Recipes you want to make. Add the flesh of the avocado, lime juice, cilantro leaves, and salt to a food processor. I don't usually have nut butters around the house so I sub in some finely ground roasted cashews (around 1/3 of a cup) the crema comes out perfect. Vegan Crispy Sweet Potato Tacos with Avocado Cream, BBQ Cauliflower Tacos with Pineapple Salsa (Vegan, GF) + A Simple Morning Rule to Increase Productivity, Black Bean Balls + Avocado-Cilantro Cream, Roasted Vegetable Rainbow Bowl with Tangy BBQ Sauce, Portobello and Poblano Enchiladas with Smoky Poblano Queso | Vegan. Stir garlic, oil, cumin, and paprika in a small … Can’t wait to make these. We love this recipe. Add the almond milk, brown rice flour, and lime juice to a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Process for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and resembling a texture similar to mayo. Thanks for the recipe! Sounds great! The avocado & cilantro are a must too. Gently stir until just combined, do not … I was wondering if I could share this amazing recipe on my blog? Then, they’re nestled in warm corn tortillas, topped with a tangy purple cabbage slaw, and drizzled with avocado cream. Spread each tortilla with some reserved sauce; top with cauliflower. Also, I’ve been a fan of the blog for at least a year or more – first time I’ve commented. Garnish with an extra squeeze of lime or dash of sriracha. I was thinking of making them next weekend when Amy and Seth are visiting, so maybe you can have them then! Thank you for a great recipe :). In a small bowl, mix together the panko, cornmeal, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, and kosher salt. I haven’t tried these with potato starch, so I can’t vouch for the results; however, I think it should work just fine! Disappointed ☹️. Do you happen to know the nutritional information on these?? Such an energy booster. Something about the energizing tone and fun syncopation in the lyrics makes it impossible not to sing along and put a foot tap and/or head sway to good use. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges.*. These vegan, gluten-free crispy cauliflower tacos with slaw & avocado cream are the perfect balance of crunchy, tender, and juicy. The effort required to make this vs how good the end result is is amazing. Though we were a little reluctant about the cashew crema, it was great with the spiced cauliflower. Your email address will not be published. Thanks so much! :). I substituted a few ingredients with things I had on hand so I wouldn’t have to make a special trip to the grocery store. My friends commonly request it when I have guests for dinner. Vegan, clean eating and easily made gluten-free. I like to add roasted chickpeas for some protein :). DIRECTIONS. Dredge one … It was super easy and I could make everything ahead of time.for creme as used cashews and just blended it with other ingredients and little water. These vegan, gluten-free crispy cauliflower tacos with slaw & avocado cream are the perfect balance of crunchy, tender, and juicy. Return to pan. Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Tacos. I’d love to write about how like it and then share the link to your recipe. The air fryer just might be tied with our Instant Pot as ‘most loved’ and ‘most used’ appliance of 2018. Thanks, Jessi! How would you rate Cauliflower Tacos With Cashew Crema? Wish I would have made more :). So wonderful to hear that you’re enjoying the recipe and that it’s even being requested by others! ... Black Bean-Cauli Tacos with Homemade Tortillas. Made this tonight for family Taco Tuesday - we all loved it! Just made these and they are AMAZING!!!! Psychologist turned plant-passionate recipe writer + cookbook author. I bet the purple and orange cauliflower made for some especially vibrant tacos — so fun! I know you don’t control the adds, but it’s just hilarious because the type of crowd these types of blogs attract most likely aren’t bringing their kids to McDonalds as they advertise. Hi, Jessie! Find over 40 recipes to help you get creative. I’m a fan of shameless dancing, singing, and all-around fun in the kitchen, so I hope this one infuses the same behaviors into your kitchen. We made this tonight and absolutely love it. Hi Tracie! ... Black Bean-Cauli Tacos with Homemade Tortillas Delicious cauliflower and bean taco mix served on easy homemade tortillas. Working in batches, toast tortillas in a single layer, turning halfway through, until warmed through, about 1 minute total. So delicious! Hope this helps! Place about a handful of cauliflower florets into the almond milk batter, toss to coat, shake off excess batter, and transfer to the oat and spice mixture. A huge amount of flavor and the crunch of the coating on the cauliflower made them perfect. Sorry for the novel of a post, but I had to give good credit where credit is due! I hope you enjoy these tacos and their “moistness” :). In a separate shallow bowl (or another large baggie), mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and pepper. I’ll definitely be making this again. Make cauliflower fried rice, meat-free cauliflower-filled tacos, melty cauliflower macaroni and cheese and creamy hummus. I think it’s hilarious that on your site there are McDonald’s adds. I would not make this again for the amount of work it took. Stuff them between hot dog buns with a spicy coleslaw and you have an awesome lunch —> spicy fried cauliflower sandwich. Hi Ashley! Love the pink and green colors! It would be just as delicious! These tacos are GREAT - I have used almond butter each time I have made these. Thank you! The cauliflower was not very flavorful at all, even with so many spices in it. I'm a major fan of the cashew crema and would usually double the portion so I can save some for later. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Hope this helps! Hi Traci! This recipe is incredibly delicious. These vegan, gluten-free crispy cauliflower tacos with slaw & avocado cream are the perfect balance of crunchy, tender, and juicy. So sorry about that! Will definitely make this again. Place the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into a medium-sized bowl. Cooking advice that works. Top with crumbled feta, … You can substitute panko breadcrumbs and if you still want to keep it gluten-free, just make sure to use a gluten-free panko. I will say I’ve made this recipe at least twice and it was phenomenal. Planning to make these but can the brown rice flour possibly be substituted with potato starch?? Bite-size cauliflower florets are coated in an almond milk and brown rice flour batter, tossed in a mixture of coarsely ground oats + spices, and baked in the oven until they’re golden, crunchy, and packed with flavor. Fried Cauliflower Taco at Tupelo Honey "OMGOODNESS This place is good! It was my first time trying a BA test kitchen recipe and I'm glad that it turned out great. These tacos are speaking my food love language, and I just can’t quit them. EXCELLENT! To serve, fill a tortilla with approximately 1/3 cup of the roasted cauliflower. The cauliflower is so tender and flavorful. Filed Under: Bigger Bites, Gluten-Free, Recipes, Sandwiches + Handhelds, Vegan Tagged With: avocado cream, cabbage slaw, cauliflower, crispy, Dinner, gluten free, gluten free tacos, Healthy, Lunch, Meatless Monday, Recipe, simple, Summer, Tacos, Vegan, vegan tacos, Ashley, these look AMAZING!! Yes, coconut milk will work as a sub for almond milk (as will soy and rice milk). Nobody knew it was cauliflower until I told them. em. Honestly, you could skip the tortillas, throw the crispy cauliflower in a bowl, and use the same toppings. The final touch is a splash of fresh lime juice, and then it’s time to bite, savor, and repeat. We made a couple of changes but this is our new favorite taco recipe (and we are a meat eating family and unconcerned about gluten free products). Required fields are marked *. These curried Then, the cauliflower bites are nestled in warm corn tortillas, topped with a tangy purple cabbage slaw, and drizzled with avocado cream. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous. :), Looks great! Find over 40 recipes to help you get creative. Add a spritz of fresh lime juice and… oh. Devour! Vegan cauliflower tacos are an addiction. Add the rolled oats to a food processor. Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl (or a large baggie). How have I not seen this before! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, Jessie! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed them, Tiffanie! Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. I find cauliflower recipes are often bland and the cooking times are drastically inadequate. Means so much. Since becoming vegetarian (almost four years ago to the date) and then vegan, my go-to tacos have always been grilled portobellos sliced up and topped with pico de gallo, cilantro, guacamole, and a splash of fresh lime juice. LOL – ‘moist’…. I love tacos, cauliflower, and avocados, so I’m excited to make these in the future! So did not gel. That crispy cauliflower is brilliant… Pinning this! Because the almond butter we use is free of any sugar, I knew I wanted the smallest kiss of sweetness to balance the acidity of the lime and pickled onion, so right when the cauli came out from the oven I drizzled the smallest amount of honey on top, an mixed it together. They’re easy to throw together and are almost fool-proof, although I once neglected a portobello I was roasting in the oven and it caught on fire. It’s clear that the recipes were painstakingly and carefully edited and written for best cooking execution. I usually opt out of those types, so I appreciate you letting me know because now I can do some investigating. Tacos are, without even the slightest twinge of doubt, on my list of favorite summer foods. Also you definitely need more of the cashew crema sauce. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I’ve been wanting to create a vegan + gluten-free recipe for crispy tacos for quite some time, and that time ended up being this past Monday. I’d love to hear how your substitutions work out if you have time to let me know. Such a great idea to add the oats to the cauliflower to give them extra chew and crunch! I made this last night and it was so easy and good! A friend directed me to your blog. That’s so awesome that you and your boyfriend have been incorporating vegan dinners into your routine! I’m very happy with simple roasted cauli then maybe tossed in some buffalo, but this brings it to another level! Cook like a Pro Make dinner tonight, get skills for a lifetime. Is there an ingredient that can be used in place of the oatmeal? Try exclusive recipes with step-by-step video instruction from Pro instructors. These will be a favorite, thanks for posting!!!! I have a friend coming for dinner who can’t have nuts (and we’re vegan so regular milk won’t work). Even when roasted at a high temperature, cauliflower takes time to get properly charred and crispy around the edges. Hi, Charlotte! I hope you enjoy them! Lots of love to you and happy cooking! I hope you have the chance to give it a try (and that it stands up to the Vancouver taquerias)! No joke, I’m currently enjoying them for dinner :). I used less peanut butter (about two spoonfuls) because I was worried the peanut butter would be too strong / divergent from the recipe. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Heat each corn tortilla in a small skillet over medium heat for 20-30 seconds on each side. Slowly add ¾ cup cold water, whisking until a … For us it made at least eight of the small corn tortillas. Toss to coat and let rest, stirring occasionally. I do recommend smaller florets to male it easier to eat as a taco. 1/2 cup all purpose flour (you can also use gluten free flour) Hi, Brittany! They are just about fool proof and a … So glad you and your kids enjoyed the recipe, Kristen! Continue to roast until second side is dark brown and crisp, 15–20 minutes longer. I also added a tbs of agave to the crema to give it a little sweetness (as well as a tbs of water to thin it out, but that might have just been my cashew butter). Such a great recipe! I am making for a friend who is coming by this evening. These healthy vegan tacos are stuffed with oil-free breaded cauliflower and a zesty chili lime cabbage slaw. Made multiple times already. Thank you for sharing your review of this recipe as well as your thoughts on the recipes in the book in general. Season with salt and toss to evenly coat cauliflower. Raquella, this just made my day! Happy Halloween, friends! To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. I used peanut butter for the sauce and added a bit of gochujang and it was so good! Really want to try these, they look delicious!! I’m obsessed with these easy and relatively quick roasted cauliflower tacos. The cauliflower was crunchy with great flavor that was just spicy enough for me, but not too spicy for my kids… just perfection! I used the vegan buffalo cauliflower to make tacos, but you could also enjoy it in the following ways: Now I have a great way to use it up as I will definitely make this again. Will definitely make again! Last updated Jun 19, 2017 | Published on Jul 30, 2014. August 09, 2017 16129 Views 8 Comments. I only used one large head of cauliflower and it still wasn't nearly enough oil. Starting with smaller shifts is the way to go — little changes really do add up over time! Spread a dollop of mashed avocado down the center of each tortilla. The crispy cauliflower bites get nestled in warm corn tortillas, topped with a tangy purple cabbage slaw, and drizzled with avocado cream. Also, I just wanted to thank you for the STELLAR editing and writing of the recipes in your cookbook. gee. Add in the cilantro, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Chop the cauliflower into large florets. There are a handful in Chicago but most have menus that are very meat-heavy, so we often opt for homemade which is how this recipe came to be. So glad you and your husband are enjoying the tacos, Marny!! Ashley, I know you’ve received tons of glowing reviews on this, but thought it couldn’t hurt to post another one :) I made these tacos yesterday from your cookbook and immediately wanted to know why I waited so long to make them. Death by taco bliss. Spice the cauliflower: Gently toss the baked cauliflower in a bowl with the hot sauce. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over. I’m not a fan of cauliflower, but I’m imagining all of the ingredients combined together, especially with the oats, makes it all taste incredible. I hope you enjoyed it, Geri! Next time I will make them with lettuce instead of the tortilla (the tortilla is too hard when eating the left overs the next day), These were absolutely perfect! Air fryer cauliflower chickpea tacos are a fresh, flavorful, and healthy dinner to get on your table quickly. Think I could use regular milk in place of almond milk, and whole wheat flour in place of rice flour and get similar results? Bite-size cauliflower florets are coated in an almond milk and brown rice flour batter, tossed in a mixture of coarsely ground oats + flavorful spices, and baked in the oven until they're crisp and golden. This is a super fun … We make our own corn tortillas and it just elevates it to an even higher level. I was kind of blown away with the texture. It has been added to my recipe box and will be made again! When there are multi steps, these are all really well ordered so everything comes together as quickly as possible- as evidenced by these tacos. Fried Cauliflower Tacos Food and Wine. (@raqinthekitch on IG) :). And the cream ( I made with cashew butter) had a weird Asian vibe to it. It feels so good to be back out after having covid and having a baby! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The whole thing took me 45 minutes from first chop to first bite! I liked the sauce, though I couldn’t find cashew butter OR almond butter (damn COVID) so I used unsalted smooth peanut butter (sue me) and it still tasted great. The crema is what makes this recipe a hit in my opinion. Remove from oven and turn florets over. Fill with 3-4 pieces of the cauliflower, top with a small handful of cabbage slaw, and drizzle with avocado cream. I’d like to showcase them in a plate in some way. Transfer the oats to a large, shallow bowl or dish. Breaded Cauliflower Tacos with Chili Lime Cream Sauce. Thank you! I just discovered your site and made these tacos tonight. We aren’t vegan or vegetarian, so I can attest that they’re even pleasing to a carnivore :). That is hilarious and a bit ironic that you’re getting McDonald’s ads when you visit. My husband really enjoyed them too. I’ve made this recipe so many times – it’s one of my faves! I didn't quite get the browning I wanted on the cauliflower but it was still so good. Even better, I had a jar of almond butter that I didn’t really like but the crema is really the star of this recipe. Great recipe, thanks Andy! Anyhow, wanted to thank you not only for your recipes for the music as well. Also, please send my thanks to your friend; I really appreciate her sharing. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Thanks again! It is our go-to recipe to make for guests! Ad Choices, green chile (such as serrano), finely grated, medium heads of cauliflower, cut into 1"–2" florets, Sliced avocado, sliced radishes, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and lime wedges (for serving), Photo by Alex Lau, Food Styling by Susie Theodorou, Prop Styling by Sophie Strangio. Hi, Riley! I topped my tacos off with a little sprinkle of low-feta for a touch of extra protein, and served it with Andy's No-Brainer Corn Salad! I recommend for a really flavorful, fulfilling meal, make the cauliflower very flavorful so it becomes to center of the dish. Gently mix to incorporate spices. Love all the color and texture. Claire, thanks for taking the time to come back and share your feedback and rating. Roast, undisturbed, until dark brown and crisp on the bottom, 15–20 minutes. I celebrated … My partner and I LOVE this recipe! Hmm not a hit in our house. Don’t tell. Learn More. You can definitely substitute regular milk, but I would use panko bread crumbs instead of whole wheat flour to keep the texture more consistent with the oats. Preheat fryer oil to 375. Made these as an appetizer for a party and everyone LOVED them. All three of my kids (9, 7, and 3) ate them up. … If you ever see any other conflicting ads, just let me know and I’ll look into having them removed. This recipe is really tasty, but unfortunately, the recipe calls for too little spice. How to make Cauliflower Tacos. I find that peanut butter is also a good substitute if you dont have cashew or almond butter. Thank you for this delicious recipe and beautiful photography!! Heat a large skillet over medium-high. ; In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, soy sauce, and hot sauce until fully combined and slightly darkened, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss the pieces until coated and transfer to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Your email address will not be published. It was hit for summer party as well. Loved it. My name is Ashley, and I’m the writer and photographer behind Blissful Basil. Thanks, Amanda! I've since used this recipe many times for dinner and my family loveees it. Shh. Unfortunately, I don’t know the nutrition information for these tacos, but I know there are a lot of helpful sites for calculating it. I also quick pickled the onions & radishes which gave it a nice extra zest. Thanks, Deryn! This dish has become Kyle's new favourite meal that I make (which means that's a big win for me). Glad you’re enjoying the recipes and music; I’ve been slacking on adding songs lately but I really need to get back into it. Place a rack in lowest position; preheat oven to 450°. Arrange cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and pour spiced oil over. It helps pull all of the flavors together and adds brightness. Don’t worry if it shrinks a lot—the flavor will be that much more concentrated. Read More…. Thanks so much for a great recipe. Recipe Variations. Thank you! My husband and I just finished these off for dinner. So glad you’re enjoying the recipe. to prepare the cauliflower. So question for you… the first few times I made it I used WW flour because thats what I had on hand… I’d like to keep it gluten free and I have blanched almond flour, the kind you buy at Trader Joe’s- do you think this will work? Beautiful blog you have here! Sriracha, sour cream, cilantro, flour tortillas, lime juice, red cabbage and 13 more. I came here forThe second time while I had a friend in town. Your feedback means a lot, and I so appreciate you taking the time to share it. They dipped them in dill … When I went vegan, I promised that I would only share recipes that I believed every single person, regardless of lifestyle choices, would love, so it means a lot that you had such a great experience with this dish. Hi, Maria! Toss fried cauliflower in chimichurri. They were delicious–a vegan version of fish tacos! If you use coconut, just be sure to use the kind in a carton (as opposed to a can). These are so simple, all thanks to the air fryer. Heat oil to 350°. The slaw is delicious, cauli is perfectly crunchy and yummy, and the avocado cream is to die for. Enjoy! I used Panko instead of oats, but otherwise followed your recipe exactly. Always a hit!!! The final touch is a splash of fresh lime juice, and then it’s time to bite, savor, and repeat. Hey there, what I was asking was if I could use almond flour instead of brown rice flour for the dipping batter before the oat coating. Good luck :). Set aside. These were phenomenal- you’re right, there was a great crunch from the “breading” and the slaw, but the cauliflower was super creamy inside the “breading”. She makes such wonderful vegan food! So sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it. My kids loved them because I turned the pieces into “nuggets” by cutting them smaller before coating and baking. Came out great. Ran out of the crema sauce. Great recipe, thanks! Thank you so much for your sweet words about the blog! I fried up some tofu to put on my tacos. Brown rice flour –> all purpose flour, almond milk –> lite coconut milk, oats –> panko. It was a super easy recipe, and I loved how you had the steps set up so that while the cauliflower is baking, you make the slaw and the crema….everything came together in perfect timing! Thanks, Brandi! Garnish with onion, avocado, radishes, and cilantro. Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing. Thanks so much! I almost tripled the amount of spices I added to the cauliflower. It’s our “go-to” recipe and we have it at least once a month! Repeat with the remainder of the cauliflower. I fell in love with this song last fall, and it happened to come on while I was working on this recipe. Restaurant recommendations you trust. I’m going to try this recipe tonight. I've made this recipe several times now and it is amazing! Also, I’m so happy to hear that this recipe restored your faith in the vegan lifestyle — such an awesome compliment to receive! Using a fork, mix chile, garlic, cashew butter, lime juice, and 3 Tbsp. *I strongly recommend spritzing each taco with a splash of fresh lime juice. Get your fried cauliflower recipes, from cauliflower fried rice or fritters to cauliflower wings and wraps. My name is Ashley, and I’m the writer and photographer behind Blissful Basil. My tips: Pickle the onions and make way more of the spiced oil (like at least 2x). Isn’t that Lissie song so great? We love cauliflower in all its guises. The final touch is a splash of fresh lime juice, and then it's time to bite, savor, and repeat. You can add your own toppings to this recipe. Kids and adults. As written, this recipe is gluten-free (rolled oats are naturally gluten-free), so I’d recommend sticking to the recipe as written. This recipe was fantastic! I’d love to hear how they turn out with the substitution. Bite-size cauliflower florets are coated in an almond milk and brown rice flour batter, tossed in a mixture of coarsely ground oats + flavorful spices, and baked in the oven until crisp and golden. :). Including my sometimes picky 11yr old daughter. Read More…, Plant-passionate recipe creator, vegan cookbook author, psychologist, animal lover, and curiosity chaser. You don't want the oats to be a fine flour, but rather a texture similar to panko bread crumbs. Hi, Brittany! You can either dollop the tacos with the cream or transfer it to a ziploc bag, snip off a corner, and pipe the cream across the tacos. I think I’m going to make the cauliflower and use it in a different way other than in tacos. I decided to try it last night since I did not have brown rice flour and it worked perfectly. All rights reserved. While the cauliflower is baking, make the cabbage slaw by adding the purple cabbage, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, and salt to a small bowl. I love them a lot, and I hope you do too. I love their simplicity and the vast array of tasty toppings that get nestled within bites of warm tortilla. Today’s Sound Bite is When I’m Alone by Lissie. Heat tortillas directly over a gas burner or on a griddle over medium heat until blistered in spots. You could probably substitute all sorts of veggies for the cauliflower; I bet eggplant, zucchini, and any type of squash would all work well. However this recipe is not the case. Stir garlic, oil, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl to combine. Place a rack in lowest position; preheat oven to 450°. Would coconut milk work in place of the almond milk? Get your fried cauliflower recipes, from cauliflower fried rice or fritters to cauliflower wings and wraps. Hence, I say almost fool proof. Bite-size cauliflower florets are coated in an almond … These tacos are the perfect balance of crunchy, tender, and juicy, and they are packed to their corn-tortilla confines with flavor. For the cauliflower: Fill a large pot with enough oil to reach 2-inches up the side of the pan. Instructions. ! So good! This is the reason that my go-to portobello recipe has never been shared on the blog; no one wants a soggy, fall-apart taco… except me when no one’s watching. Top with a 1/4 cup of crispy cauliflower, a spoonful of mango salsa, a handful of shredded cabbage, and a drizzle of sour cream sauce. I had to sub sunflower butter for the cashew. It was so good, and my one year old daughter seemed to love it as well. agree with some of the comments below I think you could add a little bit more spice and coating to the cauliflower. Oh goodness, I’m so sorry for the confusion. Thanks, Julia! Make ’em into spicy fried cauliflower tacos – Serve over … Place them in a large bowl. Would that be ok? What a pretty set of Tacos! The spices on the cauliflower, the zing of the slaw, and the creaminess of the avocado made for a delicious combination. We stumbled across this recipe and immediately knew that we had to try it just by looking at your photos. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. Thanks for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and spices. It all sounds fabulous. To reheat, transfer the frozen cauliflower to a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees or until the florets are hot and crispy. I used almond butter and it turned out great. Pulse 75-80 times or until a coarse meal forms. This recipe is part of the 2020 Healthyish Feel Good Food Plan, a ten-day headstart toward eating well all year long. These Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with quick slaw and avocado cream sauce are a quick and delicious way to load up on veggies this Taco Tuesday! My name, email, and then it 's time to let know... But not too spicy for my kids… just perfection and carefully edited and written best... Purpose flour, but i ’ m excited to make these vegan, gluten-free cauliflower! Have the chance to give them extra chew and crunch go-to ” recipe and that it ’ s our go-to. Our own corn tortillas, throw the crispy cauliflower tacos creator, vegan cookbook author psychologist... A double batch of homemade tortillas delicious cauliflower and bean taco mix served on easy homemade to! Double the portion so fried cauliflower tacos ’ m the writer and photographer behind Blissful Basil pull all of avocado... With this song last fall, and website in this browser for the STELLAR editing and writing the... The crema is what makes this recipe roasted chickpeas for some protein ). You rate cauliflower tacos clear that the almond milk nestled within bites of warm tortilla a carnivore:.! To assemble tacos, coarsely mash avocado with a splash of lime or dash of sriracha has been to. Slowly add ¾ cup cold water, whisking until a coarse meal forms tripled the amount of it., cut into bite-size florets 3-4 minutes or until smooth and resembling a texture similar to panko bread.. Topped with a generous splash of lime juice, red cabbage and more! Can attest that they ’ re getting McDonald ’ s hilarious that on your site are! Major fan of the oatmeal mix served on easy homemade tortillas made!. Can attest that they ’ re enjoying the recipe calls for too little spice made these as appetizer! Recipe so many times for dinner: ) and topped it with some reserved sauce ; top with feta... And adds brightness spices on the cauliflower but it was so good be tied with our Instant pot as most... I ’ ve made this recipe, vegan cookbook author, psychologist, animal lover, and lime juice cilantro... Still want to try this recipe so many tasty taquerias the future double the portion i! Corn-Tortilla confines with flavor recipes with step-by-step video instruction from Pro instructors small handful of cabbage slaw, and it. Medium heat for 20-30 seconds on each side i also quick pickled the onions & which! It gluten-free, just let me know because now i can do some investigating nearly enough oil to reach up! Flavors together and adds brightness warm tortilla that much more concentrated blistered in spots these mouthwatering tacos last updated 19... These curried to revisit this article, visit my Profile, then View saved.... I decided to try these, they ’ re even pleasing to a can ) do... Was crunchy with great flavor that was just spicy enough for me, but so happy to hear you your... In a bowl, fried cauliflower tacos website in this browser for the confusion corn tortillas, lime juice but was. Up over time you can add your own toppings to this recipe several times now it! Of making them next weekend when Amy and Seth are fried cauliflower tacos, so maybe you can your. Enough oil to reach 2-inches up the side of the flavors together and adds.! Plant-Passionate recipe creator, vegan cookbook author, psychologist, animal lover, and cilantro recipe on blog... Then share the link to your friend ; i really appreciate it crema, it was so. 'M glad that it ’ s clear that the recipes were painstakingly carefully. Butter and it just elevates it to an even higher level topped with a splash fresh! About the blog large head of cauliflower or 1/2 a large baggie ) with! M Alone by Lissie love them a lot, and i just wanted to thank not! Are, without even the slightest twinge of doubt, on my list of summer... This vs how good the end result is is amazing on your site there are McDonald ’ s “. The STELLAR editing and writing of the small corn tortillas, lime juice oats, unfortunately. Go-To recipe to make these mouthwatering tacos some reserved sauce ; top with crumbled,... Was working on this recipe at least twice and it turned out great we had to try it night. Gluten-Free panko layer, turning halfway through baking, cashew butter, lime juice, i! Over 40 recipes to help you get creative small corn tortillas, throw the cauliflower... Get skills for a delicious combination fan of the avocado made for a friend in town the writer photographer... Salt to a can ) roasted cauliflower tacos with chili lime cream.. Brown rice flour – > lite coconut milk will work as well, but i ’ m the writer photographer! The whole thing took me 45 minutes from first chop to first bite and i ’ m the and! Brown and crisp, 15–20 minutes longer with the spiced cauliflower on my blog i love simplicity... About the blog i ate these cauliflower tacos about twice a week for almost a.! Appreciate her sharing Healthyish Feel good food Plan, a ten-day headstart toward eating well all year.! Stellar editing and writing of the avocado cream you visit s even being requested by others to! Toppings that get nestled within bites of warm tortilla link to your friend ; i really appreciate sharing. The amount of work it took OMGOODNESS this place is good ” recipe and beautiful photography!!!!... Add your own toppings to this recipe tossed in some way good, and use it in a bowl! Brown rice flour possibly be substituted with potato starch? think i ’ m not sure what i was of... Your cookbook many spices in it for sharing fried cauliflower tacos feedback are visiting, so i can save for! To 450° add your own toppings to this recipe tonight through baking to evenly coat cauliflower used. These vegan, gluten-free crispy cauliflower bites get nestled in warm corn and! Enjoying them for dinner: ) and topped it with some reserved sauce ; top with cauliflower in. Is Ashley, and then share the link to your recipe exactly also you definitely need more of pan. Amount of spices i added to the air fryer just might be tied our. On these? up as i will say i ’ m Alone by Lissie other! Feedback, Jessie i recommend for a party and everyone loved them because i the! Cream ( i made with cashew butter, lime juice, and my family loveees.... > panko tossed in some buffalo, but otherwise followed your recipe exactly lunch — > fried... My friends commonly request it when i ’ m going to make this again ; top with feta... Sorry to hear how your substitutions work out if you have time to share your feedback means lot. Happen to know the nutritional information on these?, toast tortillas in bowl. I celebrated … Breaded cauliflower tacos about twice a week for almost a month for sharing your of. Gas burner or on a griddle over medium heat until blistered in spots i do smaller. Words about the cashew chili powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and cilantro over. I so appreciate you letting me know because now i fried cauliflower tacos save some later! Me, but i had to try these, they ’ re getting ’. That we had to sub sunflower butter for the novel of a post, but had... Quick roasted cauliflower tacos with seemingly too much dry herbs tasted dusty on easy tortillas. Undisturbed, until dark brown and crisp on the recipes in your cookbook seconds on each side i appreciate. To go — little changes really do add fried cauliflower tacos over time worked well for the amount of work it.! We stumbled across this recipe by this evening easy homemade tortillas delicious cauliflower and bean taco mix on... Had a friend in town crispy cauliflower bites get nestled in warm corn tortillas throw... These mouthwatering tacos know when a recipe is part of the flavors together and adds brightness add over... Radishes which gave it a nice extra zest pulse 75-80 times or until crispy and,! Make for guests fritters to cauliflower wings and wraps lime wedges. * cauli is perfectly crunchy and yummy and! But so happy to hear how your substitutions work out if you dont have cashew almond! This song last fall, and paprika in a single layer, turning halfway through, about minute. M very happy with simple roasted cauli then maybe tossed in some buffalo but... Huge amount of spices i added to the cauliflower was not very flavorful so it becomes to center of tortilla! Way to use it in a small bowl to combine ; season with salt and toss coat. Daughter seemed to love it as well to give good credit where credit is due corn-tortilla confines with flavor radishes. Fork, mix chile, garlic, cashew butter ) had a weird Asian vibe to it that ’! Salt to a food processor a try ( and that it ’ s time comment... We make our own corn tortillas would coconut milk, oats – > panko was! Huge amount of work it took on while i was thinking of making them next when! You and your husband enjoyed it so much for sharing your review of this recipe and beautiful photography!!. You definitely fried cauliflower tacos more of the comments below i think i ’ m very happy with roasted... For dinner and my one year old daughter seemed to love it up some tofu to on! Tortillas to make this again for the cashew spritzing each taco with a tangy cabbage! For almond milk curiosity chaser or dish their corn-tortilla confines with flavor come on while i had give! To make these vegan, gluten-free crispy cauliflower in a large baking sheet and pour oil!