salad and Rocket (Arugula) Salsa is a great side dish and a perfect way to ring in summer and liven up plain zucchini. Top each stack with 1 zucchini slice, 1 tomato slice, 1 cheese slice, and 1 zucchini slice. Toss to combine and set aside for 10 minutes for flavors to … Serve immediately. So simple and easy! Combine tomato, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Brush both sides of zucchini slices with olive oil. 2. Caprese salad is so versatile, too. Our 800+ reader-loved recipes are always fresh, frugal and family friendly. Lay zucchini in a single layer on grill and cook for a few minutes on each side until grill marks appear and zucchini is slightly tender. Few things are more satisfying than a plateful of ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. 3. And it was a match made in heaven. Let marinate 15 minutes. It’s amazing how these flavors sing with such simple seasonings! Brush or toss lightly in olive oil and sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Divide salad among 4 plates and top each with 1 stuffed … Create one here. One of my mom's signature dishes was this amazing stuffed zucchini, and I do try to make it once in a while.But, more often than not, I opt for a quick something like today's Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad. Grilled Vegetable Orzo Salad. This is my favorite season for really fresh ingredients and fresh dishes like this Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad! Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Grilled Zucchini Caprese Caprese lends itself to endless variations, including a fresh zucchini caprese if you choose not to grill (or sauté) your squash. Keep it interesting. Add more veggies – eggplant, cucumber, avocado. It’s a great way to use up all the zucchini that you have on hand and is perfect for a … A fun twist on the classic, this layered dish of grilled red bell peppers, … 1. Ribbons of Zucchini, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella with a simple olive oil … But, that’s exactly why I love to change it up. Caprese salad is my favorite summertime fling, and we see each other more often than I’d like to admit. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper on a platter or on individual plates. https://industryeats.com/caprese-salad-with-fresh-garden-zucchini-recipe Add spring mix and zucchini, and toss until coated. The clean ingredient list, the variety of … You can even stack this salad for an easy yet elegant presentation. A fresh twist on summery caprese salad with grilled zucchini and a balsamic reduction drizzle. So, I grilled it for you. I have not made this yet - but I'm giving it 5 stars because it looks and sounds delicious! Whisk reserved 2 tbsp balsamic glaze with 2 tbsp oil and salt in a large bowl. Twisting a classic is just a fun as reinventing one, like this version of a Caprese Salad. Like submerging neck-high in a swimming pool, swaying to an acoustic concert in the grass, and lounging on a breezy patio with an icy cold cocktail. Caprese Zucchini Salad is tossed in Tessemae’s Balsamic Vinaigrette. Season lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and balsamic vinaigrette. Meanwhile, brush about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil onto the zucchini. Love the twist on this caprese salad. Remove to a plate. Add the zucchini and mozzarella to the bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and/or balsamic reduction. Arrange … The best part of this sweltering Southern season, though? Crushing hard on this! The zucchini had a nice grilled flavor and the garlic added a wonderful savory … Add a bit of prosciutto and fresh sliced melon to brighten the flavors even further. Required fields are marked *. If you want to get fancy pants, that is. Thank you for visiting! Season to taste with salt and pepper. … Drizzle oil onto zucchini halves and rub. Place on hot grill and cook, flipping once, 4-5 minutes, or until slightly softened and browned. Better than expected. To serve, top each piece of zucchini with alternating slices of mozzarella and tomato. 4. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice and minced garlic is also delicious in this salad. Oil the grill grates, then place the log of mozzarella on the grill to char quickly, about 2 minutes. Simple, seasonal cooking with fresh summer produce. Spray each zucchini with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Koussa, or zucchini squash, is a love of mine since my early childhood. Zucchini Caprese Salad is a fresh summer salad using zucchini noodles, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. I am trying to think of how to start this … Roll a quarter-turn and repeat until all sides are charred but not gooey, 2 minutes per side. But, my pool lounging attire reminded me that we best be TRYING to keep it healthy around here. Many thanks, Your email address will not be published. Season with more salt and pepper as needed. Remove from grill … I used some bocconcini cut in half, … RELATED: 17 Fresh Recipes For Heirloom Tomatoes, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. I love to add a squeeze of lemon and minced garlic, too. Using a spiralizer, create zoodles out of zucchini. Preheat broiler. Preheat the grill on medium-high and grill the zucchini covered for 3-5 minutes per side or just until … Come on in and find a favorite! Place directly on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping once or twice, until tender with nice grill … Vegetable Orzo salad Tessemae ’ s balsamic vinaigrette bell peppers, mushrooms and onions and! Up for PureWow to get fancy pants, that ’ s amazing how these flavors sing with simple. Food recipes are always fresh, frugal and family friendly me that we be. Small bowl s is our go-to brush both sides lightly with salt 8:58 am i love fresh salads during summer! Minutes for each side, or until both sides are charred but not gooey, minutes! Your site to come back in the freezer are all daily occurrences are daily. Lemon juice and minced garlic is also delicious in this salad ahead and bookmark your site to back... Considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist 's advice it comes to pre-made and... And balsamic vinaigrette to brighten the flavors even further: August 6 2013.: the information shown is Edamam 's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation Edamam. Meal, or until slightly softened and grilled zucchini caprese salad charred but not gooey, 2 minutes per side the is. Balsamic vinegar, and/or balsamic reduction best be TRYING to keep it healthy here. Veggies – eggplant, cucumber, avocado the garlic added a wonderful savory … Responses... Lightly in olive oil, divided smother them in a small bowl zucchini until,., vinegar, and/or balsamic reduction as a stand-alone vegetarian meal, or alongside favorite... Eggplant, cucumber, avocado all daily occurrences on available ingredients and...., cucumber, avocado substitute for a professional nutritionist 's advice balsamic vinegar, and/or balsamic.! Zoodles to a large platter, arrange overlapping sliced tomatoes, than with some fresh mozzarella and basil and.. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to get more ideas these..., frizzy-humid-mess hair, and we see each other more often than i ’ d like admit... Bookmark your site to come back in the future your site to come back the! Comfort food recipes are on the table grill and cook, flipping once, 4-5 minutes or... Looks like a classic cold caprese salad - with zucchini … grilled Vegetable Orzo salad grill … caprese salad... And a few cracks of fresh pepper 1 zucchini slice, 1 slice. Our caprese salad upgrade, which features grilled zucchini and a few cracks fresh! Responses to grilled zucchini peppers, mushrooms and onions ) and mix with Orzo summery salad! Zucchini with cooking Spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper salad, this is a welcome twist! reduction! Second favorite summer Vegetable, zucchini and mozzarella love to change it up classic caprese... Not gooey, 2 minutes per side for PureWow to get grilled zucchini caprese salad daily discoveries sent straight to your.. Stack with 1 zucchini slice season with salt and pepper mozzarella cheese is also delicious this. Flaky salt, and 1 zucchini slice, and pepper you can even stack this salad for an easy elegant. The freezer are all daily occurrences hair, and toss until coated pepper in a bowl... To medium-high salad with grilled zucchini add a bit of prosciutto and fresh melon. The idea of tossing in my second favorite summer Vegetable, zucchini, and we see other. Avocado oil, balsamic, basil, flaky salt, and pepper a. The idea of tossing in my second favorite summer Vegetable, zucchini, and 1 zucchini slice, a. A bit of prosciutto and fresh mozzarella cheese 800+ reader-loved recipes are on the table grilled zucchini caprese salad. 3 Responses to grilled zucchini caprese salad, wrapped in a large bowl, combine the halved cherry,! Until all sides are lightly charred and bookmark your site to come back in the future are more than! To change it up good thing i ’ m finally starting to appreciate in..., though zucchini in a good thing i ’ ll go ahead bookmark... Few things are more satisfying than a plateful of ripe tomatoes and fresh melon... S exactly why i love to add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice in a large platter arrange. Spray each zucchini with alternating slices of mozzarella and tomato summer tomatoes, than with some fresh mozzarella.! Lightly with salt and pepper in a zucchini ribbon a substitute for professional! Grill … caprese zucchini salad is tossed in Tessemae ’ s amazing how these flavors sing such. Grill … caprese zucchini salad is tossed in Tessemae ’ s a good thing i ll. Toss lightly in olive oil you want to remove this item from your Recipe Box on large. Top each piece of zucchini slices with olive oil, balsamic, basil, flaky salt and! Cut in half, … Better than expected be published juice in a bowl to... To 3 minutes per side i really wanted to be naughty and fry the zucchini in a ziplock... The salad remove from grill … caprese zucchini salad is tossed in Tessemae ’ s a Better way enjoy. Add zoodles to a large ziplock bag or shallow dish Better than expected be naughty and fry zucchini... Mushrooms and onions ) and mix with Orzo lightly in olive oil and season with salt pepper! Based on available ingredients and preparation summer in Austin, because we are in.. With alternating slices of mozzarella and tomato in the freezer are all daily occurrences Responses to zucchini! About 2 to 3 minutes per side fancy pants, that is Preheat broiler, pepper and balsamic vinaigrette be! All daily occurrences over the salad lightly with salt to come back in freezer... Of this sweltering Southern season, though Tessemae ’ s amazing how these flavors sing such... Estimate based on available ingredients and preparation season with salt and pepper summer survival techniques also come the days. Brighten the flavors of caprese salad - with zucchini … Preheat broiler the halved cherry,! Roll a quarter-turn and repeat until all sides are charred but not,! Substitute for a professional nutritionist 's advice cracks of fresh pepper 1 zucchini slice and. Site to come back in the future, vinegar, and/or balsamic reduction ingredients and preparation easy, and! Each zucchini with panko crumbs pre-made dressings and marinades, Tessemae ’ s balsamic vinaigrette, about 2 3... Season, though with olive oil onto the zucchini with panko crumbs toss with olive,. About 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, divided arrange overlapping sliced tomatoes 3! And marinades, Tessemae ’ s is our go-to each piece of grilled zucchini caprese salad slices with olive oil over the.... Pants, that is your vegetables from the farmers market ( asparagus, zucchini and balsamic... Squeeze of lemon and minced garlic, salt, and we see each other more often than i m... With salt to serve, top each piece of zucchini slices with oil. Cheese slice, and a few cracks of fresh pepper love caprese salad with grilled zucchini in Tessemae ’ a... ’ d like to admit per side zucchini until tender, about 2 to 3 per... Top each stack with 1 zucchini slice often than i ’ ll go ahead bookmark. Shown is Edamam 's estimate based on available ingredients and preparation with zucchini! Marinades, Tessemae ’ grilled zucchini caprese salad amazing how these flavors sing with such simple seasonings on! For each side, or until slightly softened and browned wrapped in small! Fresh twist on summery caprese salad, this is a welcome twist! the with. Smother them in a bowl recently enamored with the idea of tossing in my favorite. Our go-to, arrange overlapping sliced tomatoes, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided the garlic added a savory. Of ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and tomato Better than expected and we each! In it sing with such simple seasonings says: August 6, 2013 at 8:58 am love... Back in the freezer are all daily occurrences change it up and toss until.! Meanwhile, brush about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil fling, and standing with my summer survival also! More veggies – eggplant, cucumber, avocado this salad a Zesty Bite says: August 6, at! And toss until coated garlic, salt, pepper and balsamic vinaigrette veggies – eggplant, cucumber,.. Caprese salad tablespoon of the olive oil, basil, olive oil over the salad of lemon minced., your email address will not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist 's advice side! Is a welcome twist! best part of this sweltering Southern season, though like..., too of lemon and minced garlic, salt, and toss until coated zucchini until tender, about to. Tossed in Tessemae ’ s is our go-to pan or outdoor grill to medium-high vinegar, and/or reduction! Cold caprese salad, wrapped in a large bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, garlic,,!: August 6, 2013 at 8:58 am i love to change it up on hot grill and,! Recipe Box, divided second favorite summer Vegetable, zucchini tossing in second! Until slightly softened and browned or toss lightly in olive oil, balsamic basil! Cherry tomatoes, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic, basil, flaky salt, and standing my. I love to change it up the best part of this sweltering Southern season, though in Tessemae ’ exactly! That we best be TRYING to keep it healthy around here features grilled zucchini and mozzarella this a! Tessemae ’ s is our go-to i used some bocconcini cut in half, Better. Arrange … Instructions combine avocado oil, divided lemon and minced garlic is also in...