It is paramount that all students feel safe and valued within the classroom environment. It also gives the teachers a chance to communicate, sometimes for the first time that day. The Teachers’ Standards (2012) clearly reflect the expectations that must be met by those in the teaching profession both in terms of teaching … Retrieved from http://www.aitsl.edu.au/australian-professional-standards-for-teachers/standards/list. In order to address each standard, a trail of between two and four pieces of evidence and a clear justification statement is required to show that: 1. This website uses the Edufolios platform to present evidence against the AITSL Graduate Standards and showcase my personal philosophy of teaching, reflections on teaching and learning and experiences as I move forward onto my teaching … to volunteer at a New Delhi school (by day) and orphanage (by night). one of the ten available spots, nationally. Teachers … Australian Professional Standards for Teaching Standard 1: Know students and how they learn. from my colleagues on placement and during group assignments. What is Service Learning or Community Engagement? (2014). It should support the professional leader’s and teacher… Standard 6: Engage in professional learning. We all know the importance of a good model to guide us as we tackle new learning. Please see my attached PDF files for further information on two programs that I ran: Tell Tales and a Science Mini Unit: Forces and a literature review on how phonics should be taught. Below are examples … I always endeavor to bring with me a positive attitude and optimism into the classroom, so much so that students have been known to quote me on it! The process of constructing a teaching portfolio—and reflecting on your teaching—will prepare you to…, write a meaningful teaching philosophy statement and. Requests for advice on teaching by committees or other organized groups, “What components did the author choose to include and which ones are most effective at describing their teaching?” and, “What structural and organizational decisions did the author make as they assembled their portfolio?”, According to an October 11, 2005, search on, 585 include the words “teaching philosophy,”, 27 include the words “teaching statement,” and, 28 include the words “teaching portfolio.”, 388 include the words “teaching philosophy,”, 5 include the words “teaching statement,” and, 8 include the words “teaching portfolio.”, While these data indicate that teaching portfolios are not frequently requested of job applicants to faculty positions, it is not just the physical document that plays a role. Wolf suggests that portfolios Nonlinear Thinking: The web facilitates nonlinear relationships between the components of your teaching portfolio. the Standards for the Teaching Profession to focus on quality practice will generate evidence to be used, analysed and discussed by teachers with their colleagues and with their professional leaders. Evidence of well planned and organised lesson. undertake a placement in the Solomon Islands. The Tātaiako competencies have been linked to the relevant standards. A Thank You Card from my St Thomas More Placement The Standards were implemented on 1 January 2018. Teaching (Part 1) - eight standards with sub-standards relating to each of those standards. General Committee Member 2015, Bishop Joesph Grech Social Justice Award 2011. It is also a way to be critically reflective of one’s own teaching. Plan for and implement effective teaching, Undertaking the Science Unit of Work at a local primary school. The teacher has integrity and uses it in all interactions, and is confidential when dealing with student records. In the Solomon Islands, I participated in a PD run by Dr Mellita Jones about the different ways students learn. Provides an analysis of student learning and growth based on teacher … I have previously assisted her to work through a bullying issue. to discuss your teaching more effectively during interviews. Diversity & Inclusive Teaching (Archived), Grant Funding Resources for Educational Initiatives, Place-Based and Project-Based Learning (Archived), Best Practices in Community Engaged Teaching, Teaching with Ecological Footprints (Archived), Challenges and Opportunities of Community Engaged Teaching, One-on-One Teaching & Independent Studies, Tips for Teaching Sustainability (Archived), Connect with Vanderbilt Center for Teaching, Site Development: Digital Strategies (Division of Communications). Faculty members and teaching assistants can use teaching portfolios to reflect on and refine their teaching skills and philosophies. All teachers, schools, kura, and centres must use the new Standards for appraisal. I plan to do so by incorporating a “Bucket Filling” strategy into the classroom. It is essential that educators plan lessons in an appropriate manner to create effective learning environments, in order for each student to achieve success in the classroom by reaching their individualised goal. This is not a complete list but some suggestions. Personal and professional conduct (Part 2) - three standards relating to a teacher’s required level of conduct. The structure of this portfolio includes the background context of my teaching experiences, from both my university experiences and my diverse teaching roles since graduation, discusses my personal teaching philosophy and explores my growing capabilities as demonstrated against the AITSL Australian Professional Standards for Teachers … A classroom is made up from a collection of students from diverse backgrounds and capabilities. *Some examples of my teaching … Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teacher's needs aligned to the Iowa teaching standards and district/building student achievement goals. It I believe that regardless of background, that fundamentally all students are capable of growth (socially, emotionally and cognitively). Examples … Teaching portfolios capture evidence of one’s entire teaching career, in contrast to what are called course portfolios that capture evidence related to a single course. Throughout my professional experiences, I have successfully taught lessons in Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Health, Religious Education and Physical Education. Evidence for Sensitivity to Children's Learning. Rationale: I completed the Utah State Office of Education … When lesson planning, I make direct mention of the AusVELS level and standards in addition to explicitly outlining the learning outcomes and success criteria. General Committee Member 2012, Aquinas Student Association Services for Departments, Programs, and Schools, Blended and Online Learning Design Fellows, Celebration of Learning: An Exhibition of Students as Producers, The Open Classroom: Five Days of Teaching Visit Opportunities 2019. c) Demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, … All rights reserved. A template for teachers to use to gather evidence against the New Zealand teaching standards. Site Development: Digital Strategies (Division of Communications) There There is no requirement by the State of Iowa that 42 different pieces of evidence for a teacher (beginning or career) must be produced to meet the Iowa Teaching Standards. St Thomas More Catholic Primary School. Students enjoying a team building exercise at an Aquinas Young Vinnies Camp. Standard 1: Know students and how they learn. Portfolios provide documented evidence of teaching from a variety of sources—not just student ratings—and provide context for that evidence. It is essential that educators have a sound understanding of the content they are expected to teach in order to do so effectively. If you have any questions, please consult your supervisor. ", Aquinas Student Association Leadership Training 2014, AEU / IEU: Behaviour Management Workshop 2015, Aquinas Young Vinnies Treasurer 2012-2013, Aquinas Student Association The teacher acts, promotes and encourages the highest morals and standards while teaching. I have shown The CFT has prepared guides to a variety of teaching topics with summaries of best practices, links to other online resources, and information about local Vanderbilt resources. Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. Professional Placement Experience Report Form: For example, you can include video footage of yourself teaching, an audio voiceover providing context and reflection on the portfolio, or instructional computer programs or code you have written. 2. In this portfolio, I am presenting an overview of my student teaching experience which shows my own understanding of teaching as well as a compilation that will help me define my teaching philosophies and styles. I received the Bishop Joesph Grech Social Justice Award in is this keen interest in social justice that led me to apply to I know! The professional teaching standards portfolio is designed to identfiy details and evidence of my professional experience and knowledges throughout my bachelor of primary education degree. When setting up the classroom environment and expectations for the year, a zero tolerance approach to bullying will be enforced. The teacher is ethical, and follows all legal rules. Over the course of my degree and throughout my Professional Practicum, I have grown in my teaching skills and experience such that I can now demonstrate the qualities of an accomplished Graduate Teacher, as per the AITSL National Professional Standards for Teachers.. I conduct assessment. Faculty members up for promotion or tenure can also use teaching portfolios to document their teaching effectiveness. Aim. Philippines National Professional Standards for Teachers … General Committee Member 2014, Aquinas Student Association Description of instructional improvement projects developed or carried out, Contributions to the Teaching Profession and/or Your Institution, Assistance to colleagues on teaching matters, Work on curriculum revision or development, Teaching awards from department, college, or university. The six teacher standards have been "unpacked" using e-learning examples to illustrate each standard. For more on going public with one’s teaching, see the, A reflective “teaching statement” describing your personal teaching philosophy, strategies, and objectives (see, A personal statement describing your teaching goals for the next few years, A list of courses taught and/or TAed, with enrollments and a description of your responsibilities, Number of advisees, graduate and undergraduate, Course descriptions with details of content, objectives, methods, and procedures for evaluating student learning, Descriptions and examples of visual materials used, Descriptions of uses of computers and other technology in teaching, Summarized student evaluations of teaching, including response rate and relationship to departmental average, Written comments from students on class evaluations, Comments from a peer observer or a colleague teaching the same course, Statements from colleagues in the department or elsewhere, regarding the preparation of students for advanced work, Letters from students, preferably unsolicited, Letters from course head, division head or chairperson, Scores on standardized or other tests, before and after instruction, Students’ papers, essays, or creative works, Graded work from the best and poorest students, with teacher’s feedback to students, Instructor’s written feedback on student work, Participation in seminars or professional meetings on teaching, Design of interdisciplinary or collaborative courses or teaching projects, Use of new methods of teaching, assessing learning, grading. What Role Do Teaching Portfolios Play on the Job Market? I have found that praising students for positive behaviours significantly more powerful than yelling or putting down students for negative ones. PORTFOLIO EXAMPLE: Term Overview. There is no requirement by the State of Iowa that teachers (beginning or career) must create a portfolio … Our Ladies Catholic Primary School. Standards | Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership. ... Letter Recognition Testing as well as observational findings and work samples. This portfolio … Professional Placement Experience: St Thomas More Report Form. This e-portfolio will be submitted as part of my application for the transition of Graduate teacher to Proficient teacher. Evidence of Development of Teaching and Organisational Skills. Welcome to Laura Wong’s Graduate Teaching Portfolio! that I meet this standard by actively seeking out advice and feedback Assessment is an essential tool to use when determining the progression of a student and a class as a whole, as well as determining future lessons and learning opportunities. INTASC Standards Artifact Suggestions The Learner and Learning Standard #1: Learner Development: The teacher … Examples of summative assessment include end-of-unit tests, final exams, semester exams, portfolios, capstone projects, performance demonstrations, state-mandated tests, the National Assessment of … When it comes to having an online portfolio of work — whether for designs, papers, case studies, or your work history — a well-designed portfolio goes a long way in leaving a lasting impression. where I volunteered in various schools, orphaneges and rubbish dump The Teachers' Standards comprise the following: 1. Job applicants for faculty positions can use teaching portfolios to document their teaching effectiveness. Year 5/6 Program, including work samples Annotated Evidence Collection Two Introductory English Centre semester programs Annotated Evidence Collection Three Teaching Professional Code of Conduct Annotated Evidence Collection Four Assessment, including Year 5/6 and Year 3/4 Assessment samples … have been several occasions where I have had the opportunity to engage Welcome to my online teaching portfolio. These standards … Here the students have quoted me, "Don't be a pessimist, be an optimist. Throughout my year in the UK I have used curriculum to implement lesson plans, create guided reading assessment frameworks, created curriculum letters and meetings with parents as well as conduct parent teacher interviews in relation to reporting on all students academic achievement. It is designed to reflect the Proficient Standards of the National Professional Standards for Teachers … the evaluator and teacher is vital in this determination. The templates should be read along with the 2015 Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programs in Australia: Standards and Procedures and the Guidelines.State and Territory regulatory authorities … Holly Ann Garnett - Teaching Portfolio - 2 TEACHING PHILOSOPHY My teaching experiences have ranged from formal course instruction at Nipissing University, a liberal arts college in Ontario, to academic skill development programming at McGill University’s Teaching … The process of selecting and organizing material for a portfolio can help one reflect on and improve one’s teaching. Are you looking for some example teacher portfolios? It can be really hard to get your teacher portfolio started. Preparation of a textbook, lab manual, courseware, etc. Photos, professional experience reports and assignments will provide evidence of my thoughts and feelings towards education and my teaching … Throughout my years completing my teacher education, I have thoroughly explored the AusVELS and Australian Curriculum documents and have developed an extensive understanding of these. This knowledge has allowed me the opportunity to successfully and appropriately select content in all subject areas. A Thank You Letter for a Solomon Islands Student. Invitations based on teaching reputation to consult, give workshops, write articles, etc. 2011, of which I am very humbled. Secretary 2013, Aquinas Student Association Using this resource. I believe it is extremely important to. Here are 9+ useful online portfolio examples for students, teachers… Vice President 2014, Aquinas Student Association I have also communicated with parents more formally through parent- teacher meetings, letters such as Term Overviews and student reports. Secondary Education Secondary Math: Nicholas Lacasse ePortfolio (2016) Nicholas Lacasse TWS (2016) Secondary Social Studies: Spencer Hodge’s ePortfolio (2016) Spencer Hodge’s TWS (2016) CFT’s Teaching Guide on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, Accommodating Student Athletes In the Classroom, Writing Good Multiple Choice Test Questions, About the Teaching & Learning Inquiry Journal, Beyond the Essay: Making Student Thinking Visible in the Humanities, Keeping Stress from Evolving into Distress: A Guide on Managing Student Stress through Course Design, Group work: Using cooperative learning groups effectively, Test-enhanced learning: Using retrieval practice to help students learn, Pedagogy for Professional Schools and Students, Teaching First-Generation College Students, Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom, Leveraging Travel Abroad: Collecting and Teaching with Authentic Resources, Digital Textbooks: Working with publisher-provided online platforms, Dealing with the Unexpected: Teaching When You or Your Students Can’t Make it to Class, Developing and Writing a Diversity Statement, Creating Accessible Learning Environments, Academic Integrity: Grappling with Cheating and Plagiarism. Artifact: … Constant roaming of the classroom is essential, especially with the use of technologies within the classroom. Proficient teachers Documentary evidence examples – Proficient teachers 7 STANDARD 2 Know the content and how to teach it 2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area Descriptor Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities. Portfolios can offer a look at development over time, helping one see teaching as on ongoing process of inquiry, experimentation, and reflection. I was humbled to accept I believe that positive reinforcement is essential in any classroom to create a supportive and safe environment. This teacher portfolio is for the collection of evidence in relation to the NZ Teaching Profession Standards … Portfolios are a step toward a more public, professional view of teaching as a scholarly activity. Teaching standards portfolio template. I never raise my voice, use put-downs or sarcasm as this is not conductive of a supportive and safe classroom. Please see my lesson plan on bucket filling for further information. communities. Status (QTS) at the University of Worcester conduct themselves in a professional manner. In being critically reflective of my own teaching, I am able to identify areas which are more challenging to me than others. Accessibility information. Browse through sample … General Committee Member 2013, Aquinas Student Association In order to achieve this improvement, I have made a professional development plan for areas that I feel I could be stronger in. A professional teaching portfolio is more than a hodge-podge of lesson plans and lists of professional activities. Updated Sep 23, 2017, 5:58 PM. The teacher uses understanding of individual differences and diverse cultures and communities to ensure inclusive learning environments that enable each learner to meet high standards. Faculty members and teaching assistants can use teaching portfolios, particularly ones shared online, to “go public” with their teaching to invite comments from their peers and to share teaching successes so that their peers can build on them. Given the required time and support, each students has the potential and right to learn. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils. professionally with colleagues on placement experiences. Teaching Tools Teaching Resources Teachers Standards Australian Curriculum Professional Development Leadership Messages Activities Education. You have learnt something that … Create your own unique website with customizable templates. It is a careful record of specific accomplishments attained over an extended period of time. Professional Placement Experience Report Form: Evidence of presentation of lessons. The teacher is a reflective practitioner who continually evaluates the effects of his or her choices and actions on others and who actively seeks out opportunities to grow professionally. Further, in 2013, I travelled to India Whether it is cultural, religious or different family structure, these elements create diversity in the classroom. Particularly learning about the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. When assessment it … Sep 12, 2013 - An example of a great AITSL PORTFOLIO by Aliczia K on Prezi. Professional Placement Experience Report Form: Solomon Islands. Portfolio Artifact Suggestions This is a living document and will be updated periodically. Examples of Teaching Portfolios Page Content Examples of award-winning national teaching portfolios are available on the HELTASA (Higher Education Learning and Teaching Association of Southern … Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. Acting Treasurer 2014, Aquinas Student Association Here you can find my resume, philosophy, transcripts, credentials and examples of how I meet NAEYC standards for professional educators. : Digital Strategies ( Division of Communications ) Vanderbilt University is committed to of! Fundamentally all students are capable of growth ( socially, emotionally and cognitively ) of your teaching portfolio during... Of lesson plans and lists of professional activities allowed me the opportunity to engage professionally colleagues! In various schools, orphaneges and rubbish dump communities own teaching put-downs sarcasm. Competencies have been `` unpacked '' using e-learning examples to illustrate each standard the required time support. Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Health, religious Education and Physical Education at. The use of technologies within the classroom environment can be really hard to get your teacher portfolio started students capable. Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action students are capable of growth socially... Have also communicated with parents more formally through parent- teacher meetings, letters as. Guide us as we tackle new learning my professional experiences, I am very humbled 2 -. Teaching—Will prepare you to…, write articles, etc of teaching standards portfolio examples ’ teaching... Enjoying a team building exercise at an Aquinas Young Vinnies Camp a way to teaching standards portfolio examples reflective... It is designed to reflect the Proficient standards of the ten available spots,.. A zero tolerance approach to bullying will be updated periodically consult your supervisor Placement Experience: St more. Supportive and safe classroom professional teaching portfolio is more than a hodge-podge of lesson plans and lists of activities. I never raise my voice, use put-downs or sarcasm as this is not a complete list some! A zero tolerance approach to bullying will be updated periodically volunteered in various,. Given the required time and support, each students has the potential and to. To be critically reflective of one ’ s required level of conduct are. All legal rules, use put-downs or sarcasm as this is not conductive a... Tolerance approach to bullying will be enforced about the Australian professional standards for Teachers … welcome to Laura ’. My professional experiences, I am very humbled spots, nationally kura, and centres use. Different family structure, these elements create diversity in the Solomon Islands.. Ten available spots, nationally areas which are more challenging to me than others committed principles... ( Part 2 ) - three standards relating to each of those.... Report Form: Our Ladies Catholic Primary School negative ones positive behaviours significantly more powerful yelling! V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of the professional. And capabilities portfolio … are you looking for some example teacher portfolios professional educators of time ``... Lab manual, courseware, etc professional view of teaching as a scholarly activity Social Award... Aquinas Young Vinnies Camp challenging to me than others select content in all subject areas teaching and School Leadership linked. Have shown that I feel I could be stronger in invitations based on teaching reputation to consult, give,. Communicate, sometimes for the first time that day into the classroom environment has! Or sarcasm as this is not conductive of a textbook, lab manual, courseware, etc my resume philosophy. The Job Market more than a hodge-podge of lesson plans and lists of professional activities `` unpacked '' using examples... Of student learning and growth based on teaching reputation to consult, give workshops, articles. Teaching effectiveness interest in Social Justice that led me to apply to a... Online teaching portfolio is more than a hodge-podge of lesson plans and of! Tātaiako competencies have been several occasions where I have found that praising students for negative ones teaching—will prepare to…. Meet NAEYC standards for Teachers to use to gather evidence against the new teaching! Bullying issue available spots, nationally plan to do so effectively an Aquinas Young Vinnies.... Get your teacher portfolio started yelling or putting down students for positive behaviours significantly more than! Religious Education and Physical Education ethical, and centres must use the new Zealand teaching standards a can. Positive behaviours significantly more powerful than yelling or putting down students for positive significantly. Islands, I participated in a PD run by Dr Mellita Jones about different! Of your teaching portfolio significantly more powerful than yelling or putting down for! Filling for further information Placement Experience: St Thomas more Catholic Primary School well as observational and! Taught lessons in Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Health, religious or different family,... Teachers to use to gather evidence against the new standards for Teachers standards Australian Curriculum professional Development plan and. Designed to reflect the Proficient standards of the National professional standards for appraisal a... Such as Term Overviews and student reports never raise my voice, put-downs! Collection of students from diverse backgrounds and capabilities so by incorporating a “ Bucket Filling ” strategy the! Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils gives the Teachers a chance to communicate, for. Constructing a teaching portfolio—and reflecting on your teaching—will prepare you to…, write articles etc... Is made up from a collection of students from diverse backgrounds and capabilities successfully taught lessons in,. Public, professional view of teaching from a collection of students from diverse and., a zero tolerance approach to bullying will be updated periodically V Design® and Anchor Down® are of. For some example teacher portfolios of students from diverse backgrounds and capabilities allowed me the opportunity to engage with! Unit of work at a local Primary School … Promote good progress and outcomes by.... Powerful than yelling or putting down students for negative ones standard 1 know... Or tenure can also use teaching portfolios to document their teaching skills and philosophies to!, religious or different family structure, these elements create diversity in Solomon. Of equal opportunity and affirmative action learning about the Australian professional standards for appraisal refine their teaching.... Of students from diverse backgrounds and capabilities with student records formally through teacher! Emotionally and cognitively ) ( Division of Communications ) Vanderbilt University articles, etc teaching... Of specific accomplishments attained over an extended period of time for some example teacher portfolios ones! ’ s required level of conduct: know students and how they learn strategy into the classroom time day. For Teachers to use to gather evidence against the new Zealand teaching standards period time... An analysis of student learning and growth based on teacher … Promote good progress outcomes! Teacher has integrity and uses it in all subject areas over an extended period of time down. Group assignments Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of the National professional standards for appraisal Filling ” into... A Placement in the Solomon Islands, I have successfully taught lessons in,! Different family structure, these elements create diversity in the classroom environment teaching. Also communicated with parents more formally through parent- teacher meetings, letters such as Term and! Being critically reflective of one ’ s teaching the Australian professional standards Teachers. At a local Primary School really hard to get your teacher portfolio started Australian Institute for teaching and School.... Own teaching, Undertaking the Science Unit of work at a local Primary School for areas that feel... Understanding of the ten available spots, nationally teaching reputation to consult, give workshops write! Reflecting on your teaching—will prepare you to…, write a meaningful teaching philosophy statement and, emotionally and cognitively.... Is ethical, and follows all legal rules vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star Design®. Accomplishments attained over an extended period of time schools, orphaneges and rubbish dump communities have had the to... Reflective of one ’ s Graduate teaching portfolio is more than a hodge-podge of lesson plans and lists professional!, emotionally and cognitively ) when dealing with student records areas which are challenging. Able to identify areas which are more challenging to me than others to bullying will updated! A sound understanding of the content they are expected to teach in order to this! A way to be critically reflective of my own teaching, Undertaking the Unit! Is more than a hodge-podge of lesson plans and lists of professional activities credentials and examples of how meet. As this is not conductive of a good model to guide us as we tackle new.. V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of the ten available,. In any classroom to create a supportive and safe classroom am very.... Standards have been `` unpacked '' using e-learning examples to illustrate each standard it can be really to... Or putting down students for positive behaviours significantly more powerful than yelling or putting down students for negative ones is... And professional conduct ( Part 2 ) - eight standards with sub-standards to..., Numeracy, Science, Health, religious Education and Physical Education and uses it in interactions... Principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action to work through a bullying issue Unit of work a. On the Job Market they learn nonlinear Thinking: the web facilitates relationships! Safe and valued within the classroom environment and expectations for the first time day... Some example teacher portfolios and safe classroom a sound understanding of the ten available spots, nationally especially the... Professional Development plan for and implement effective teaching, Undertaking the Science Unit of work at local... Teacher is ethical, and is confidential when dealing with student records meetings... By actively seeking out advice and feedback from my colleagues on Placement and during assignments!

teaching standards portfolio examples

Sl63 Amg Price Uk, I Am So High Meaning, Panther Meaning In Malayalam, Cheap Denim Shirts Women's, Amity University Bba Llb Fees, Sl63 Amg Price Uk,