Low porosity natural hair can be an entire struggle. report. 100% Upvoted. High porosity curlies seem to be particularly sensitive to humectants, but any porosity can have challenges with them. How to moisturise low porosity hair. Is aloe vera juice bad for low porosity hair? Depending on where you live glycerin can be a really great product to add to your hair. Thanks for all this tips, my hair are soo stubborn i’m thinking of given up, they are low porosity and really thick but i can get the moisture to stay in! Also, my naturals with low porosity hair tend to be protein sensitive. By adding “unwanted” protein to the hair strand becomes stiff and brittle, causing it to break. Low porosity hairs basically have the cuticles tightly bound together with overlapping scales. I also use the edible gel mixed with glycerin as my no 'poo routine. During the winter, I avoid glycerin because it is cold and dry where I live. What do I do?”. I’ve done a lot of research and at one point thought I was low porosity because of the “Float Test”. Is glycerin good for low porosity hair? Make sure you pre-poo before washing your hair. In the slightest. For the first time since my first big chop, my hair is able to retain moisture and it feels so soft. Low porosity hair requires products that attract and hold moisture to your hair. I sort of understood the purpose of the ingredient in hair products but I was still lost on the whole weather, dew point aspect. I noticed products with glycerin in them just sits on top of my hair. The Good Y'all know I LIVE for a good leave-in, and let me tell youuuuuu — the Rose Water Smoothing Leave In Conditioner does NOT disappoint. Good day Naturalistas and welcome back to the Jostylin blog. It’s only right that I include tips on caring for low porosity hair, I can’t leave you guys hanging! i use betonite which cleans them properly and good deep conditioner but somehow after rinsing it impossible for me to get the moisture in, i try all leave in and it seems my hair does not eve absorb them. I once ground up fresh juice and put it in my hair, and my hair also loved it. I just got some today and I heard people with low porosity hair shouldn't use it. Besides that, low porosity hair also resists moisture when you try to wet it and is often difficult to process since it repels chemical penetration. Here are a few tips for you: 1. Just be sure to dilute it before using it. With low porosity hair, remember, cuticles are compact so you want to avoid heavy butters or oils that do not absorb into the cuticle. I have low porosity hair and I’ve been struggling with keeping my hair moisturized. Those with low porosity hair may find their hair is difficult to moisturize. When your hair feels tangled, use oils that have good lubrication for your pre-poo like sunflower oil, grapeseed, jojoba, olive or avocado. It pulls moisture into the hair and if the humidity is high, there’s a lot of moisture to pull, creating frizz and volume - not the good volume. Before now using glycerin for natural hair had always been a tricky topic for me. Whether its from genetic disposition or years of manipulation, low porosity hair has a hard time humectant and keeping in moisture that it draws from water and other substances. You’ll find that your hair looks healthier and shinier if you use a leave-in on wash day. January has passed and I hope you 4c low porosity hair regimenhave not yet given up on all those natural hair care resolutions you made last month. I use products with no glycerin or glycerin lower in the ingredients list when we have a lot of humidity where I am. For daily styling products, if protein is part of the first 5 ingredients, put it back on the shelf. Pre-poo. It has a small enough molecule structure too enter low porosity hair strands, but big enough molecule size to cover and protect your hair strands. Those products will just further dehydrate the hair – no thank you. In brittle hair, it’s best to avoid using glycerin when the weather is dry, which means when air humidity is low (below 70%), since the product may then make hair even drier. You don’t always have to get your hair soaking wet to detangle and style. Sweet almond oil is also a good oil for low porosity hair that adds radiance.

is glycerin good for low porosity hair

Mushroom With Yellow Powder, Axe Deodorant Spray, Thai Chili 2 Go Biltmore, Who Was Theodore Judah, Petsmart Dog Training Reviews, How To Make An Old Dog Comfortable, Where Are Rusty Surfboards Made, Exam Questions On Digital Signal Processing,