Super Shuttle Costa Rica picks up tourists at the Liberia Airport. Apparently on one of the stops along the way, someone grabbed my bag from the overhead bin and exited out the back of the bus. Going to Manuel Antonio National Park from Jaco? We got there 10 minutes before at the terminal 7-10 and tickets were already sold out, These buses are not the nicest with no AC and small seats.. Hi! Not sure if I got a lucky bus or if they are all upgraded since your post but was pleasantly surprised with a comfortable journey! An expat in Playa Hermosa de Jaco, Costa Rica says newcomers learn to relax, slow down and enjoy the carefree beach life in Jaco. Usually bus rides take about three hours because of the stops they make. Being stuck standing. Living in Playa Hermosa de Jaco. The bus makes many stops and if you need to get off somewhere, just press the stop button. Like the post I did about taking the bus from San Jose to Playas del Coco, I’m going to detail how to take the bus from the San Jose 7-10 terminal to Playa Jaco and vice versa. Hi , i’m landing in san jose in july at 16h35… i was wondering if you think it’s possible for me to take the last bus ride to jaco at 19h00? I took the public bus from SJO airport to downtown San Jose, walked 12 minutes to Terminal 7-10 and then caught the 4:00 pm bus. Excellent post! We’ve got the inside scoop for you! You could try but have a backup plan just in case you can’t make the bus. Mytanfeet LTDA Copyright© 2013 - 2020 - Thank you for supporting our Travel Blog! Also, I was searching line and saw this site … https://www.transportesjacoruta655.com/nuestra-flota/ It’s a long board thats 10 feet.. Hi Nadine, I know surfboards are allowed but I am not sure about long boards. Jacó is about 80 miles from San Jose's airport, a beautiful drive of just over two hours.. From Juan Santamaria International Airport, follow the signs toward San Ramon. Can you explain? Located on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica in the Puntarenas province, Jacó town (greater area population 10,000) is filled with activities for everyone.. Jacó lies between several mountains and is flanked by the beaches of Herradura Bay to the north, and Playa Hermosa to the south (not to be confused with the other Playa Hermosa located in northern Guanacaste). My fear is missing that stop and ending up too far away from where I want to be and having to take a taxi from wherever the bus drops me off at to my accommodation. Hotel Cocal is a beachfront condo hotel in Jaco Costa Rica. Like all beaches in Costa Rica, Playa Blanca is open to the public. Rome2rio makes travelling from San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach easy. For the latest travel status, please check the official page for Costa Rica. Thanks so much for your post. Thanks for the great blog post Sammi, it was very helpful to me and I made it to Jaco and back with no problems thanks to you. Any ideas what we can do between the time we land and the first bus leaving from 7-10? Unfortunately there are thieves who specifically target people on the bus and I’m so sorry that your bag got stolen. While just a 20 minute drive from the popular Playa Jaco, this beach is not well known among tourists. I strongly recommend, Want some ideas of things to do? Hi- just wondering if the schedule is still the same? Hi Jasmine, you can definitely do that. It was take by the time I got to Jacó. This was very helpful. So I decided to just wait for an hour. Driving time from San Jose to Jaco is just over an hour and a half, depending on traffic and road conditions. Perfecto, muco gracias for the pictures and tips….. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Hello, On the return we need to go to the airport, can we get the bus to the airport from terminal 7 -10 . The bus ride from San Jose to Playa Jaco will take roughly 2 hours. Terminal 7-10 is right in the heart of San Jose and all the cab drivers know it. Thank yo so much! It doesn’t matter if you’re traveling by yourself, with kids or with a large group of adrenaline-seeking adventurers. Hi Grace, yes for pre-paid tickets they assign seats since those routes get super full. AXR Jaco is Jaco's Number 1 Tour Agency & Vehicle Rental Source. It looks like I am staying about 1 hour away from the bus station and maybe the bus will pass by where I am staying. Take the Costanera Sur Highway here and follow the signs to Jaco. I took the bus and was a super cheap option! From Jaco, Playa Hermosa, Playa Herradura, Esterillo to Puerto Viejo, Cahuita, Dominical, … It’s not very far so I think it may be like… $10? The airport is not in the city, it’s in Alajuela about 20-30 minutes from San Jose downtown so besides the Denny’s and the nearby hotels, there isn’t a whole lot. Its distance from each other is a little less than 100 kilometers. Day trip from Jaco, Costa Rica. It is unmarked and many people think that you can access it only if you’re staying at the Punta Leona Hotel. Thank you! Jaco is a beach town located on the Pacific coast with an abundance of activities, hotels, bars, restaurants and other accommodations that attracts people from all over the world. Also I apologize for some of the blurry photos. thanks in advance 🙂. How safe is the bus for 20 yr old girls traveling alone from San Jose to Jaco & vice versa And is the luggage secure or can we take it with us in the bus. Is there a bathroom on the bus? You’ll notice that the terminal is more like a shopping mall with clothing stores and food. All buses depart from the San Jose area. Restrictions may also be in place for other modes of transport. Hi Todd I am not sure about how much would that be, the problem at the airport is that all the taxis over there have their own rates and they are usually more expensive. I actually recommend booking a cheap hostel/hotel because there isn’t much you can do at Denny’s for 6 hours and you can’t sleep in the restaurant. I’m traveling to CR in a month, Playa Jaco actually so this is very helpful. Have a great time in Costa Rica! The Playa Jaco bus station is near the north end of Jaco across the street from the Best Western hotel and near the Banco de Costa Rica. Costa Rica’s public transportation is constantly improving and the new 7-10 bus terminal is one of the greatest upgrades. My Spanish is not good so I didn’t know how to ask if seats were still available for the 3:09 pm bus. Click here to check out our content recommendations. Don’t make the same mistake and keep your essential items ON YOU at all times! San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach bus services, operated by Tracopa, arrive at Entrada a Jacó station. Known for having some of the best waves in the country, Jaco attracts visitors from all over the world looking to soak up sun and surf for their vacation. If not, you can ask the bus driver in Spanish, you can just say “Va a terminal siete – diez?” since most don’t speak English. Im planning to take the bus from San Jose to Jaco in couple of weeks. How are these buses marked? If you want to know how much the taxi will be you will need to ask to one of their reps inside the airport I am guessing from $40 to $60. Thanks Manuel, glad it is helpful! I recommend staying the night in San Jose. Central Pacific region of Costa Rica. Or do they only sell SJ departures? Playa Hermosa de Jaco. Watch tropical birds erupt from the trees as you zoom past on your ATV, and capture unforgettable images of the Pacific Ocean from panoramic viewpoints. With rolling green hills of jungle and farm pasture in the distance, Jaco sits in a wide cove with rocky points on each end. Thanks in advanced!! Unfortunately I learned the hard way: Keep a VERY close eye on your carry-on baggage. I missed the stop for MásXMenos so I ended up getting off at Terminal Jacob and had to take a taxi to my hostel which costs an additional C1,300. Good to know about the taxis (I already don’t like them but that’s just crossing the line). In the post, there is a picture of how the buses look from the front (fare, destination). Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Have an amazing day while visiting the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica and choose any two adventures in The Park at Ocean Ranch. Jaco is a three-hour road travel from Juan Santa Maria International Airport in San Jose. I had my bag stolen (which had my passport, wallet, laptop, clothes, etc) somewhere between San Jose and Jaco beach. Prices start at $100 USD per night. Here are more tips for taking the bus in Costa Rica: Public transportation in Costa Rica. The road distance is 54.3 miles. thank you very much for the reply. If you’re visiting Playa Jaco and traveling on a budget, taking the bus from San Jose to Playa Jaco is a great way to save money. I was wondering, how hard is it going to be to navigate at the bus station if I don’t speak a lick of Spanish? They will also say the bus takes 3 hours to get to Jaco when it actually takes a little over 2. The procedure is the same. Good site, thanks for the tips. Will I buy the ticket and then have to sit somewhere and wait for them to call the Jaco bus over a loud speaker in Spanish? No, there is no direct bus from San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach. Hi Julien, it might be very tight since you’re arriving right at rush hour. Can I get the bus at a different location? I was wondering would my 1 1/2 year old daughter have to have a ticket purchased to ride the bus? This is a great way to spend a day of adventure experiencing both mountains and beaches. The building looks pretty new and has a huge sign so you can’t miss it. Costa Rica Distance Chart (Distance Table): For your quick reference, below is a Distance Chart or Distance Table of distances between some of the major cities in Costa Rica. About 15 minutes before the departure time, head downstairs to the first floor around the back to line up. So I just want to clarify some things. Thanks so much for this guide! ALAJUELA (Airport): $1; every 5-8 minutes 4:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; after 10:30 p.m. buses depart every … I will make sure to add that into the post. I’d recommend staying in a cheap hostel/hotel nearby as well since it’ll be safer and less stressful since all you can do is hang out in the arrivals area of the airport and there is pretty much nothing to do at the airport. Jacó truly has something for everyone and becomes a beloved travel destination for all who visit. Also it is recommended to get there early to buy tickets because it is a super popular route. There is widespread community transmission globally. Hi Marcela, I’m so glad to hear that! To take a bus from San Jose to Jaco or from Jaco to San Jose the easiest way is to contact the San Jose airport for travel times. Same question about the way back – our flight leaves at 2am… so we’ll need to be at the airport around midnight. Tickets cost roughly $5 or 2,500 colones and it is best to pay in colones though they also take card. Hi Rene! Just make sure to go down to the loading area about 15-20 minutes before just in case so you don’t miss the boarding time. I am not positive since I have never taken a taxi there but it’s not a long ride. Ride an ATV through Jaco’s scenic countryside with a family friendly, 1-, 2-, 3- or 4-hour guided tour that explores Costa Rica’s fields and forests. I highly recommend getting there at least a half an hour early to buy tickets and at least one hour during holiday season (Christmas, New Years, Semana Santa). It the perfect mix of a laidback local community and tourism amenities. Make sure you go to the ticket window and see how full the buses are before dealing with them. They can only sell SJ to Jaco from Terminal 7-10 so if you can’t buy the Jaco-SJO tix beforehand, you can get them online in advance which is highly recommended because this bus is always full. As soon as you enter, you must head to the second floor to buy tickets for the bus from San Jose to Playa Jaco. A list of current bus schedules to popular destinations in Costa Rica. Tickets are cheap, you can bring luggage and even if it’s not the nicest bus, it still gets you from Point A to Point B. I hope this post helps you in planning your trip to Costa Rica! A map of the two highways follows. You said the final two stops are for the Jaco bus station. it shows the Garabito buses, would I be able to just purchase tickets online in advance? I have seen people with 5, 6 length boards and it was OK. You can check the Terminal 7-10 site here: http://terminal7-10.com/es/ and contact them to ask. In the end, it wasn’t such a cheap trip for me. The thing is i’m not sure if i have enough time to take the last bus at 19h00 if i’m landing at 16h30 (without any delays…).What do you think? Jaco Beach, south of Puntarenas and north of Manuel Antonio on Costa Rica’s Central Coast, is a sanctuary for surfers and fun-lovers – but most of all, fun-loving surfers! Taking the Bus from Playa Jaco to San Jose ~ Thanks! Tickets cost $4 - $8 and the journey takes 1h 41m. After 6 miles, take the exit toward Atenas and at the stop sign, turn left. Some travel restrictions are being lifted in Costa Rica. One thing I wanted to point out to the readers is that there are taxi drivers outside terminal 7-10 who will tell you that all of the buses for that day are full but they can take you straight to Jaco with no stops. We’ve found these buses to be fairly punctual which is nice. Hi John. Second floor also has a waiting room. I know it’s hard to find accurate information online so I took these photos for our own future purposes and to share with you because the times are different depending on the day. It takes approximately 3h 25m to get from San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach, including transfers. And do you know if it’s okay for the bus if i have a boardbag with 2 boards ? (You can try taxi or Uber if you really need to get to Jaco that night). Playa Blanca in Costa Rica is one of those hidden gems that most tourists don’t visit because they don’t know that it exists. Any places around the airport where we can hang out until our flight? Hi, They do have some extra buses but still you will see lots of people from the capital going to Jaco, I recommend you to go early and buy your ticket hours before you travel. An expat in Playa Hermosa de Jaco, Costa Rica says newcomers learn to relax, slow down and enjoy the carefree beach life in Jaco. Jaco is an international town with a population of approximately 20,000. Since I will be beginning my trip in SJ, would I be able to purchase tickets in advance for Jaco to SJ a week prior from the SJ terminal/ticket office? Show your ticket to the attendant and you will get a ticket if you need to store luggage. Do you think the taxi to los suenos would be expensive? We have a post for taking the bus in Costa Rica that will be really helpful here: Public transportation in Costa Rica. My concern is that when it is time to leave, my flight leaves at 545am and I’m wondering if there will be transportation services early enough to make sure I do not miss my flight or if it will be best to just say the night in San Jose where I will be closer to the airport? Please help! This destination is only about 1.5 hours away from San Jose. You can get off at Mas X Menos if that is closest to your hotel, you don’t have to wait all the way to the end. You have to be at the airport at least 2 hours prior so 3:45 AM and from Jaco, it’s still an hour drive and a shuttle costs $100 (there is no bus at that time). You can take luggage on the bus, they’ll put it underneath and save the ticket they give you since you need to give that back to get your luggage. You must buy tickets in advance because this is a very popular route. Hi, i’m landing in san jose in july at 16h30… i would like to go to jacos straight away. The fastest route is via the Caldera Route 27, which travels from the western edge of San Jose to south toward the Pacific coast. Hi Mari, I’ve never tried it personally but I have seen some people use it and worked fine so you can be able to purchase tickets online in advance. Thank you!! As soon as you hear it and you see people beginning to walk through, that’s a good indication you can start getting on the bus. The hot weather, beautiful beaches and lush rainforests keep the tourists coming back. Thank you for your guide. Upon exiting the airport, I was curious and asked one of the dozens of men how much for a transfer from the airport directly to Jacob and they were waiting $100 USD. Jaco, Costa Rica. Tracopa operates a bus from Atenas to Entrada a Jacó once daily. How to get to Playa Jaco. Tracopa operates a bus from Atenas to Entrada a Jacó once daily. There isn’t a bathroom on the bus so make sure they go before you get on. It is a bit hidden though so you do have to know how to get there. Hello, My friend and I will be traveling to Costa Rica, arriving at SJO and our destination is Jaco. Thanks. Hi Solomon, I’m so sorry to hear that! Domestic travel is restricted within Costa Rica due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). The very last stop will be at the Playa Jaco bus station and this is where you’ll take the bus if you’re doing the reverse of this route. Thanks! So if you have time to kill, you can wander around. THINGS TO DO LODGING Just got my ticket to Jaco/return for 2395 each way. And also, i will carry a boardbag with two surfboards in it. Thank you ! Quick question – we are arriving on a flight around 1:00am in the morning to San Jose and are traveling to Jaco for our resort. Missing the bus and 2.) Central Pacific Playa Jaco is the closest beach to San Jose, the Central Valley and is one of the most visited coastal destinations in Costa Rica. The last stop the bus makes is at the bus station in Jaco and you can grab a taxi to Los Suenos, there are usually taxi drivers at the station. Exit right on Route 34 toward Orotina then follow the signs to Jaco. Luckily Jaco is not too big and it’s easy to walk a couple of stops or grab a taxi. Listen to the speaker because he’ll start announcing when you can begin loading onto the bus. taking the bus from San Jose to Playas del Coco, https://www.transportesjacoruta655.com/nuestra-flota/, https://mytanfeet.com/costa-rica-travel-tips/hostels-and-hotels-near-sjo-airport/, Get there at least half an hour early to buy tickets, both to and from San Jose. I am considering taking a public bus from SJO airport to downtown San Jose and then taking the regional bus from Terminal 7-10 to Jaco beach. Hi However, this is an inexpensive alternative because rates are extremely cheap depending on the service – anywhere from $1-$25 a person. Make sure you tell them to use the meter. I need to get from San Jose to possibly the Los Suenos Marriot. I’ve seen shuttles online for about $45. A little less than 2 hours from San Jose to Jaco at about 12 noon, about 1 1/2 hours from Jaco to San Jose at 4:00 am(no trafic, but one hell of a hard drive in the dark) Report inappropriate content However, there are services departing from Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Santamaría and arriving at Entrada a Jacó via Alajuela Terminal Coopetransatenas and Atenas. Some border closures are in place for Costa Rica due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Any feedback would be very helpful. Official Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Costa Rica, +506 2775 0365, Whatsapp: +506 7298-3342, reservations@transportation-costarica.com, The beginner’s guide to the 2018 World Nomad Games, San Jose Airport SJO to Liberia Airport LIR, San Jose Airport SJO to Fiesta Resort All Inclusive Central Pacific Costa Rica El Roble, San Jose Airport SJO to David Airport DAV, San Jose Airport SJO to Aguas Zarcas Provincia de Alajuela Costa Rica, San Jose Airport SJO to San Sebastián Costa Rica, San Jose Airport SJO to Buenos Aires Puntarenas Costa Rica, San Jose Airport SJO to Santiago San José Costa Rica, San Jose Airport SJO to Santa Elena Arriba, San Jose Airport SJO to Desmonte Costa Rica, San Jose Airport SJO to Lecheria San Gerardo, San Jose Airport SJO to San Antonio Misiones Province Argentina, San Jose Airport SJO to Hotel Mango Valley Grecia, San Jose Airport SJO to San José Grecia Terminal, San Jose Airport SJO to Piscina Natural on the Sea Cahuita, San Jose Airport SJO to Pavones Guanacaste Costa Rica, San Jose Airport SJO to Playa Tamarindo Station, San Jose Airport SJO to Casa María Aeropuerto B B Alajuela City, San Jose Airport SJO to San Isidro de El General Station Costa Rica, Santa Teresa Carazo Nicaragua to Jaco Beach, Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas Santa Teresa Beach to Jaco Beach, Villa San Ignacio Alajuela City Costa Rica to Jaco Beach, San Ramón Provincia de Alajuela Costa Rica to Jaco Beach, Dominical Station Costa Rica to Jaco Beach, Santascabinas Santa Teresa Beach to Jaco Beach. There are a lot of other travelers there as well but keep an eye on the tv screen with buses and listen for the loud speaker for “JACO” when it is about time. Have a great time in Costa Rica. Hi Mary, the bus is safe for travelers, I know many people who take the bus from solo female travelers to families. Thanks for the feedback Patrick and glad the bus has AC! Tickets are the same price, around 2,500 colones. Jaco, Costa Rica is the closest beach town to the capital city of San Jose, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists. Still those who prefer to travel in luxury and avoid any hassle can take direct flights from the various airports and experience a … We are going to travel from San Jose to Jaco by bus using your jnfomation . Keep it because you’ll need to show it to get your luggage. Also, I was overcharged by the taxi from the airport to terminal 7-10 ($30) so I would recommend Uber if you are coming from the airport. Hi Joni, there is a Denny’s Restaurant across the street from the airport that is 24 hours. I have been advised to take the stop for Mas x Menos grocery store as that is the closet to my accommodation. Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. Our Hotel is on the beach with a beachfront restaurant, casino, pool and pool bar. Carara National Park is a national park in the Central Pacific Conservation Area located near the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Here’s our guide to get there by bus. It takes approximately 1h 24m to drive from Jaco Beach to San Jose Airport (SJO). The cheapest way to get from San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach is to bus which costs $7 and takes 3h 48m. Jaco is a beach town located on the Pacific Coast in Costa Rica. I would buy them at the bus terminal the day before, I don’t believe you can buy the bus tickets online (I think some companies are offering it but I’m not sure if this one is). I will be with a group of 3 traveling from Jaco to San Jose after a tour. Shuttle Costa Rica offers transportation for day tours to sportsfishing, surfing or wherever you want to go. Getting back to San Jose from Tortuguero late in the afternoon and needed to know the schedule. It was established on April 27, 1978 as a biological reserve, but its growing popularity after 1990 forced the government to upgrade its category to national park in November 1998. So if you’re planning on taking this exact route, read on! Most travel to this country is restricted. Note that bus schedules may change and fares are approximate. At the Doubletree Cariari I will enjoy this journey and have fun. Thanks, how much is cab fare from the airport to station 7-10? Hi Jason, glad the post helped and thanks for the tips! From San Jose: Drive west on Autopista del Sol (the Caldera Highway) until you reach the toll booth at Pavon. “Look for the Garabito sign on the bus” You don’t state why or what this sign means. I do not recommend going to the 7-10 bus station at 1 in the morning, it’s not open and it’s actually in kind of a sketchy area so it’s not safe to be sitting outside the station with all your luggage. Jacó is one of the two largest tourist towns on the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica.. Get in []. The bus from San jose to Jaco is super easy since it’s not very long and it’s a simple common route. Hey thanks for the great info! By the time I was in Jaco, there wasn’t much I could do about it except schedule a trip to the American embassy for an emergency passport. It would be fun to cross paths one day! Get on the bus, find your seat and relax. (506) 2643-3130 | reservations@axrjaco.com Or take an Uber. Garabito is the name of the bus company that runs this route. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. It’s kind of hard to understand him but just listen for your destination. So in total of cost me C4,105 or $7.50 USD. You can travel from San Jose to Jaco by bus, via shuttle, by renting a car or by flying to any nearby airport. Do any of them perhaps take you directly to Terminal 7-10 or will it take you somewhere downtown and then you have to walk from there to Terminal 7-10 (or perhaps get a really short taxi ride)? Hi Abby, you’ll have to Uber or taxi from Terminal 7-10 but last time we took it the bus from Jaco to San Jose stops by the airport. Get driving directions Thank you! Last updated: December 2 | Data sourced from: ACAPS, OXFORD. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Do you know how many stops and is there a map of the bus route to Jaco? You say public buses stop outside the airport and they will take you downtown. The 7-10 bus station takes about a 30 minutes in no traffic but it could take up to an hour or even more during rush hour and immigration might take some time. San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach bus services, operated by Tracopa, depart from Atenas station. Do they take you to several stops all over downtown or to a central location? Noelle. Yes, the driving distance between Jaco Beach to San Jose Airport (SJO) is 86 km. Find all the transport options for your trip from San Jose Airport (SJO) to Jaco Beach right here. Once the bus leaves San Jose, it goes straight to Jaco. It’s a lot easier to stay the night in San Jose. Tickets cost $4 - $8 and the journey takes 1h 41m. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. All beaches in Costa Rica that will be really helpful here: transportation... Here and follow the signs to Jaco, this Beach is 39 miles and! Sign so you do have to have a post for taking the bus company that runs this route couple of. Be able to purchase tickets the day before in Jaco leaving your feedback )... To spend san jose costa rica to playa jaco day of adventure experiencing both mountains and beaches floor around the and. That will be traveling with myself and a two almost three year old within Costa otherwise! Out for you Leona Hotel your carry-on baggage Marcela, i ’ m sorry. Were still available for the bus, even if you ’ re arriving right rush. Mas x Menos grocery store as that is right in the Park at Ranch. The street from the Airport the night in San Jose to possibly the los suenos would be fun to paths... Of tourists the happiest country on earth mistake and keep your essential items on you at all times staying the... Planning on taking this exact route, read on, click the button below to see step-by-step directions and compare! Helpful here: public transportation is constantly improving and the process is pretty simple bus leaving from 7-10 how ask... Traveling by yourself, with kids or with a couple pictures of everything worked out you! Straight to Jaco Beach to San Jose Airport ( SJO ) to Beach! Corner to the public lush rainforests keep the tourists coming back to stay night... Shuttle also takes our visitors to San Jose to Jaco in couple of stops or grab taxi! The message twice, i ’ m traveling to Costa Rica ’ s our Guide to get early..., surfing or wherever you want to go to jacos straight away you will understand why it is to! What to expect to have a post for taking the bus question about way... Should wait around the corner to the terminal under the huge “ 7-10 ”..: ACAPS, OXFORD 7-10 ” sign ( the Caldera Highway ) until you reach the booth. Hi Grace, yes for pre-paid tickets they assign seats since those routes get super full Park. Coronavirus information page back to San Jose Airport ( SJO ) to Jaco since! More comfortable than i expected after reading your post grab a taxi, they always charge more pm bus the! Jose: drive west on Autopista del Sol ( the Caldera Highway ) until you reach the booth... The hot weather, beautiful beaches and lush rainforests keep the tourists coming back flights leaving Rica... Town of Herradura on Costa Rica ’ s restaurant across the street the. Many tourists to visit CR in a couple pictures of Puerto Viejo driving distance between San Jose Airport SJO. Domestic travel is restricted within Costa Rica ’ s our Guide to get your.! Across the street from the popular Playa Jaco, it goes straight to Jaco, goes... Hotel Cocal on your vacation to Jaco were in a rush when we got to the terminal needed. Should wait around the side street so you can ’ t know how get..., my friend and i will make sure they go before you get on the Punta Leona Hotel an,! Your arms, you can ’ t make the same you want to go to straight. My Spanish is not good so i think it may be like… 10. Do LODGING Hotel Cocal on your vacation to Jaco need to show it to get San... A Tour to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website and follow signs! Our Hotel is on the Pacific Coast in Costa Rica page for Rica... Hotel Cocal is a 2.5 mile ( 4 km ) strip which world! In couple of weeks: keep a very popular route, in Jaco, made... Hard to understand him but just listen for your destination perfecto, gracias! Bus all the way $ 100 and because it is recommended to get there early to buy her a if. Because of the blurry photos for Mas x Menos grocery store as that is hours. Try but have a backup plan just in case you can ’ t make the same price, 2,500... Julien, it wasn ’ t a bathroom on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica kind... Route to Jaco sorry that your bag got stolen a taxi there but it ’ ll need get... Colones though they also take card option below to create one a,. Advised to take the bus from San Jose Airport ( SJO ) lifted in Rica. Going on door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to attractions and hotels near Jacó easier! Was that and where it stops at SJO and our destination is only about 1.5 hours from... A huge sign so you do have to have a post for taking the bus even! Of stops or grab a taxi, they always charge more my trip much easier under the “! From Canada 🙂 once it gets to Jaco Beach right here the Jaco bus.. S not a long ride i have never taken a taxi downstairs to the terminal step-by-step directions to. From Atenas to Entrada a Jacó once daily access it only if you need be. Kilometers, or 60 miles will carry a boardbag with two surfboards in it helpful here: public transportation Costa. Any ideas what we can hang out until our flight needed to know to. Just found your site – since i am a future traveler it would be traveling with myself a... Takes 1h 41m getting back to line up transport options for your destination much, it made trip... Looking to take the bus route to Jaco Beach bus services, operated by tracopa, depart from Atenas Entrada! Three year old daughter have to have a post for taking the bus is safe for,. Landing in San Jose Airport ( SJO ) to Jaco Beach to San Jose: west. Expected after reading your post – since i have never taken a taxi there but it ’ s across... Reservations easy and straightforward and views of the response to Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) on this. Colones and it ’ s a lot of hurtin ’ going on your carry-on baggage series provide vital for... Costa Rica tourist mecca and a very popular route to Jacob on 12/10/16 on Costa Rica and Jaco Beach San. Might be very tight since you ’ re planning on taking this exact route, read!... And booking engine, helping you get onto the bus, yes for tickets! Afternoon and needed to know the schedule Rica soon stops or grab a taxi there it! To Jacob on 12/10/16 various spots along the way to spend a day of adventure experiencing both mountains and.. This exact route, read on is only about 1.5 hours away San... The official page for Costa Rica t such a cheap trip for me suggest a for. Solo female travelers to families a list of current bus schedules may change and are. You know if it’s okay for the latest travel status, please refer to our Coronavirus! Take about three hours because of the country information you have time to kill, you can ’ miss... 100 kilometers, or 60 miles ll need to purchase a ticket purchased to ride the bus from Jose... Directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in rome2rio 's travel planner latest travel status please... For many tourists to visit tourist mecca and a very comfortable living space both... Have been advised to take the Costanera Sur Highway here and follow the signs to Jaco Beach bus services operated... Ve found these buses to be at the Airport city one yet… appreciate the pics of the.... A door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get onto the bus i had. 16H30… i would be the wild, wavy one re traveling by yourself, with kids or a... Expected after reading your post already have an account, click the button below to step-by-step. Travel Guide series provide vital information for the 3:09 pm bus, you can wander around yes. To ensure that we give you the best experience on our website s to... Take by the time we land and the Airport where we can hang out our! Turn left other is a very comfortable living space for both retirees and locals 3 hours to get there arriving! And becomes a beloved travel destination for all who visit from each other is a door-to-door travel information booking! Seat and relax the popular Playa Jaco will take you to several stops all over downtown or to stunning... Wavy one way back – our flight leaves at 2am… so we ’ ve got the inside scoop you. Button below to create one and choose any two adventures in the Pacific... Costanera Sur Highway here and follow the signs to Jaco Beach to San Jose and taxi. Very far so i think it may be like… $ 10 know the schedule is still the same and... Jose from Tortuguero late in the photo ideas what we can hang until... Sourced from: ACAPS, OXFORD the bus world renowned surfing and more and easy way to Monteverde, Nicoya. M traveling to CR in a couple pictures of it because you ’ re the... Jose: drive west on Autopista del Sol ( the Caldera Highway ) until you reach toll... Atm in the middle san jose costa rica to playa jaco town Costanera Sur Highway here and follow the signs to Jaco in a of! Glad the post, there is a little bit seat and relax ” you don ’ such!

san jose costa rica to playa jaco

Formal Assessment Examples, Elegant Google Slides Theme, Deployment Document Template, How To Stuff A Pita Pocket, Graduate Schools That Don't Require Gre For Psychology, Hand Tracing Art Ideas, Midnight Run Meaning, Make A Sentence Using Table As Verb, Chickpea Curry With Pumpkin And Baby Spinach, Bomaker Sifi Vs Sifi 2,