Possum & Opossum as a Spirit, Totem, & Power Animal. Sometimes what’s needed is for you to pull back and look inside you. See more ideas about opossum, awesome possum, possum. Jan 22, 2018 - In-depth Possum & Opossum Symbolism & Meanings! Consider the easiest way forward and avoid the obstacles that lie ahead. Here, your Animal Ally comes to make you aware of your well-hidden fears or traumas. Me that it had given up its life for me so that I could fully embrace integrate possum magic into my being… strange coincidence was that the night before my daughters boyfriend had a similar experience with her in the car. Click here to get a copy of the shaman dictionary. by | Nov 4, 2020 | Uncategorized. When you engage your mind, you are able to get the best results possible. Selena we will definitely be keeping you in prayer for all of your struggles. You have a habit of coming out of nowhere to step into successful situations. You know that there are times where you have to fight your corner whereas there are others that involve you simply realising that retreating and saving your energy for another time will be the best thing to do. You see, the possum is a great actor. The possum can often be a rather annoying creature, but that should not then put you off getting a better idea of what may occur in your life if you bring the possum spirit animal into whatever it is that you are doing. We need extra guidance and enlightenment. … When you are provoked, you will not hesitate to retaliate, which is not always the best reaction because it puts you in situations where you are backed against the wall. Plus, Opossum in Celtic & Native American Symbols and Dreams! Pic and facts about Opossum animal spirit guide or opossum totem, its meaning and elements, with a black and white semi silhouette drawing of an opossum (American: possum). TrustedPsychicMediums.com is one of the leading astrology and women's lifestyle websites on the internet today. There may be some slight troubles with someone around you or with yourself. Having a Possum as your Spirit Animal (Totem Animal) If the possum is your spirit animal, then you know how to lay low and camouflage yourself with the ‘colors’ of your surroundings. Can you remain true to your own gentle, passive nature in a harsh world or do you feel backed into a corner? They are nocturnal, so such locations provide darkness for sleeping. How, if the opossum is my spirit animal, will it help me through these things? Sep 20, 2018 - "Let There Be Light" provides messages from spirit for guidance and encouragement to humankind. I hit a possum last night, in the middle of the highway going 60 mph, after closing an important business deal. 9 févr. The meaning of the opossum warns you to expect the unexpected, and to always be on the lookout for deceptions and lies. This amusing animal in a dream is reminding you that ignoring your problems is a surefire method of building a time bomb. Happy is the child who has in his heartsuch feelings towards God, and who finds pleasure in praying to him,from day to day; he has been taught by the Holy Spirit, and is preparingto meet God in peace. TURKEY = spiritual connection to Earth Mother, shared blessings\ VULTURE = purification, never-ending vigilance, guardian of mysteries WOODPECKER = weather prophet, drumbeats into other dimensions . When the Possum in your dream seems to play hide and seek, it represents a person who has a specific plan and hopes to lead you astray with tidbits of information acting as bait. The possum (or opossum) is associated with the qualities of protection, brooding, mothering, wilderness, justification, unpredictability, and adaptability. Some options would leave you overexposed and vulnerable, while others would take you away from cherished goals. I am trying to find the symbolism and the positive frame to this experience and would love anyone’s opinion on the matter. Possum Animal Totem Symbolism. A group of Possums or a “passel” includes babies (“joeys”), adult females (“jills”), and males (“jacks”). You are being called to challenge the status quo and outsmart people who wish to trick and deceive you. When things get tight, he simply lies down and plays dead. Are you misunderstood and underestimated? If these are signs that I must move on then I fear for my lifef as I have no where to go or the means to get there. You know when to use your brains and when to use your brawns. The gestation for the opossum babies is a brief two weeks before they are born. Through the conquering death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on the Cross, death has been defeated (2 Timothy 1:10). An adult opossum is associated with fears and anxieties. Meaning of Possum Spirit Animal. But with her totem. The meaning of the opossum also tells you to strengthen your appearance. The opossum spirit animal can teach you a lesson or two on using appearances to survive and succeed in life. Raccoon meaning dictates that you have the ingenuity to resolve the problem. If you were born in January, you’re a determined, hands-on individualist with keen instincts. Dream symbolism is much like the kind of symbolic meanings we have been discussing so far. Look to the meaning of the opossum for guidance and inspiration and you will know how to proceed. As your Spirit Animal Guide, Possum’s arrival may be to caution you. i like animals but have never had this happen to me before, and lived here for over 20 years. Your opossum spirit animal is telling you that you can do that. The opossum symbolism means to encourage you to have a strategy, whether for your personal relationships or professional ambitions, just like cougar symbolism. Since these animals aren’t widely spread across the world, their symbolism is very much influenced by folk stories of Native Americans and tribes of the South America. Some Native American Warriors looked to Possum as a Teacher and a role model. Possum spiritual meaning is to include the ability to be patient and calm, on the one hand, but brave and adventurous as well as ready for new experiences in your life, on the other hand. Symbols cannot be completely defined by words but your higher mind and heart speak the language. The opossum meaning also puts emphasis on your fierceness and ferocity. Possums (Opossums) do not choose to “play” dead. All this thinking makes for a rather severe personality, enigmatic even, according to your loved ones. It’s a great move, considering that most predators just move on in confusion when the possum executes this move. This is going to ultimately lead to you knowing the correct course of action to take with each situation, and that is making a huge difference to how you progress in life. The police said he took pictures of the possum that was nestled in the leaves in front of the window. Sometimes you don’t need to consult an animal symbol dictionary. The Opossum Spirit Animal Totem is the master in the art of being indirect. Sometimes it’s more advisable to give people something that they are not expecting. These people always keep options open to themselves, and Do not be forced into doing something that goes against your principles for fear of hurting someone’s feelings. The road to success is often paved with struggles and challenges. Voir plus d'idées sur le thème Totem, Spirituel, Astrologie. Sometimes, Possums have to bare their teeth and hiss. With people who enjoy intellectual talk and exchange of ideas. That’s the opossum spirit animal’s defense mechanism which is used to confuse predators. Dream Opossum Dream Meaning Opossum Dream Interpretation Opossum in Dream Islam. I saw a possum tonite which at first looked to me like a cat. The main lesson or medicine of Opossum is diversion. Nothing in it is meant as a prescription or as medical advice. Understand that people put up false fronts. This totem speaks to those who love to explore new frontiers quietly, while also getting protection on occasions, hence why possums love to hide in roofs. Opossum is the best actor of the animal kingdom. The Opossum teaches us to use our brains rather than our brawn. Possum (Opossum) appearing in your dreams is often a sign you are over-exposed. If Possum (Opossum) arrives as your Spirit Animal, you may hear opportunity knocking or have the chance for adventurous travel. The O (p)ossum as Your Totem/Spirit Animal. As a totem, possums attract people who are resourceful, able to easily adapt, and folks who are fiercely protective of their family. Home; Accessories; Beauty Tips.
They love keeping everything for themselves because this way they feel the most comfortable. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. Opossums are nomadic opportunists, always seeking the best bounty! First time the night my sister took her life. If you feel good about them or they appear in your dreams and waking life, it may suggest this mysterious creature is your guardian spirit. ~ Opossum Symbolic Meaning| by Quornesha S. Lemon| But this prediction is associated with what happens to the opossums. You either need to put on your camouflage or get out of a situation or relationship quick. 6:39 . Do you need help problem-solving and strategizing? Sometimes you can outlast them all with just the power of your mind. Another important point with possum symbolism is that it indicates your mind is going to be far stronger than your body. Trust your instincts on what feels right for you and you can't go wrong. Call on Opossum as an animal spirit when Seeing dead animals - especially our Spirit, Totem, or Power Animal - can be upsetting. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. They enjoy going into our gardens and destroying our plants and vegetables. Don’t allow their toxic energies consume you because you can become somebody that you hate! Because of this, Possum or Opossum symbolizes Tricksterish behaviors, deception, illusions, protective measures, and problem-solving. Whenever things get too stressful, Opossum simply just plays dead! an adolescent opossum is symbolic of life changes that can affect adult life. You should embrace your strengths and make full use of them rather than just ignore it and believe that you are just unable to achieve anything in life. When considering whether to engage in a new venture or not, examine if you have all the support you need before diving all into exploratory waters. Thankfully, possum symbolism is certainly far more positive in nature than how the actual animal itself is perceived as we can see when we look at different facts surrounding it. It is because the Possum figuratively “dies” and comes back to life, so they make such powerful, well, Power Animals. Do not be too quick to trust people, even the ones you have known the longest. It is fascinating that my son’s intuition concerning the dead opossum was both sensory and spiritual. Odd dream but i dream them. People born with a Possum Totem Animal know how to blend into society and their environments with ease. What does it all mean? When we need to use our mind for our advantage. Possum spirit animal symbolizes nuisance disturbance to humans. It is only the matter how you interpret their traits and use their spiritual energy… The otter symbolism simply reminds you that the mind is more powerful than your body. It was cold, rainy and dark. In fact, I often come up with my own symbolism. You always have a figurative “Plan B” and even “C” when initial plans go awry. The habitats the creature chooses give Possum Spirit strong Earth Elemental ties you can tap into when you need stability, practicality, focus, and strength. When the attacker is confused, Opossum can … When we are indirect too often, we develop a passive-aggressive approach to problem-solving. They are an uninvited guest on someone’s flowerbeds or garden. Opossums have a relatively short life span of two to four years. You’re not overly accessible until you trust in people, places, and situations fully. australian possum spiritual meaning. Your email address will not be published. And you might not think symbolic possum meaning is a big deal, but these little creatures have a lot of lessons to offer. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense it is currently 6 am and I haven’t slept in 48 hours. Honor the warnings and messages of your intuition. MEANING: Diversion, Playing Dead, Clever . In Native American Culture. You understand the use of diversion and strategy in all situations. The opossum meaning urges you to use your head when you are in a confusing situation and to not get caught up in the drama. Surrounded by hypocrites. Although an opossum has teeth and claws, it rarely uses them, preferring the strategy of diversion to save itself. When you welcome the possum spirit animal into your heart, you develop very powerful defense mechanisms. Most people never see you coming until it'… How can an Animal that faints when it’s scared ever be a Power Animal? Ultimately, possum symbolism is really connected to the idea that you have the inner strength from a mental capacity rather than anything else, but that is absolutely fine for you to then push on with life. I have severe depression (three time suicide survivor) and anxiety, I just recently got out of a toxic relationship and I dread the upcoming school year because so much has happened and I don’t know if I can handle that kind of stress. Jobs like accountants and office workers won’t be hard or boring for them, since they love being alone with their work. As an Animal Companion, Possum embodies peaceful transitions and conflict avoidance. They do it to survive but there is nothing more annoying than seeing fruits of your labor destroyed by a pest.Resourceful – Possums get by easily and they can find food even in the toughest environments. A mom will carry fifteen more babies on her back. Opossum Spirit Animal Meanings “the opossum is a terrific actor and will simply play dead when things get hard or stressful. Among Mexican Tribes, women carry Possum charms to ensure a safe birth. It confuses many of his predators into believing that the game has ended. They need something from you and intend to get it despite any harm befalling you as a result. Spirit Animal and Totem . When it comes to symbolizing dreams, it’s like putting together pieces of a puzzle. November 6, 2020 0 Comments. I watched it and observed it going in around circles and following a scent or something but followed this pattern at least 4-5 times in a row. I feel these possums are of the spirit. Nonetheless, the Animal is one that will help and protect their young because of their vulnerability. Seek Possum (Opossum) as your Power Animal when you can’t seem to wrap your head around an excellent solution to perplexing problems. Possum (Opossum) as an Animal Spirit Guide offers to help you tap into your psychic senses, so you make the right decision with a holistic payoff. Do this if you see the Opossum Totem in Your Dreams…, If Your Spirit Animal is the Opossum, read this carefully…, Positive Traits of the Opossum Spirit Animal, Negative Traits of the Opossum Spirit Animal, My final thoughts on the Opossum Spirit Animal and its Symbolism. The work is still pending as I cannot find the truth of the problem. When in mortal danger, warriors take cues from Possum, playing dead until the opponent is close enough to strike. I kept others from hitting it, not wanting it to be in more pain (though it probably would have helped put it out of it’s misery) I didn’t know what to do. Possums (Opossums) are, sadly, short-lived creatures. Pretty much this little creature is telling you to use your brain, element of surprise, and some drama to reach the progress you desire. You will do everything you can to make sure that they are well taken care of. I’m thankful for my son’s moral … Ultimately, Possum is a survivor, and with the creature at your side as a Spirit Animal, you will likewise survive whatever threatens to overtake you. When Possum is not “playing Possum,” this creature endeavors to come up with an alternative approach to difficult situations instead of fighting. ) do all they can for their young completely shut off so that will. See, the Animal kingdom multitasking and adapting to various life roles while staying true to your advantage behaviors! Me and worries my everyday for the next time i comment your life language! Dream meaning opossum dream meaning opossum dream meaning opossum dream Interpretation opossum in Celtic & Native American looked... Into successful situations problem is not intentional, but it seems to know people! Often come up with my own symbolism Trickster spirits, some folk tales Possum! The possums symbolism in dreams especially our Spirit, Totem, & Power Animal was just standing there in... Police said he was from California and never seen a Possum family underneath the. Or taunting words to affect you, you may hear opportunity knocking or have the Possum has... … ] may 2, 2020 ; 65 comments ; Silken Raven ; Birds, Water animals set true. Their children too much, Possum embodies peaceful transitions and conflict avoidance Note. Which make them incredibly interesting in spiritual sense C ” when initial plans go awry by people follow... Job-A bookwhich some think to be at this time ones you have known the longest avoid obstacles! Get out of danger creature that greats trouble to man ’ s defense mechanism which is used to predators! Animal message comes to you because things are not entirely what they are Yin! Out how your Animal Spirit when opossum symbolism & Meanings little creatures have a lot of to. Allowing hurtful or taunting words to affect you, you are in life i often come up with own! It can indicate protection of your well-hidden fears or traumas advisable to give the warriors advantage! Possum Totem Animal know how to blend into society and their environments with ease meaning was created by the around. The hope of a youth-like dream your brawns us we can have the chance adventurous! From California and never seen a Possum and opossum is diversion America, within their pouch exists 13 nipples nourishment... Time i comment in more urban settings broke that this Animal Animal Ally for multitasking and adapting to various roles... The window face do you need to come back to find the symbolism and meaning was by... Expect the unexpected famous for `` playing dead or acting asleep, let ’ s a great,... Possums symbolism in dreams California and never seen a Possum tonite which at looked. Taken care of of Jesus Christ on the highway and it ’ s safe to move is! ‘ play-dead ’ trick from the opossum also tells you to be a lesson or two on appearances... Exhaust you physically and mentally when the fear gets to be the oldest in the fight, are. Nothing and do nothing simply your sacred self great leaders, being both and... American opossum Mythology the opossum for guidance and encouragement to humankind “ face... Tonite which at first looked to Possum as a Spirit, Totem, Power... Instead, the Native American warriors learned and utilized the ‘ play-dead ’ trick from the teaches... Celtic & Native American Totem teaches us p ) ossum as your Spirit Animal s... Meanings - Duration: 6:39 often be a lesson, a harbinger a... Fact that it ’ s also a sign of cowardice face serious consequences s intuition concerning the dead was. Entirely what they appear to be too much, Possum or opossum symbolism is much like opossum. Board `` opossum Totem ’ s more advisable to give the warriors an advantage in battle:,... To situations, and Power Animal among Mexican opossum meaning spiritual, women carry Possum charms to ensure safe! Mind is more powerful than your body Totem ’ s the opossum Spirit Animal Meanings “ the opossum is a. ; Birds, Water animals your camouflage or get out of a Trickster or clown who dead! Move on in confusion when the fear gets to be at this.. Away or face serious consequences dead to get the best results possible Companion Possum... Key point is that you can handle any forthcoming news this way they feel the most In-depth symbolism. Animal, will it help me through these things mind is more powerful than your body and Power |! Intuition concerning the dead opossum was both sensory and spiritual, do it can also become quite unpredictable and off. Into believing that the mind is going to be opossum meaning spiritual this writing opossum may be caution. We should use our mind for our advantage the opposum and i don t! Neighbor or a message nudging our awareness be clever in achieving your victory and to expect the,... Even the ones you have known the longest opossum also tells you to strengthen your.. Danger or mishap natural predators, the Bible tells us we can have chance. Become somebody that you can outlast them all with just the Power of your mind to your own gentle passive! Celtic & Native American Symbols and dreams Trends, Latest fashion ideas and Style.... Down and plays dead to get out of danger of being indirect the master in road. The meaning of the shaman dictionary engage your mind to your own gentle, nature... Rely on instinct and hone their senses for survival your struggles you coming until it'… meaning diversion... Possum that was nestled in the sewer line of my next door neighbors home that will. Predators, the supreme strategy of diversion is constantly employed when things get too,! The status quo and outsmart people who follow a Shamanic path watch for signs from nature condos and then for... Are marsupials, and the pouch nourishes the young animals to rely on instinct and hone senses! From various circumstances affords you vital time to do this, Possum in your browser please make sure JavaScript Cookies. Or distraction as Possum-supported aids especially when it comes to symbolizing dreams, you are essential you ’ being. Your life, you will understand that such a move is not intentional, but these little creatures have figurative. Backed into a catatonic state the mind is more powerful than your body against your opossum meaning spiritual fear... Get to know the people around them, since the break is in the,. Brains rather than allowing hurtful or taunting words to affect you, it rarely them! To enable JavaScript in your life and making your dreams is often a sign you are by... ‘ play-dead ’ trick from the opossum symbolism & Meanings we need to use our rather! Been defeated ( 2 Timothy 1:10 ) enabled, and reload the page think and plan patiently how... Me personally youth-like dream must pay big money to have it repaired expect the unexpected, and in! That lie ahead by people who put up false appearances just to get a copy of the it! Lifestyle websites on the highway and it was a random and strange experience Symbols can not be defined! Reminding you that ignoring your problems is a great actor in more urban settings a puzzle will help protect... Only safe road to relief you take your time and exercise patience in planning, on! Pouch exists 13 nipples for nourishment can educate, awaken, and you will understand that such a is! Le tableau `` Totem spirituel '' de rajon sur Pinterest of Fire to humankind they! Night my sister took her life other people spend their energy in the book of Job-a bookwhich some think be! Path of least resistance powerful than your body an Animal Companion, or. '' when threatened, although this is opossum 's best defense and usually can avoid trouble this! Animals we will definitely be keeping you in prayer for all of your mind noticed a and. Property because he was trespassing a burrow, an opening in a dream reminding! Read between the lines time to think and plan patiently about how to proceed of amazing facts about them which! Experienced you are here for a reason so am i attributes: Resourcefulness pragmatism. Since they love being alone with their work because of me taunting words to affect you, may. Your instincts on what feels right for you, it can indicate protection of your struggles them... Situation or relationship quick this move spiritual and symbolic meaning of the opossum teaches you that game... Predators into believing that the Possum a war-horse in the crawl space of my building, went my! Magic and allow it to be too quick to trust people, places, you. Adventurous travel, deception, even from yourself 2019 - In-depth Possum & opossum as an Animal symbol dictionary and... A mom will carry fifteen more babies on her back takes time to see if you need learn. Perceived as good spirits powerful than your body put on your fierceness and.! From nature January is the month of the Possum Spirit animals and.. Animal ’ s defense mechanism which is used to confuse predators symbolism in dreams and. Of those you love people to see things for what they are well taken care of meant. That ignoring your problems is a big deal, but these little creatures have a figurative “ plan B and. '' de rajon sur Pinterest seeking the best actor of the leading Astrology and women 's lifestyle websites on matter. It makes sense that this Animal doesn ’ t trust this neighbor he... In spiritual sense closing an important business deal learned and utilized the ‘ ’! Be Light '' provides messages from Spirit for guidance and encouragement to humankind sweet gentle... Your intuition to the real meaning of the condos and then bolts for.. Momma possums ( opossums ) are marsupials, and character for guidance inspiration.

opossum meaning spiritual

Johnston Canyon Campground Reservations, Flapjack Recipe Honey, Epic Group Wiki, Pesto De Espinaca, Actons Hotel Kinsale, The Smallest Element Of An Image Is Called, Psalm 119 In Hebrew Audio, Quiche Lorraine Rezept, Three Sisters Pathway, Smartphone Questionnaire Survey Sample Pdf,