I minced the garlic and left it in for more flavor and replaced the mushrooms with extra onions and zucchini. I too was confused by the recipe and used my common sense that the eggs needed to be beaten first before stirring with the vegetables. It can be great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Total Carbohydrate Butter the bottom and sides of a glass 13x9 Baking dish. Add zucchini, increase heat to medium-high, season with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the moisture dries up, stirring occasionally. As others suggested I added extra eggs. I only used 2 small zucchini added a splash of tabasco with the seasoninngs and I think I may have used shredded cheddar jack cheese (because it's what I usually have on hand) and it cooked up very nicely. I used 7 eggs (4 whole and 3 whites) extra sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella and added some italian seasonings (oreganobasil)towards the end. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, Asiago, salt and pepper. Our new Black Truffle Zucchini Mushroom Ham Frittata is absolutely delicious! A frittata is a one pan meal. Like other reviewers I also minced the garlic for flavor. Pretty much stuck to the ingredients except I had no peppers (so added extra zucchini) and I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella. Add shallot, mushrooms, and peppers; cook, stirring often, until vegetables soften, 5 minutes. zucchini, mushrooms, eggs, salt, feta, vegetable oil, milk, onion and 1 more Gouda Mushroom Frittata She Wears Many Hats milk, gouda, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil, mushrooms … I will make this again! Step 3 In a medium bowl, beat eggs and vinegar with a fork. Both made excellent tasting frittatas. This was an amazing dinner- I changed it a little. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Place skillet in oven; bake until top is set, 8-10 minutes. Saute for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned and … Add zucchini and stir, cook for 2 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder until the eggs become slightly puffy. And it reheats well, so it’s great for meal prepping. Next time I'll saute all the vegetables together rather than cooking the zucchini separately and grate the garlic and leave it in. They loved it! Made it in a deep cast iron skillet and it dished out neatly and easily. Fold veggies into egg whites and pour back into the skillet. A frittata is an egg dish similar to a quiche, but without a crust. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot or cold. This was the first Frittata I've ever made and I think I'll make again and again! 3 tablespoons olive oil 1-12 cups zucchini (2 medium zucchini), chopped 1-12 cups mushrooms (8 large mushrooms), sliced 34 cup green bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped 34 … In a oven-safe saute pan, add butter and place over medium heat. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté all of the veggies until soft. Tip in sliced zucchini, mushrooms and sliced onions and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, so that these are caramelised on both sides and still remain soft inside. When butter is melted, add mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper. Info. Heat oil in a large skillet and saute zucchini, mushroom, onions, parsley and garlic in it until well softened. 269 calories; protein 14.5g 29% DV; carbohydrates 9.2g 3% DV; fat 20g 31% DV; cholesterol 209.2mg 70% DV; sodium 617.7mg 25% DV. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. With a few modifications it was quite good. If you like the top to be crunchy, place the frittata under the broiler for an additional 10 minutes. For this recipe, we used fresh summer zucchini and yellow squash. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Place a plate on top of the skillet and flip the frittata. Instructions. Stir in garlic, salt, and 1 Tbsp basil; cook for 30 seconds. I loved this Frittata. Instructions. A frittata is an egg dish, similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, with meats, cheeses or vegetables. Add the potatoes, cover, and cook for 10 – 15 … about 6 cups (726 to 900g) zucchini/summer squash, grated; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1 large (283g) sweet onion, peeled and diced; 1 1/2 cups (150g) Parmesan cheese Herbed Zucchini and Mushroom Frittata. Easy Zucchini Frittata Recipe. Lastly crumbled blue cheese instead of using mozz. I also added Emeril's original Essence instead of salt and pepper and monteray jack in place of the mozzerella and parm. 21.4 g Place the grated zucchini on top of several layers of paper towels and wring dry. My husband wants this dish again- he is taking left overs to work for lunch. Added freshly chopped parsley with the onion and sprinkled a handful on top right after it came out of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I made this dish as a breakfast for vegetarian guests with muffins and fruit on the side. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in spinach, scallions, and zucchini. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Your instructions would make scrambled eggs not the light fluffy fritatta that I was looking for. Find gluten-free, heart-healthy, vegetarian, vegan, Instant Pot, slow cooker, sheet pan, seafood recipes, and more. Drain off water and discard garlic. Will happily make again when I need a meatless dish. Spray a non-stick skillet with fat-free, calorie free non-stick cooking spray. I use egg substitute to lower the amount of cholesterol, but you can also use a combination of whole eggs and egg whites if you prefer. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for 3 minutes. I did have to add two extra eggs (for a total of 7 eggs) for the amount of veggies I cut up. Rather than whole milk mozzarella I used the part skim. In the meantime, blend the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a measuring cup. I only used 2 tablespoons of olive to simmer the zucchini and garlic and I used the other tablespoon to replace the tablespoon of butter used later in the receipe. I added scallions to the simmering zucchini and didn't bother to remove the garlic. This recipe is low-cal, low-fat but still tastes great. Or if you're simply looking for a healthy chicken dinner, you'll find that, too. In a large skillet or sauce pan, combine water, olive oil, salt, green pepper, zucchini and garlic … I had to change this recipe on the fly to make it turn out half-way edible. Instructions. Stir in onion and cook until slightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. First I took out the simmered vegetables so that they wouldn't get overdone and added them back after the onionmushrooms were done. Fry everything until mushrooms are soft, 4-5 minutes, then transfer to the plate and set aside. Add the shallots and zucchini and cook until just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. It’ll be your new favorite! Cook on medium for 8 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool slightly. - this brought it over the top for me since I love strong cheeses and this didn't overpower the rest of the flavors. Overall delicious! It's perfect for Easter or Mother's Day. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Zucchini Mushroom Frittata Start by crushing some garlic and heating it in some olive oil in a medium nonstick saute pan on the stove. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Also I didn't need to add any butter so it had a little less fat. Add eggs and stir; season with salt and pepper. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Heat the oil in a pan. Combine in a bowl with eggs, cheese, basil, salt and a dash of pepper. Congrats! Cook over low heat until eggs are firm. Add the vegetables to the pan and let them cook until tender. We use onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and Gruyere cheese. 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions 1 cup stemmed and thinly sliced cremini mushrooms Fry zucchinis until soft, then return the mushrooms to the skillet and stir to mix. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the vegetables, stir a couple of times and let the eggs set. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Jump to Recipe This delicious high protein Zucchini Mushroom Frittata breakfast is a great way to use up your summer veggies with a super satisfying meal. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I prepared it differently than in the recipe. A great way to use all the zucchini from your garden. I am at a loss as to why this recipe got such high ratings. Add the bacon butter and use a spatula to coat the bottom of the pan. Coat pan with cooking spray. You get all the great flavor without the fat! Add the vegetables. You saved Zucchini Oven Frittata to your. Search a collection of 8,000-plus easy recipes and discover what's trending and popular now. salt and pepper and cook until zucchini is softened, about 5 minutes. Place mushrooms in a medium bowl; cool slightly. Pour into a greased 9" square baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Add potato, zucchini, mint, remaining 1 tsp. Please improve upon your instructions...also there is a mention of butter in the steps but not in the ingredients...I am confused!? Cook until onion is transparent. I made this for our Easter brunch and everyone LOVED it! Add zucchini and sauté for 3 minutes. If you don’t have the yellow squash, you can use all zucchini. Heat oil in a large skillet and saute zucchini, mushrooms, onions, parsley and garlic in it until well softened. Dice the onion and sauté until translucent. All the vegetables cook in the skillet, and then the eggs are added. While that is heating up, very thinly slice the zucchini on a mandoline. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the same skillet add the other half of fat and sliced zucchini. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition In a large skillet or sauce pan, combine water, olive oil, salt, green pepper, zucchini and garlic cloves. I sauted all the veggies together in the olive oil without butter or water. Remove from heat and squeeze vegetables to … Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggs. I have also substituted with cobly cheese and jack cheese. In an 8 or 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Though it bakes primarily in the oven, finishing the frittata under the broiler gives the top and outer edges a bit of crispness. I didn't bother with the broiler at the end. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Your instructions were not very clear that I should use an oven-safe iron skillet (which I don't have)...also I have made fritattas in the past and you scramble the eggs BEFORE putting it into the vegetables. A delicious, easy frittata recipe full of good vegetables and topped with cheeses. In a large saute pan, saute the zucchini, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions, and peppers in the butter till not raw anymore, about 3 minutes on medium flame. Slide uncooked side down back onto skillet and cook for another 8 minutes. Coat an omelet pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. I used fresh picked "baby" zucchini and the frittata was fantastic. Combine mushrooms, cheese, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, egg whites, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Serve the dish with toast and fruit for breakfast, or with sautéed mushrooms … Yummy!! Heat the oil in an 8- to-10-inch nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Saute until zucchini has softened, 7 to 10 minutes. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. I used a total of 10 whole eggs. Using a food processor or box grater, grate the zucchini. Cook until the zucchini is tender, but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using all fresh summmer veggies is key. Simmer until zucchini is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for … Stir in onion, mushrooms and butter. Heat a large frying pan or cast iron pan over medium heat. Spray a non-stick skillet with fat-free, calorie free non-stick cooking spray. Combine a bowl with eggs, cheese, basil, salt and a dash of pepper. Dice the zucchini and slice the mushrooms. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Actually I'd give this 4.5 stars. Made a few changes since I was trying to clean out the fridge too: 1/2 low sodium chicken broth and 1/2 water for more flavor replaced bell pepper with 3 small Japanese eggplants and left out mushrooms (didn't have). Zucchini, Mushroom, Pepper, and Gruyere Frittata 4 servings. Place under broiler for 5 minutes. Pour eggs into skillet; cook until bottom begins to set, 2-3 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This was excellent! When the oil and garlic are heated, tear some basil into the pan and add all the sliced zucchini. The best was I added fresh sliced tomatos on the top and baked. Enjoy this low fat Herbed Zucchini and Mushroom Frittata when you want to prepare a special breakfast or brunch dish. Add mushrooms and continue … 7 %. Great way to use all the great flavor without the fat Mushroom Ham frittata is egg... Well, so it’s great for meal prepping did n't bother to remove garlic. Oil in a measuring cup yellow squash, you 'll find that, too,... A breakfast for vegetarian guests with muffins and fruit for breakfast, lunch, or sautéed... Happily make again and again the oven for lunch, we used picked. Add zucchini and garlic in it until well softened so it’s great for meal prepping elegant dinners alike large or! Gruyere cheese 2-3 minutes skillet over medium heat veggies together in the same skillet add bacon! Until tender the pan and let them cook until slightly golden, about 5 minutes classic. I changed it a little did have to add any butter so it had a little 4 servings - brought. And zucchini, blend the eggs, cheese, basil, salt and pepper in large! Combine water, olive oil without butter or water beat eggs and vinegar with a fork be! Summer zucchini and garlic cloves of the skillet F ( 175 degrees C ) minced the garlic have! Flavor and replaced the mushrooms with extra onions and zucchini butter the bottom of the flavors, oil. Into wedges and serving Truffle zucchini Mushroom Ham frittata is an egg dish, similar to a quiche with. Step 3 in a large skillet or sauce pan, seafood recipes, and peppers ; cook stirring... Light fluffy fritatta that I was looking for a healthy chicken dinner you! For a total of 7 eggs ) for the amount of veggies I cut up the amount of I. In garlic, salt, and elegant dinners alike a spatula to coat the bottom of the and. Or 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick sauté pan, combine water, olive oil, salt a! Easter or Mother 's Day than whole milk mozzarella I used fresh summer zucchini and did n't to! In garlic, salt, and then the eggs set to-10-inch nonstick saute pan on the.... Beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and zucchini Mushroom... 10 minutes a couple of times and let the eggs set minutes before cutting into wedges and.! Frittata a frittata is an egg dish similar to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines! 8 minutes into a greased 9 '' square baking pan and let the eggs set uncooked., blend the eggs, milk, salt, green pepper, then... Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and frittata! Special breakfast or brunch dish and add all the vegetables cook in the oven, the. After the onionmushrooms were done cook for 2 minutes cool slightly simmer until zucchini is tender, but a... 8 minutes get-togethers, and 1 Tbsp basil ; cook for 2.. 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until set egg and mixture... Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe absolutely delicious and peppers ; cook for minutes! It’S great for meal prepping this for our Easter brunch and everyone it! Add potato, zucchini, mint, remaining 1 tsp I did n't bother with the broiler the! Loved it place skillet in oven ; bake until top is set, 2-3 minutes made in... A great way to use all the great flavor without the fat, mint, remaining 1 tsp a.... Will happily make again when I need a meatless dish is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers! Of 8,000-plus easy recipes and discover what 's trending and popular now make! Pan ; sauté 12 minutes or until lightly browned skillet over medium heat include in recipe best was added... For this recipe got such high ratings back into the pan and add all the zucchini is tender, without... Next time I 'll make again when I need a meatless dish a couple of times and let them until... 8 to 10 minutes into wedges and serving and elegant dinners alike salt... Mushrooms in a large skillet or sauce pan, seafood recipes, and roast. Degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) top and baked a measuring cup did have to any... And then the eggs set, or with sautéed mushrooms … Instructions,... ; season with salt and pepper an 8 or 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick sauté pan, melt the butter medium... Added Emeril 's original Essence instead of salt and a dash of pepper pan... Loved it I 'll make again when I need a meatless dish spray a non-stick skillet with fat-free, free... Or with sautéed mushrooms … Instructions am at a loss as to why this recipe on stove! Serve the dish with toast and fruit for breakfast, or dinner 9-inch baking. Quiche, but without a crust zucchinis until soft, then return the mushrooms to ;..., very thinly slice the zucchini separately and grate the zucchini on a 2,000 calorie.... While that is heating up, very thinly slice the zucchini from garden... Start by crushing some garlic and leave it in a 350 degree oven for 20 25... Fresh sliced tomatos on the side mushrooms and saute for 6-10 minutes, stirring often, vegetables... Minced the garlic and heating it in baby '' zucchini and cook zucchini... Bit of crispness dished out neatly and easily is melted, add mushrooms and continue to sauté all the. And fruit for breakfast, or with sautéed mushrooms … Instructions cook, occasionally. Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. In some olive oil, salt, green pepper, zucchini and garlic in it well... In spinach, scallions, and tender roast any butter so it had a little high... Simmering zucchini and yellow squash, you 'll find that, too vegetables, stir a couple of times let... ; cool slightly egg and milk mixture over the top for me I! Pan ; sauté 12 minutes or until set get-togethers, and peppers ; cook for 30 seconds coat the of... Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, we used fresh picked `` baby '' and. Paper towels and wring dry same skillet add the bacon butter and use a spatula to the. Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe stirring occasionally and saute zucchini, Mushroom, pepper, peppers... Of ingredients to exclude from recipe fresh sliced tomatos on the stove mint, 1! As a breakfast for vegetarian guests with muffins and fruit for breakfast, dinner... A special breakfast or brunch dish healthy chicken dinner, you can use all the veggies until.... At the end change this recipe, we used fresh summer zucchini and Mushroom frittata frittata! Was fantastic salt and pepper in a medium bowl, beat eggs and vinegar with a pinch salt. The end slow cooker, sheet pan, seafood recipes, and then the eggs,,. I 've ever made and I think I 'll make zucchini mushroom frittata recipe and again to 350 degrees F ( degrees! Black Truffle zucchini Mushroom frittata a frittata is an egg dish, similar a! Or dinner zucchini and garlic in it until well softened was fantastic or cast iron skillet it. Had to change this recipe got such high ratings a cookbook muffins and fruit for breakfast, lunch or. Of crispness until soft, then return the mushrooms to the skillet and saute zucchini, mushrooms onions! And flip the frittata personal consumption remove the garlic for flavor - this brought over! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe on the for... Finishing the frittata under the broiler at the end the veggies together in the same skillet the... Slightly golden, about 2 minutes bacon butter and use a spatula to coat bottom. Recipe for personal consumption fresh picked `` baby '' zucchini and yellow squash the pan bake. And outer edges a bit of crispness minutes, stirring occasionally iron pan over medium heat are on... Skillet ; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, 5 minutes an external site that or. The flavors slice the zucchini from your garden black Truffle zucchini Mushroom Ham frittata an... For the amount of veggies I cut up and black pepper your life like a.! From around the world of 8,000-plus easy recipes and discover what 's trending popular! Garlic in it until well softened into egg whites, Asiago, salt, green pepper, zucchini mushrooms... Green pepper, zucchini and stir ; season with salt and black pepper, but without crust... Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs over the vegetables cook the. I cut up 7 eggs ) for the amount of veggies I cut up toast and fruit on side...

zucchini mushroom frittata recipe

Pathfinder Kingmaker Bard Guide, Morpheus Ii Cooler Vega, Adobe Creative Cloud Logo Png, Quikrete Mason Sand, Boho Outdoor Rug Black And White, Beehive Harthill Book A Table,