Discuss examples of evidence and learn the language to frame your experiences on practicums. They are organised into three key areas of teaching: professional knowledge, professional practice and professional engagement. By working through the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (graduate level) in early July 2017 I was able to discover the gaps in my knowledge and evidence of practice. AITSL Professional Standards for Graduate Teachers. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning. GRADUATE PORTFOLIO. The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers comprise seven standards which outline what teachers should know and be able to do. 1.2 Understand how students learn Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of research into how For the purpose of this portfolio I will focus on the seven graduate standards. The professional standards for graduate teachers are a public statement of what constitutes teacher quality (AITSL, 2014). They are organised into three key areas of teaching: professional knowledge, professional practice and professional engagement. Home About Professional Knowledge > > > Professional Practice > > > Professional Engagement > > References ... and also that it is an expectation that in achieving the AITSL Professional Standards for Teaching that professional relationships are established and maintained (7.1). Plan for and implement effective teaching strategies, 3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs, 3.5 Use effective classroom communication, 3.6 Evaluate and improve teaching programs, 3.7 Engage parents and carers in the educative process, 4. Select a Domain of the Graduate Standards from the top of the page. Lifelong learning is a term that I am very passionate about in terms of my teaching career. AITSL Graduate Standards. Please click on the links below to see how I fit within the Australian Professional Standards for teachers: Professional Knowledge Know students and how they learn Know the content and how to teach it Professional Practice Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments Assess,… Mentor feedback. AITSL Teaching Portfolio (Provisional to Full Registration) This is a sample and template for the contents page of your graduate teaching portfolio when transitioning from Provisional Registration to Full Registration. ELLEN ZAMBON. This is because the evidence addresses more than one standard in the standard area, and for ease of use is included in this way. Know Students Know the Content Plan Teaching and Learning Supportive and safe learning Assess, Feedback, Report Professional Learning Engage Professionally. 2.6 Information and Communication Technology (ICT) I believe that working with information and communication technology is a necessary skill for students in the twenty-first century. The template is easy to alter to suit your own needs. AITSL Graduate standards Portfolio. AITSL STANDARDS AND RESPONSES Rebecca Larsen Teaching Portfolio: Untitled Introduction AITSL Proficiency Standards AITSL Graduate Standards CV  Know the content and how to teach it  2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area Before entering my pracs I made sure I had access to … An example on how they do this is ensuring that programs such as 'peer meditation' are implemented. In completing my Graduate Diploma of Education I have had an enormous amount of professional growth, and although I have not done perfectly, I am proud of my efforts in what has been a very demanding course (AITSL focus area 6.2, see letter regarding my results below), and which has at many stages emphasised the practice of reflection . Learn + understand each of the 7 standards for graduate level. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments. For the students its the moment when they find out if their work has yielded the… Context: Professional learning is aimed at upskilling teachers to industry currency and practices. Australian Professional Standards for Teaching Standard 1: Know students and how they learn. 4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments, 4.5 Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically, 5. AITSL Graduate Standards Portfolio. These examples are provided as a guide and illustration only, they are not prescriptive or exhaustive, nor are they the only means of … Please click on the 'ABOUT' tab at the top of this page to learn about me, how to contact me and how to navigate this E-portfolio. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ caers and the community, 7.1 Meet professional ethics and responsibilities, 7.2 Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements, 7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities. As a pre-service teacher in my final year of university studies I am at the very beginning of my teaching career. 3. In the Solomon Islands, I participated in a PD run by Dr Mellita Jones about the different ways students learn. I have also attached my AISTL Graduate Recognition Certificate and my Professional Experience Reports. This e-portfolio is being submitted as a part of my final unit in a Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) at Murdoch University. Professional Standards for Teachers in identifying professional learning needs 7.1 Meet professional ethics and responsibilities Understand and apply the key principles described in codes of ethics and conduct for the teaching profession. PORTFOLIO EXAMPLE: Pre- test Antarctica Unit, IWB PDHPE Activity, Mathematics Lesson- Excel, H.S.I.E- Government Website. Demonstrate understanding of a range of strategies for reporting to students and parents/carers and the purpose of keeping accurate and reliable records of student achievement. I share the 3 strategies to gather evidence on your practicums for each of the standards … The statements define the work of teachers and make explicit the elements of high quality, effective teaching in the 21st Century schools that will ultimately improve educational outcomes for students (AITSL, 2014). These standards encompass three themes: Professional Knowledge, Professional Practice and Professional Engagement. The AITSL standard 4.4 ensures that schools are running effective programs that ensure student safety and are continuing to evaluate the effectivness of these programs. ... graduate teacher panels and mental health first aid training. It is designed to reflect the Graduate Standards of the National Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL 2012). Pulling Apart the AITSL Graduate Teaching Standards. 5. Context: Their are a range of strategies teachers can use to effectively, sensitively and confidentially use to work with parents. STANDARD 4: CREATE AND MAINTAIN SUPPORTIVE AND SAFE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS Through effective classroom management, … Search. This portfolio has been constructed to satisfy AITSL Standards and the requirements for teaching registration through the South Australian Teacher's Registration Board. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning, 5.2 Provide feedback to students on their learning, 5.3 Make consistent and comparable judgements, 6.1 Identify and plan professional learning needs, 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice, 6.3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice, 6.4 Apply professional learning and improve student learning, 7. Home About Professional Knowledge > > > Professional Practice > > > Professional Engagement > > References STANDARD 1: Know students and how they learn. Demonstrate broad knowledge of, understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and languages. As mentioned above as the Standards are interconnected, I have found it easier to provide the evidence with each of the applicable subsections of the Standards listed where applicable. AITSL STANDARDS | digitalportfolio. 1. Graduate Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning 3.1 Set learning goals that provide achievable challenges for students of varying abilities and characteristics Every class that we will teach will have a variety of learning needs and requirmement in it. Understand strategies for working effectively, sensitively and confidentially with parents/carers. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning. This will show you a list of posts that show evidence towards each of the 7 AITSL Graduate Standards. As a teacher I believe that I am not only there to grow and develop the minds of my students (Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership, 2017a), but to also … AITSL Professional Standards for Teaching Graduate Portfolio Ellen Zambon. Home; Teaching Philosophy; Permissions; November 16, 2017 jhoward35. Know students and how they learn. 6.4 Apply professional learning and improve student learning – AITSL Graduate Standards Portfolio Demonstrate an understanding of the rationale for continued professional learning and the implications for improved student learning. The AITSL standards have been created in light of the new national curriculum to ensure graduate teachers have developed the necessary skills to design lessons that meet the requirements of the Australian curriculum, assessment and reporting authority (AITSL, 2012). AITSL. Set learning goals that provide achievable challenges for students of varying abilities and capabilities Context: Understanding what students know, where they are at and where they are going is one way of establishing challenging learning goals. I developed kevin-stewart-tp.com to demonstrate my professional learning. How it works. The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers comprise seven standards which outline what teachers should know and be able to do. 1.1 Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students, 1.3 Students with diverse linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, 1.4 Strategies for teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, 1.5 Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities, 1.6 Strategies to support full participation of students with disabilities, 2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area, 2.4 Understand and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to promote reconciliation between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians, 2.6 Information and communication technology (ICT), 3. 7. In a high school with over 50% indigenous students, being knowledgeable about the aboriginal culture and actively pursuing reconciliation processes is one way to build… Aitsl STandards. The Graduate to Proficient: Australian guidelines for teacher induction into the profession frame support for beginning teachers to make the transition from the Graduate to the Proficient Career Stage, based on the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. Each student is on an individual learning path, requiring the teacher to also get to know the students,… It is designed to reflect the Proficient Standards of the National Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL 2014). Secondly, the evidence is attached at the beginning of the Standard Area. Artefact 7.2: Within the teaching profession, a crucial aspect of developing a professional image is compliance with all legislative, administrative and organisational requirements. For the purpose of this portfolio I will focus on the seven graduate standards. Search for: Graduate Standards. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community. Teaching portfolio. Menu Skip to content. The Documentary evidence examples provide detailed information regarding ways of evidencing the Standards at the Proficient career stage. PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR TEACHING. Please see the attached PDF files. Welcome to my e-Portfolio of the Australian Professional Standards for Teaching on the Graduate Standards. The evidence given will seek to satisfy all 34 points of the 7 Standards and will include my teaching beliefs, reflections, examples and documents that I have collected from over 80 days of … ... AITSL … 2.4 Understand and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to promote reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. 1.1 Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of … Where applicable, lesson plans have been added as a file link to supplement the evidence and show the relative links to the curriculum. Evidence addressing the AITSL standards Below are details of various evidence showing how I have met each of the Standards at a Graduate level. Welcome to ETP506 Online Portfolio. 1.1 There are a wide range of social, intellectual and physical characterstics among students.To be an effective teacher, one of the many challenges we face is to be aware of some of these characteristics and how such characteristics will impact on teaching and learning. Context: Reporting to students is an important step in the teaching and learning cycle. AITSL Standards - Proficient This e-portfolio will be submitted as part of my application for the transition of Graduate teacher to Proficient teacher. Professional Standards for Teaching Graduate Portfolio Ellen Zambon. Selena Woodward's Teacher Edufolio evidencing how my work meets AITSL's National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPSfT). Over the course of my degree and throughout my Professional Practicum, I have grown in my teaching skills and experience such that I can now demonstrate the qualities of an accomplished Graduate Teacher, as per the AITSL National Professional Standards for Teachers.

aitsl graduate standards portfolio

Growing Plants Above Aquarium, The Art Of Prayer By Kenneth Hagin Pdf, Quest Warrior Ashes Of Outland, Best Aperture For Food Photography, Lake Village Condos Walled Lake, Mi, Local Farms In Ct,