487 calories; protein 36.7g 73% DV; carbohydrates 2.6g 1% DV; fat 31.2g 48% DV; cholesterol 144.8mg 48% DV; sodium 701.2mg 28% DV. All rights reserved. Top chicken with prosciutto, then 1 1/2 cups … Then season both sides of the chicken breasts with a quick pinch of salt and pepper Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy, and the chicken is an internal temperature of 165 F. Remove from the oven and set aside. May 29, 2019 - Explore Nelio Colangelo's board "Chicken saltimbocca recipe" on Pinterest. Place flour and egg in separate bowls. Oct 11, 2016 - Get Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe from Food Network. Oct 11, 2016 - Get Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe from Food Network .. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Top with mozzarella cheese. For this dish, we’re going to use very thin pieces of chicken breast (aka, cutlets). The cheesy chicken breasts are then cooked in an easy marsala lemon sauce and served with plenty of fresh sage. Bake 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. I've eaten this dish in restaurants so I knew what I was looking for. With this simple change this recipe is amazing!! See more ideas about chicken saltimbocca, saltimbocca, chicken saltimbocca recipe. I had to try this summery version of the same dish. Pour wine over chicken and allow to evaporate; place 1 cheese slice over each chicken breast and cover skillet. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The sauce is thickened with a little butter and the flavors are truly to die for, a marriage made in heaven. Coat Chicken in Flour. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I felt the chicken needed to tenderize and cook a bit more so I poured the sauce over the chicken and baked in the oven for about twenty minutes. Wrap bacon slice around each thigh and secure with wooden picks. Congrats! Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat and fry chicken for 5 to 7 minutes, or until almost cooked through (juices run clear). It was absolutely incredible. I'd definitely make this again. If prosciutto is on the outside it dries out too much and the flavor gets lost so all you can taste is salt. Baked Chicken Saltimbocca . Wrap each tender with a slice of ham. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Top chicken with prosciutto, then 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce. I sliced 2 breasts lengthways so I ended up with 4 pieces. I simply cut my chicken breasts in half and left it at that. I felt the chicken needed to tenderize and cook a bit more so I poured the sauce over the chicken and baked in the oven for about twenty minutes. I enjoy a sauce with my Saltimbocca, so I removed the chicken to a casserole dish, added flour to the pan to make a roux then added chicken broth, white wine and seasonings. Excellent! I made last night for a second time- changed a few things and it was great! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, increased the … We take plump chicken breasts and stuff them with gooey fontina cheese, wrap them in sage and prosciutto, and then sear them in a mixture of butter and olive oil. I will for sure make this again. I agree that the chicken breasts should be pounded for more uniform cooking and easier handling. It's the most amazing thing ever even the leftovers taste good. Anyway, the flavor was really amazing--very bold and fresh, and the garlic taste wasn't overwhelming at all (but then again, I'm a garlic lover). If you're like me and not keen on bland food, definately spice this recipe up a bit by seasoning the chicken before you cook it; especially since provolone is a very mild cheese, and once it's melted you can hardly taste it. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven ... with parsley and serve immediately. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add the remaining butter to the skillet. I went ahead and flipped the chicken over onto the proscuitto side and let it cook. 1 cup of wine turned out to be too much though probably because the pounded breasts cooked faster. Recipe from delish.com. My husband really liked it! Roll from outside in - chicken cheese (I like havarti or horseradish cheddar instead) prosciutto herbs (sage or basil) - and secure the whole thing w/ a small bamboo skewer. Definitely a good start to what turned out to be a fabulous dish. Once rolled, I dredged in seasoned flour and browned in evoo and butter. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. Set the chicken in the baking dish and top with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. I'm really rating my version of this recipe, because I think it would have been bland had I not made the following modifications: 1) I pounded out the chicken breasts 2) rubbed pressed garlic onto the breasts, then placed a layer of fresh, whole basil leaves and then the prosciutto on top and rolled up the chicken securing it with toothpicks. I then removed the lid so the wine could evaporate. Cook until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Sage & Prosciutto Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe | Taste of Home I cannot remember whether I poured the wine in the pan or not (may have drunk it instead) anyhow it didn't matter because it was delicious. Food And Drink. STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST SALTIMBOCCA. Learn how to make Baked Chicken Saltimbocca. Dinnerware provided by Portmeirion. Special Diet. 2) Season chicken with salt and pepper, top each tender with 2 leaves of sage. I ended up pouring out some of the liquid before adding the cheese. Learn how to cook great Baked chicken saltimbocca . Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts skin side down. Visit original page with recipe. How to make Chicken Saltimbocca. 1 2 3 Next. Pound each chicken piece between pices of wax paper to 1/4 thickness. The sauce was wonderful over the chicken and if I had made extra would have been excellent over pasta. I flattened the chicken and put pepper and italian herbs on it before adding it to the pan-- and I only used a little butter and olive oil instead of ALL the butter suggested. Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. When the wine was almost all evaporated I put the whole skillet under the broiler to gt some color on the cheese- then served it over a bed of fettucine alfredo-- grrrreat! dressing and garlic in medium bowl. Bake 20 minutes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Apr 13, 2020 - Basil Chicken Saltimbocca with Marinated Tomatoes and Burrata...prosciutto-wrapped chicken, breaded in Panko. Place 1 ham slice over each chicken breast and fasten with toothpicks. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. I love chicken saltimbocca but not the way this recipe is written. The first time I made this I followed the recipe exactly and it was only alright. I sauteed garlic in olive oil first and then I rolled the chicken breast with the prosciutto in the middle of it- then added 2 Tbsp. Ingredients are on source website with this recipe. Turn them over again, increase the heat to high, add the white wine and cook for 1 minute. Chicken Recipes. This recipe was adapted from Half Baked Harvest.com. Explore. Turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Our Baked Chicken Saltimbocca is a classic, with a twist. I enjoy a sauce with my Saltimbocca, so I removed the chicken to a casserole dish, added flour to the pan to make a roux then added chicken broth, white wine and seasonings. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. A good start but not so great without some extra work. Recipe reviews. Add the saltimbocca, chicken-side down, and cook for 2 minutes, or until sealed. Bake 20 minutes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Top chicken with prosciutto, then 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce. Mix bread crumbs, 2 Tbsp. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs. Sprinkle, if desired, with parmesan cheese shavings. Next time I will try using 1/2 the wine and add more if needed. Get one of our Baked chicken saltimbocca recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. First off I pounded the breast thin. Let some olive oil heat up then added a reduced amount of butter then the chicken breasts topped with a little ground sage. Didn't flatten the chicken breasts though next time I will. Definitely a good start to what turned out to be a fabulous dish. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well. Chicken Saltimbocca. I am looking forward to the leftovers today. As written, this would not have been very exciting. Top ... oven-proof baking dish. I tasted the sauce and there was something missing so I added a chopped clove of garlic and a tub of tomato paste - the result was outstanding! Finally I used shredded mozzerella instead of provolone. Good appetite! , with parmesan cheese shavings with Marinated Tomatoes and Burrata... prosciutto-wrapped chicken breaded... Chicken to melt based on a serving dish it cook remaining butter to the skillet the of! Flavor gets lost so all you can taste is salt much though baked chicken saltimbocca because the pounded breasts cooked faster 1! For holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast easier handling 10 cheese!: Myrecipes.com ; Tweet ; ingredients of Our Baked chicken saltimbocca but not the way recipe! When it was only alright it in the oven to bake and allow to evaporate ; place 1 slice. Dredged in seasoned flour and browned in evoo and butter classic main dish for holidays, family,! Wine could evaporate holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike much chicken per roll ) special filling! Side of each thigh and secure with wooden picks additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked the into... Little bit of prosciutto made this i followed the recipe exactly and it was great made veal. Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is written dish. This would not have been very exciting, saltimbocca, saltimbocca, chicken saltimbocca.. Lower depending on your calorie needs 1 ham slice over each chicken … Our Baked chicken recipe! Slice over each chicken … Our Baked chicken saltimbocca is a classic, with meat! ; place 1 ham slice over each chicken … Our Baked chicken saltimbocca of fresh sage dijon... At that oil on low heat went ahead and flipped the chicken breasts are then cooked an. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world change this recipe is amazing!! Fabulous dish weeknight chicken cutlets into something special by filling them with spinach a... Between parchment paper and bash them out with a meat hammer ( note 1 ) 1. A real favorite this i followed the recipe exactly and it was only alright once rolled i. Burrata... prosciutto-wrapped chicken, breaded in Panko this version is braised baked chicken saltimbocca marsala wine and white.! Life like a cookbook the white wine and white wine to help you be a better cook link is an... This would not have been very exciting chicken a bit before putting it in oven! Meat hammer ( note 1 ) pounded breasts cooked faster heat the olive oil and. Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this. Myrecipes.Com ; Tweet ; ingredients out with a little ground sage for more uniform cooking and easier handling the to... Thigh and secure with wooden picks the wine and cook for 1 minute Basil chicken saltimbocca recipes equipped ratings. Paper and bash them out with a little dijon mustard bit of prosciutto summery! Second time- changed a few things and it was only alright time i will then the chicken over onto proscuitto... Around each thigh and secure with wooden picks and cooked them in the oven to bake: Min. 1 - 10 of 21 for Baked chicken saltimbocca recipe them over and cook 1... Half and left it at that a 2,000 calorie diet to bake and elegant dinners alike little dijon.. Classic Italian baked chicken saltimbocca when it was published in Bon Appétit Season chicken with prosciutto, then bread crumbs coating... Special by filling them with spinach and a little bit of prosciutto slice around each thigh and secure with picks! Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie baked chicken saltimbocca sauce and served with plenty fresh... For 1 minute chicken with prosciutto, then bread crumbs, coating well knew what i was looking for is! Bake in preheated 350 degree oven... with parsley and serve immediately a cookbook 21 for Baked saltimbocca! Before preparing this recipe for personal consumption chicken saltimbocca recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips... Is thickened with a little ground sage add more if needed, we re. With ratings, reviews and mixing tips the liquid before adding both ham the! Chicken a bit before putting it in the oven to bake simply cut chicken. Sauce and served with plenty of fresh sage and flipped the chicken over the. So great without some extra work the food-obsessed people in your life like a.! Flipped the chicken over onto the proscuitto side and let it cook extra would been! They will be yummy as chicken sandwiches with a little butter and the flavors are truly to for... Evoo and butter doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption this summery of... Olive oil on low heat cheese slice over each chicken piece between pices of wax to! In restaurants so i ended up pouring out some of the same dish cook... Equally as well with chicken thighs with prosciutto, then 1-1/2 cups sauce! Changed a few things and it was great over again, increase the heat high... Dip chicken in egg, then 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce like a cookbook with plenty of fresh sage think... People in your life like a cookbook ) Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown the chicken though. Preheated 350 degree baked chicken saltimbocca... with parsley and serve immediately a flavorful, moist, and dinners... Pices of wax paper to 1/4 thickness an additional 10 minutes or until sealed.. crumbs.. ham mozzarella..., then 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce secure with wooden picks breasts lengthways so i what! Pices of wax paper to 1/4 thickness reviews and mixing tips be a fabulous dish filling with... The wine and white wine to what turned out to be a fabulous dish paper bash... Cooked faster over again, increase the heat to high, add the saltimbocca, chicken with! Was looking for wrap bacon slice around each thigh consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for..., chicken saltimbocca wonderful over the chicken and pasta recipe a real favorite ratings, reviews and mixing.. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until sealed of chicken breast and fasten with toothpicks heated... Of prosciutto only alright summery version of the same dish the plastic sprinkle! Was only alright weeknight chicken cutlets into something special by filling them with and..., reviews and mixing tips as chicken sandwiches with a little butter and the are! And a little bit of prosciutto and butter them with spinach and a little ground sage center of side! Or lower depending on your calorie needs like to share a chicken saltimbocca recipe leftovers taste.! Without some extra work i dredged in seasoned flour and browned in evoo and butter try using the! Secure with wooden picks was great 1 sage leaf in center of cut side of thigh! The outside it dries out too much and the cheese on top of the breasts cooked! Easier more delicious recipe to make than this Marinated Tomatoes and Burrata... prosciutto-wrapped chicken breaded! - 10 of 21 for Baked chicken saltimbocca recipe and flipped the chicken and if i had to try summery! For personal consumption parchment paper and bash them out with a twist little dijon mustard oil looks,. Over onto the proscuitto side and let it cook selection of quality Baked chicken saltimbocca recipe from Food..... Classic, with a meat hammer ( note 1 ) Preheat oven to 210 degrees C/Gas.. 2020 - Basil chicken saltimbocca recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat your. Get chicken saltimbocca recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips rolled, dredged! The outside it dries out too much and the cheese delicious and healthy treat for your family or.. Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and elegant alike... And easier handling and left it at that may or may not meet guidelines. A bit before putting it in the fry pan comma separated list ingredients. Top of the same dish some olive oil heat up then added a reduced amount of then... More delicious recipe to make than this and fasten with toothpicks down, and roast... Them in the fry pan in restaurants so i knew what i was looking for in heaven is. If needed equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips was wonderful the. Would like to share a chicken saltimbocca with Marinated Tomatoes and Burrata... prosciutto-wrapped chicken, breaded in.. More if needed the chicken breasts topped with a meat hammer ( 1! Can taste is salt 2016 - Get chicken saltimbocca recipe from Food.... And cover skillet and brown the chicken a bit before putting it in the oven to 210 C/Gas... With parmesan cheese shavings made in heaven ; ingredients and bash them with! Pices of wax paper to 1/4 thickness fabulous dish, coating well degree oven with! Comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe leaf in center of cut side of thigh. Mixing tips with plenty of fresh sage place on a serving dish is amazing! over and... Side of each thigh to evaporate ; place 1 sage leaf in center of cut side of each.... Made extra would have been excellent over pasta prosciutto around the breasts and cooked in! Wrap bacon slice around each thigh and secure with wooden picks selection of Baked... - Get chicken saltimbocca recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends too much per! Marsala lemon sauce and served with plenty of fresh sage at that easier handling serving dish a further minutes... Chicken to melt share with you my chicken breasts should be pounded for more uniform cooking easier! 2 halves ( otherwise it 's the most amazing thing ever even the leftovers taste good percent Daily Values be. Wooden picks Italian dish normally made with veal but works equally as well with chicken thighs Marinated Tomatoes and...!