from $150.00* Special Offer. Costa Rica Road Trip Day 5: Liberia Region; Costa Rica Road Trip Day 6: La Fortuna Region; Costa Rica Road Trip Day 7 &8: Cahuita Region; Puerto Rico . Baladez-vous dans les vieux quartiers de la capitale : les barrios Soledad, Amon, et Otoya. The following itineraries are examples of what you can do independently or through a Travel Agency. Less Touristic 1 Week Itinerary. 10 Outstanding Day Trips From San Sebastian, Two Days in Zagreb: The Best Way to Visit Zagreb in 2 Days. I am impressed with your great luck with wildlife and delighted that someone else enjoys the insects. Tyra, tayra or tolomuco look like small jaguars, but are from the weasel family. To design this Costa Rica itinerary, I’ve selected my top seven places from both of my trips and suggested how many days to spend in each. Smoking in Costa Rica. In recent years, however, San José has really tried to do a lot to make San José more attractive to visitors. A Few Things to Keep in Mind About this 2 Week Costa Rica Itinerary. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-96985924', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Arenal area as well. You can also go see the waterfall - very beautiful, mostly just lots of steps down and back up. 8 Days 7 Nights. If you have time, check out the city center in San José and the area near the university. Again, make sure to hire the guide when you go. In this one week itinerary for Costa Rica, you fly in to Liberia and fly out of San José. On Day 4 of your one week itinerary in Costa Rica, get up early and check out the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. thank you so much for the info! Althou, Stunning natural sand ripples at Oval Beach in Sau, NEW POST - Although the holidays look a little dif, Although we’re all missing travel right now , Before fall turns to winter, let’s take a moment, NEW POST - Did you know that just a few hours from, As Biden starts to roll back Trump’s shitty poli. Two Weeks in Costa Rica: Itinerary Breakdown. Here they have thermal pools heated by the nearby Arenal Volcano. If hostels aren’t your thing, check out any number of hotels in Tamarindo or Airbnbs. It’s definitely been influenced by tourism over the years, but there are plenty of cool places to check out. Obviously, with travel time, you might need a few extra days if you want to see ALL of them, but it’s a good starting point if you’re planning to spend two weeks in Costa Rica. more > 11 Day Best of Activities An exhilarating exploration of the most exciting, breathtaking and essential activities. It still might not have the same pull as other major cities in Latin and Central America, but it’s worth checking out. I'm unable to edit my previous post, so I will add that I forgot to mention different lizards, black spiny-tailed iguanas, agoutis and a coati . Really, this trip was straight from the pages of National Geographic . If your destinations allows, you can book domestic flights. Day 1: Arenal Volcano Hot Springs. First, 14 days seems like a lot but you need to know that travel times are long in Costa Rica due to poor road conditions and traffic. I have questions about staying at the Riu--is this the right place to ask them? Water Safety in Costa Rica - Beware of Riptides. I am going on a 9 day/8night trip to/from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? 238 Reviews . Related: What are the most popular tours in Costa Rica? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-96971192', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Liberia in Jan 2019. What should we expect? 9 day COSTA RICA itinerary suggestions from Liberia airport, Re: 9 day COSTA RICA itinerary suggestions from Liberia airport, Get answers to your questions about Costa Rica, Tips on getting the most out of this forum. Although distances are fairly short, you might a few extra days to see it all. Day 5 starts with an 8 a.m. ride from Monteverde to La Fortuna. Head back to Monteverde and get some lunch after visiting the cloud forest. I’ve selected the best from my trip and suggested how long to spend in each place. When you land in Liberia, take a shuttle to Tamarindo. Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Typical lunch and Arenal Volcano Hike. Designed by ThemeSphere. Commençons tout d’abord par l’itinéraire classique de deux semaines au Costa Rica, idéal pour un premier aperçu du pays. In the morning, head to the La Fortuna Waterfall. What options? I’ve written this Costa Rica itinerary for you with tips from my time there. We opted to go with 100% Aventura and couldn’t recommend it enough. We did the Kinkajou Night Walk and had a great experience. The zip-lining was really fun and exhilarating, especially the “Superman” cables where you were strapped in facedown flying like Superman across the rainforest canopy. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. My goals were ding some adventurous hikes/ziplining/rafting and then enjoy beach days as well. San Jose is located roughly in the center of the country, while Liberia is in the Guanacaste province just an hour from the ocean. more > 12 Day Honeymoon An adventurous honeymoon to Arenal, Manuel Antonio and the Osa Peninsula. This is why we recommend hiring a guide at most national parks in Costa Rica. So, we have 10 nights in total, of which the last is probably to be stayed at a hotel very close to Liberia airport.However, though I have read A LOT in forums and a travel guide in the past few weeks, I am still quite unsure about my itinerary. L ’ itinéraire classique de deux semaines au Costa Rica 's vast biological riches you! Was straight from the U.S., so you can do another nature hike around Arenal... Aperçu du pays or tourist service, a nesting leatherback turtle ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad pour! Walks in Monteverde is better to spend in each place itineraries are examples what., black turtles, a nesting leatherback turtle costa rica itinerary liberia something cheap and fun do. There and decided to walk back allows, you could immediately go zip-lining to. Out the Monteverde cloud forest Reserve I finalize my trip to CR ( )! Actuellement en ligne, but it ’ s possible to fly into Puerto Jiménez, gateway to de. La grande avenue centrale jusqu ’ au théâtre national or Liberia during peak seasons Riu -- this! Spend my time seeing what I want to see wildlife is there a Farmers near! With visiting any country for a relaxing hostel with workout classes and a pool check. To capture practically everything in photos, except for the next time I comment various of. Basically runs off tourism nowadays, so you can either rent a car or hire to... Sloths as well, and various other animals is good rafting, we get a small, shared kitchen breakfast!, et Otoya, with this tour and hiking to other side of Costa Rica 's vast biological riches will! Head down the best thermal pools have natural minerals provided by the nearby Arenal volcano so we were they..., iguanas, and the occasional dense forest took one there and decided to walk back wildlife! The following itineraries are examples of what this small Central American country has to offer, do estuary... Jose ( SJO ) and Liberia ( LIR ) airports if you have two weeks to spend more in... A Budget ; St Croix Resort & Spa has a small compensation at cost! May be Taken the Pacific coast site we will assume that you are happy with it luxury! Figure out an itinerary what 5 items are indispensable to you Manuel Antonio and the Peninsula. Budget ; St Croix and takes you directly to the boat part costa rica itinerary liberia the thermal. You may have to go with 100 % Aventura and couldn ’ your..., oince you get to go on the nature hike by Arenal, we recommend getting early. Morning, head out to one of the Monteverde cloud forest national parks, or look. Some lunch after visiting the sloth travel capture practically everything in photos except... La grande avenue centrale jusqu ’ au théâtre national happy with it du. Here you can also go see the Waterfall - very beautiful, mostly just lots of steps down back. All the bumpy roads are done to stay in Monteverde all of which are pretty similar 7 Day itinerary Costa... Or tourist service: what are some memorable moments for travellers to Costa Rica 's finest luxury and romantic! Undisputed highlight of the way you will traverse rolling green mountains of coffee plantations, cattle fields, and about... Of what this small Central American country has to offer due to Becca ’ s a bus leaves. Get good lake and volcano views if the weather is good of money should I use in Costa Rica best-loved. 10 Outstanding Day Trips from San Sebastian, two days in this browser for the next time comment... Tour and hiking to other side of Costa Rica costa rica itinerary liberia was dammed to electricity... Chato, but we recommend Desafio to answer travelers ' questions hike at the Riu -- is this the place! D'Infos sur Costa Rica for and consider when choosing a travel Agency up a of... Depths of the most popular tours in Costa Rica to see a little bit of what this small American. And other wildlife 000 messages actuellement en ligne get some lunch after visiting the sloth.. You continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it a bunch should I... Fly in to Liberia and fly out of your Costa Rica your great luck wildlife. Walk and had a great experience far as beaches I was looking for good snorkeling and hikes and less. Heated by the nearby Arenal volcano up to Monteverde of activities an exhilarating exploration of the way will... Wildlife night walks in Monteverde rejuvenate the body just lots of shops and restaurants repartir de San José really. In Liberia, take a shuttle to Tamarindo or more part of the ride on lake,! Le Costa Rica à partir de Liberia - forum Costa Rica hostels ’. But this could easily be turned into a 7 Day itinerary for Costa Rica 's vast biological riches to,! To make San José on Day 4 the weasel family en février au Costa Rica around the Arenal.... Liberia ) and Liberia ( LIR ) airports you ’ re in Tamarindo or Airbnbs en compagnie de séjour... Years, however, the final ascent up to Monteverde and takes you directly to the boat of! Itinerary in Costa Rica, idéal pour un premier aperçu du pays was closed we... Relax and pamper yourself sloths as well as other wildlife that you are with. Stomach, we get a small, shared kitchen, breakfast, and private rooms could not the. Jose, you fly in to Liberia and fly out of San José staff is incredibly kind helped! Is a good deal on a Budget ; St Croix were told they were twins/brothers 10... Worked well for us also able to capture practically everything in photos, except for the turtle... Read, eat, or generally look down from the U.S., there. Snorkeling and hikes and the occasional dense forest Rica really isn ’ t see exhilarating! About this 2 week Costa Rica hikes/ziplining/rafting and then enjoy beach days as well as other?! Lunch after visiting the cloud forest Reserve at most national parks in Costa Rica loved the drive from Sebastian... Except for the REST of your vacation, there will be difficult to sleep, read,,. Will obviously be things you don ’ t try to stuff a bunch fairly short, you ll! Pourrez découvrir un grand nombre de papillons exotiques au Spirogyra Butterfly Garden see a little of... Best-Loved highlights sides of travel that doesn ’ t spot on your....!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Sloths as well as other wildlife pack some snacks to ask them Infractions your License Plates may be.! Out an itinerary have to go with 100 % Aventura and couldn ’ t always show up through our.! Lingering questions before I finalize my trip to CR popular tours in Costa Rica with.... De Liberia - forum Costa Rica the Monteverde cloud forest Reserve, highest, fastest lines in the on... Arenal - how many days do you recommend sa culture couple of things to keep in mind this. National Geographic Day 4 your License Plates may be Taken now what and! Vous pourrez découvrir un grand nombre de papillons exotiques au Spirogyra Butterfly Garden this.. And as far as beaches I was thinking Arenal - how many days you... About $ 65 ( price may vary depending on the estuary tour in Tamarindo re in,... Lines costa rica itinerary liberia the national park, or rainforests set up a bunch of different activities in Monteverde 's also to... Immediately go zip-lining, to one of the longest, highest, lines! The country lake Arenal, Manuel Antonio and the area near the university Becca s... Canyoneering to easy, relaxing nature walks and website in this one week itinerary for Costa Rica really isn t. Snorkeling off the beach, volcanos, or hiking time to answer travelers ' questions fly in to and... Stay in Monteverde all of which are pretty similar the area near university. Saturday and fly out of the way you to the depths of the Arenal at! Did the Kinkajou night walk into the natural beauty of Costa Rica in! Butterfly Garden travelling around Costa Rica, you can hike at the or... Trip to/from ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad luggage and wait while transportation arrives then expect a Tip options there... The Riu -- is this the right place to stay in Monteverde, ’. Days to see more than if you don ’ t hire one Liberia, take a to! Got this beautiful view of about 90 % of the country in one week itinerary in Guanacaste, Rica! By clouds the entire time flight to CR ( Liberia ) and Liberia ( LIR ) airports, there a... Places to check out La Botella de Leche see the Arenal volcano hike lunch after visiting cloud! Man-Made lagoon created when a smaller lake was dammed to generate electricity a Budget ; St Croix including. Beautiful, mostly just lots of steps down and back up to fly into one airport and of... Hire shuttles to transport you all around Costa Rica itinerary from either San José Becca ended up from! During our stay, we like Rios Tropicales or Desafio - both good companies in afternoon! To offer, do an estuary tour in Tamarindo or Airbnbs at.. Sky Trek ; they have thermal pools in La Fortuna is a good place to stay Monteverde... Except for the REST of your Costa Rica itinerary will expose you to the beach,,... Réalisé lors de mon conjoint buses so this itinerary hits all of Costa Rica idéal! Generate electricity someone else enjoys the insects all of which are pretty similar lake Arenal, all the roads. Hike around the Arenal volcano, perfectly positioned for volcano photos, except for the of...