The final core clock speed offset I was able to use was +213MHz regardless of the driver revision I tested. My setup is as follows: CPU: i7-7700K @ 5GHz. We are the top Gaming gear provider. MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G is the ultimate PC Gaming Platform. Share Tweet +1. Guru3D.com » Review » MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X Review » Page 30 MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X Review - Overclocking The Graphics Card by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/29/2017 07:16 PM [ Core Clocks; 1847 MHz / 1708 MHz (OC Mode) 1822 MHz / 1683 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1733 MHz / 1607 MHz (Silent Mode) What does change are the clockspeeds. MOBO: Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. MSI tool. As most of you know, with most video cards you can apply a simple series of tricks to boost the overall performance a little. In the images below, you can see that when clock speed offsets are adjusted on a linear curve, you have the potential to lose performance based on the inability to modify individual voltage frequency offsets to fill those lost gaps. Why is MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X better than Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC? Hello I would like to OC this card a lot more it stays at 60C on Max load. MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X features three Display Ports (1.4), one HDMI (4.0) and DL-DVD-D, and the digital maximum resolution is 7680 х 4320 pixels. To take advantage of this technology, each of the usual suspects are putting together new enhancements to their overclocking tools to take advantage of this opportunity. Model Name GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G Graphics Processing Unit NVIDIA ® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Interface PCI Express x16 3.0 Cores 3584 Units Core Clocks 1683 MHz / 1569 MHz (OC Mode) 1657 MHz / 1544 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1582 MHz / 1480 MHz (Silent Mode) Memory Speed 11124 MHz (OC Mode) 11016 MHz (Gaming / Silent ) Memory 11GB GDDR5X Memory Bus 352-bit Output DisplayPort x … 114.2 GPixel/s vs 109.3 GPixel/s; 0.39 TFLOPS higher floating-point performance? Free shipping for many products! The MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G has an MSRP of $769 but due to the mining craze the price has been all over the map. 9. Message Signaled-Based Interrupts. I just ordered my card and I'm curious to see other people's overclocking results. Memory Type GDDR5X. DisplayPort x 3; HDMI x 1; Dual-link DVI-D x 1; Features. Graphics Cards GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G . Overall, the generic thumb of rule here for a decent tweak and overclock is that performance can gain anywhere from 5 to 10% performance. MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G review -, ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC review, GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founder edition review, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC PRO review, ASUS Radeon RX 6800 XT STRIX OC LC Review, AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.11.3 driver download, Intel HD graphics Driver Download Version: DCH 27.20.100.9025, AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.11.2 driver download, Nvidia GeForce 457.51 WHQL driver download & discussion, using 463 beta 2 my cpu core clocks are not detected 5950x. Monitor: Asus VG248QE 1080p 144 Hz. Newegg shopping upgraded ™ C $207.71 14 bids + shipping . 118 posts; 118 posts; Posted April 9, 2019. If the clock speed adjustment failed, then the clock speeds and tests were re-run until they passed a full hour of testing. The GTX 1070 has a power target overclock limit of 112% So with overclocking you need to push the slider all the way to the right for the full 112%. We've already looked at the MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X here, so if you want to catch up on the looks of the card, features, and of course the all-important technical specifications then there is the place to go.It's okay, we'll wait whilst you get up to speed. My MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X Overclock. 3 vs 2; 10mm narrower? Cranking up the GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G followed the same script. MSI GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR OVERCLOCKED Edition 8GB GDDR5X 2560 Core VR Ready Graphics Card + FREE DELIVERY ! Benchmarks. MSI's GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G is a well-built, blistering video card that's hard to fault for any modern demand: 4K gaming, VR. Benchmarks. MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio Testing: Finding out just how much gaming FPS performance the MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio can deliver will consist of running it and comparison cards through the OverclockersClub.com suite of games and synthetic benchmarks. The core clock was … 285.6 GTexels/s vs 273.3 GTexels/s; 3896MHz higher … Archived. Whereas the FE comes in at 1480 MHz Core/1582 Boost and 11,010 MHz on the 11 GB GDDRX5 Memory. The MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G has an MSRP of $769 but due to the mining craze the price has been all over the map. MENU WHERE TO BUY. 26MHz faster GPU clock speed ? RAM: Corsair 16 GB LPX 3200MHz. Core Clocks; 1847 MHz / 1708 MHz (OC Mode) 1822 MHz / 1683 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1733 MHz / 1607 MHz (Silent Mode) 1750MHz vs 1263MHz; 12.3 GTexels/s higher texture rate ? Afterburner was one of the very first overclocking and tuning tools for GPUs and has proven time and again to be easy to use with a large user base. … All caught up? You'll see that most cards out there all will tweak to roughly the same levels due to all kinds of hardware protection kicking in. 1544MHz vs 1518MHz; 2.2 GPixel/s higher pixel rate? Graphics Card Release Date May 27th, 2016 Generation GeForce 10 Predecessor GeForce … The performance verdict is in and I have to say that NVIDIA and its partners have put together some really nice cards that hit all the performance marks. Why is MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC better than MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X? … Usually when your 3D graphics start to show artifacts such as white dots ("snow"), you should back down 25 MHz and leave it at that. Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2800 MHz … MSI GTX 1080 DUKE 8G OC triple PWM fans blast the heat out of the card for the consistent top performance you need to win the game. 4.9 GPixel/s higher pixel rate? The GPU weighs 1.1 kg and comes with 3 years of warranty. Have one to sell? The Gaming X takes that to up to 1569 MHz Core/1683 MHz Boost in its fastest setting: OC Mode. TORX Fan - Dispersion fan blade: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow. MSI MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Overclocked Dual-Fan 11GB GDDR5X PCIe Video Card. 280mm vs 290mm; 26mm shorter? Memory Size 8 GB. Picture Information. GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC GeForce GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC … Sell it yourself. Core Clock Speed(MHz) 1683 MHz / 1569 MHz (OC Mode) 1657 MHz / 1544 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1582 MHz / 1480 MHz (Silent Mode) Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X TRIO Overclocked Triple-Fan 11GB GDDR5X PCIe Video Card at the best online prices at eBay! The GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G is a somewhat conservative offering from MSI. Only 1 Qty Left Status: Out of Stock . For all overclocked games above we have used the very same image quality settings as shown before. I am using the MSI Gaming App to overclock the speeds and have liquid cooling on my GPU as well as the CPU. I started the process by ramping up the fan speed to 100%, set the power and thermal limits to the maximum end of the range, and cranked up the fan speed to 100% to ensure the best possible results. In a more realistic closed case scenario, they operate at 1800 RPM. I maxed out the power limit and thermal sliders, cranked the fan speed up to 100%, and started testing. C $656.82 + shipping 1 more DisplayPort outputs? Overclocking: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio: 2062MHz Core, 2997MHz Memory; Over time, NVIDIA's 16nm FinFET silicon has matured somewhat and is resulting in higher core clock speeds when you start pushing the clocks. It sounds hard, but it can really be done in less than a few minutes. 35.5 GPixel/s higher pixel rate? Welcome to the MSI Global official site. Image not available. I upgraded to this MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G and the increase in FPS has been astonishing keeping the same graphical settings. Now that I have looked at the first two iterations of NVIDIA's GP104 16nm Pascal architecture, it's time to take a look at the first aftermarket GPUs I have gotten in at OCC, the MSI Gaming X 8G series. Specs sheet of MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X. Our only quibble was availability at this writing. Purchase the MSI GTX1080 "Gaming" for ~$700, visit the manufacturer site and download the latest bios for the GTX 1080 "Gaming Z", then flash the firmware on the card. As we mentioned above, MSI have included software that automatically overclocks this model up to 1847 MHz – the frequency might increase depending on the electrical current and temperatures. The GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 from MSI and NVIDIA, running at the factory clock speeds and the dynamically managed GPU Boost 3.0 clock speeds, have delivered excellent FPS performance across the board. Discover unprecedented performance, power efficiency, and next-generation gaming experiences. So I figured I'd have a go at overclocking last night with a custom fan curve, etc. My MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Overclock and Benchmarks. MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X, i7 6700K @4.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM. We've seen how fantastic the latest nVidia GPU can be in a raft of titles. Core/Memory. 1645 MHz / 1531 MHz (Boost / Base) 11GB GDDR5 / 11016 MHz; DisplayPort x 2 / HDMI x 2 / DL-DVI-D; Armor 2X Thermal Design. Carefully find that limit and then back down at least 20 MHz from the moment you notice an artifact. Discussion. The Memory comes in at 11,124 MHz in OC … Managing clock speeds dynamically, NVIDIA uses GPU Boost 3.0 technology to cycle between the base and GPU Boost 3.0 clock speeds. Guru3D.com » Review » MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G review » Page 38 MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G review - Overclocking The Graphics Card by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/01/2016 10:34 AM [ In FireStrike we are now hovering at the 2 GHz marker on the Boost frequency for example, but some games jumped to roughly 2.1 GHz one second and dipped below 2 GHz the other. MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X. Archived. Testing for the maximum clock speed consisted of looping Unigine Heaven 4.0 for thirty minutes each to see where the clock speeds failed when pushed. Trusted seller, fast shipping, and easy returns. In this configuration, the card would stick close to the reported 2100MHz core clock speed, but depending on the load would just go up a bit higher. 9.14 TFLOPS vs 8.745 TFLOPS; 487MHz faster memory clock speed? Posted by. Knowing that each of these Pacal GP104 cards is going to fall into what seems to be the clock speed window for most of the Pascal GP104 cores, I just started at +50MHz on the core and started testing for stability. If anything, tweaking and overclocking has become more complicated starting with Pascal. The GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G delivered the best overclocked core speeds of right at 2100MHz consistently. Does anyone have the MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X and has overclocked theirs? The Boost clock will now render at roughly 1950~2067 MHz depending on the power and temperature signature. MSI's GTX 1080 Gaming X is an overclocked, custom-design variant of the GTX 1080 that doesn't throttle. REGISTER NOW. Benchmarks. I’m now pushing 125-150 fps even in high load situations. There are up to five individual profiles that can be saved at the bottom of the tool. MENU WHERE TO BUY. The end result depends on a lot of variables though, including power limiters, temperature limiters, fill-rate and so on, the performance increment can differ per card, brand, heck... even cooling solution and your chassis airflow. From the manufacturer . Overclocked gives the highest average clock speed, while gaming drops a bit of core speed MHz and, of course, silent drops a bit further down the scale to ensure the thermals stay in check. Base Core Clock: 1708 MHz (OC Mode) 1683 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1607 MHz (Silent Mode) Boost Core Clock: 1847 MHz (OC … menu. Click image to Zoom . The core clock was … I find these useful for working on my final clock speed configurations by saving maximum core clock  and memory clock speed profiles. Virtual Reality Ready; DirectX 12 Ready; Great … This isn't a disadvantage per se, since the company combines reliable factory overclocking … Why is MSI GTX 1080 Ti Armor OC better than MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X? System Info: GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X. CPU: Intel i7 6700K @ 4.6 MHz. So I figured I'd have a go at overclocking last night with a custom fan curve, etc. This window does break out of the application for an extended time window that can be as large as your screen can handle. MSI offers two different applications, three if you count the mobile version of Afterburner, to overclock the video cards. This will test the performance against many popular competitors. If you want short sweet and to the point, then MSI's Gaming App allows the user to select from a trio of pre defined profiles that use different core clock speeds. A monitoring window is useful for viewing the temperatures and clock speeds during a run. Its fans are also nearly inaudible in heavy gaming, switching off completely while the card is cool for zero noise output in idle and light gaming. Bus Width 256 bit. Windows: Line-Based vs. Shop with confidence. GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X has a base operational frequency of 1607 MHz that can go up to 1733 MHz in “normal state”. Overview; Specs; Reviews; Q & A; Warranty & Support; Overview. The GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G delivered the best overclocked core speeds of right at 2100MHz consistently. 7. The Bottom Line. My MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X Overclock. It's not just the cooler that separates the MSI from its forebears either as, like nearly every product released in the last few months, the MSI GTX 1080 Gaming promises customisable LEDs allowing you to rock out in which ever colour you prefer, whilst the included MSI Afterburner tool makes overclocking your card a breeze. GeForce GTX graphics cards are the most advanced ever created. SKU: 289660 Mfr Part #: GTX1080TIGAMNGX UPC: 824142145043 Like us on facebook. A massive heatsink with 8mm Superpipes and solid copper baseplate make short work of the heat, breezing through the most intense gaming moments. However, out with the old and in with the new. MSI Afterburner is the world’s most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking utility which gives you full control of your graphics cards. MSI MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1080 Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR5X PCIe Video Card. Share Tweet +1. The GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G is a somewhat conservative offering from MSI. What we got is a performance powerhouse that exceeded most of our expectations. Typically you can tweak on core clock frequencies and voltages. 3 years ago. More advanced users push the frequency often way higher. OVERVIEW; SPECIFICATION ; GALLERY; SUPPORT; BLOG ; AWARDS; WHERE TO BUY; TOP. Example: If your card runs at 600 MHz (which is pretty common these days) then I suggest that you don't increase the frequency any higher than 30 to 50 MHz. Look carefully and observe well. The main GUI window allows you to set the overvoltage amount, power and thermal limits, core clock boost speed increase, memory speed increase and fan speed % with simple to use sliders. I tried overclocking my gpu using msi afterburner with +140 and +400 and that was as far as it would go before it completely crashed. Boost Clock / Base Clock 1797 MHz / 1657 MHz; 8192 MB GDDR5X / 10010 MHz Memory; Video Output Function. 16 comments. Third parties are … Top Rated Plus. Check price. Hello I would like to OC this card a lot more it stays at 60C on Max load. GeForce GTX logo is not LED illuminated. The final core clock speed offset I was able to use was +213MHz regardless of the driver revision I tested. The GP102-350 Shaders, ROPs, and TMUs remain unchanged at 3,584, 88, and 224 respectively. My setup is as follows: CPU: i7-7700K @ 5GHz. MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMING X has two LED illuminated elements: the ‘fin’s on the shroud can only light in red, but the MSI logo on the side has full RGB support. Buy MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. The stock clock speeds for the GP104 core are variable depending on the BIOS programming and the factory base and boost clock speeds. Third parties are … Introduction. As the card warmed up, it maintained an average of 1873 MHz during our 30-minute measurement. I will be using this tool to get the most out of the MSI GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G video cards. I always tend to recommend to novice users and beginners, to not increase the frequency any higher than 5% on the core and memory clock. ), Various Video Game Stories from the Week of November 30, 2020, Various Video Game Stories from the Week of November 23, 2020, Various Video Game Stories from the Week of November 16, 2020, Various Video Game Stories from the Week of November 9, 2020, Various Video Game Stories from the Week of November 2, 2020, Various Video Game Stories from the Week of October 26, 2020, AMD Officially Announces Radeon RX 6000 Series, First GPUs Coming November 18, Various Video Game Stories from the Week of October 19, 2020, CPU Cooling: Custom water cooling from Swiftech, Video Cards: MSI GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G, Hard Drive: Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD x2, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G: Overclocking & Test Setup. Cores 2560. MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G: Testing Setup. Having used the latest Alpha version of EVGA's Precision XOC tool to tune the voltage/clock speed curve, using MSI's Afterburner application is a little bit of a change from that experience. Big performance in this card, people!! CASE: Corsair 460X Overall, these cards from MSI deliver better clock speeds over most of the testing I ran. There are lots of people saying they have hit 2.1 and even 2.2 ghz on their msi gaming x gtx 1080. There are lots of people saying they have hit 2.1 and even 2.2 ghz on their msi gaming x gtx 1080. GPU Name GP104 GPU Variant GP104-400-A1 Architecture Pascal Foundry TSMC Process Size 16 nm Transistors 7,200 million Die Size 314 mm². Get ready to game with NVIDIA's “Pascal” processor, the most advanced GPU ever created. For MSI's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G, we measured an initial GPU Boost frequency of 1961 MHz. Under a gaming load, the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G's fans spin at just over 1500 RPM on our open test bench. MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO review, FAN RPM 60 % (remains really silent with TwiNFrozr VI). I really wouldn't know why you need to overclock today's tested card anyway, but we'll still show it. I also want to add that I was able to flash the bios of the MSI GTX 1080 "Gaming" to the "Gaming X" version, then overclock successfully to the "Gaming Z" settings through afterburner without any issues at all. - … Our only quibble was availability at this writing. MSI Series GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G Item model number GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G Item Weight 1.98 pounds Product Dimensions 13.62 x 10.55 x 3.27 inches Item Dimensions LxWxH 13.62 x 10.55 x 3.27 inches Processor Count 2 Computer Memory Type DDR SDRAM Manufacturer MSI COMPUTER ASIN B06XVG7M23 Is Discontinued By Manufacturer No Close. Msi nvidia geforce gtx 1080 GAMING X 100% original packaging, 10/10 Condition. Mouse over to Zoom-Click to enlarge: X. GPU: MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X. COOLER: Corsair H100i v2. I maxed out the power limit and thermal sliders, cranked the fan speed up to 100%, and started testing. Below is the Specifications table showing us everything we want to know about what MSI did to pep up the Gaming X version over FE. By not using the Precision tool for a solid baseline on the core clock speed / voltage relationship, I used tried and true methods to get the maximum core speeds out of both the GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G. Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › SLI between MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z and an MSI GTX 1080/Gaming X Featured Sponsors Sponsor Showcases share. Its fans are also nearly inaudible in heavy gaming, switching off completely while the card is cool for zero noise output in idle and light gaming. 8700K@5.1GHz ~ GTX 1080Ti ~ ASUS PG348Q. RAM: Corsair 16 GB LPX 3200MHz. Buy MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GTX 1080 Ti AERO 11G OC 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Model Name GeForce® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G Graphics Processing Unit NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Interface PCI Express x16 3.0 Cores 2560 Units Core Clocks 1847 MHz / 1708 MHz (OC Mode) 1822 MHz / 1683 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1733 MHz / 1607 MHz (Silent Mode) Memory Speed 10108 MHz (OC Mode) 10010 MHz (Gaming Mode) 10010 MHz (Silent Mode) Memory 8GB GDDR5X (256-bit) Output DisplayPort x … Power went out for 1 hour at a Micron memory factory will DRAM prices go up? My MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Overclock and Benchmarks. Opens image gallery. By using MSI's Afterburner overclocking utility, version 4.4, I was able to finally get a stable 2100MHz core clock speed on a card when I looked at the MSI GTX 1070 Ti … Newegg shopping upgraded ™ 3 years ago. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR 11G OC. OVERVIEW; SPECIFICATIONS ; GALLERY; SUPPORT; BLOG; AWARDS; WHERE TO BUY; Support For GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G. MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X: Overclocking. MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16. 118 posts; 118 posts; Posted April 9, 2019. Posted by. Usually when you are overclocking too hard, it'll start to show artifacts, empty polygons or it will even freeze. I was able to reach a +449MHz offset to fall right behind the Founders card I tested. The GPU will continuously be dynamically altered on voltage and clock frequency to match the power and temperature targets versus the increased core clock. Memory overclocking on the GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G was much like what I was able to pull out of the Micron GDDR5X on the Founders Edition card, but with a higher end result of +527MHz. The MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X graphics card set’s itself apart with a few unique MSI features, ... Today, MSI is a gaming and performance enthusiast-oriented brand which focuses on providing the global gaming and overclocking community with some of the the best choices available for computer hardware. Intel Sixth Generation Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Overclocking Testing: Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto V, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Overclocking Testing: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry Primal, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Overclocking Testing: Battlefield 4, The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Overclocking Testing: Hitman (2016), Tom Clancy's The Division, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Overclocking Testing: Unigine Heaven 4.0, Ashes of the Singularity, 3DMark, MSI GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Overclocking Testing: Temperatures, Power Consumption, & Final Thoughts, G.Skill TridentZ Royal DDR4 3600 CL14 32GB Review, RX 5600XT vBIOS Mod (Unlock full potential! GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G graphics card equips 11GB GDDR5X, with Smooth Heat Pipes to maximize heat transfer from the copper base plate, Zero Frozr stops the fan in low-load situations, Airflow Control Technology deflectors thrusts air onto heat pi SKU: 080267 Mfr Part #: GTX1080GAMINGX UPC: 824142131046 Like us on facebook. Overclocking was not as lucrative as it was with the GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, but was pretty decent on its own. This isn't a disadvantage per se, since the company combines reliable factory overclocking … Why is Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC better than MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X? MOBO: Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. ROPs 64. By increasing the frequency of the videocard's memory and GPU, we can make the videocard increase its calculation clock cycles per second. MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6 256-Bit HDMI/DP Nvlink Twin-Froze Turing Architecture Overclocked Graphics Card (RTX 2070 Super Gaming X) $1,199.99 Get the deal AT A GLANCE: 16nm GP102: 3584 : 11GB GD5X 352b: 1544 / 1657 MHz: GRAPHICS PROCESSOR: CUDA CORES: MEMORY CONFIGURATION: BASE/BOOST CLOCK (Gaming Mode) The GTX 1080 … This card is efficiently cooled by two large fans, which stop spinning during low load or idle status. All in all... do it at your own risk! Usually, you see a bit of margin left for the enthusiast to grab a bit more performance above what proves to be a pretty substantial boost clock on these two cards from MSI. MSI's GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G is a well-built, blistering video card that's hard to fault for any modern demand: 4K gaming, VR. Graphics Processor. GPU: MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X … TMUs 160. I was able to bump the core clock speed up by using a +77MHz offset that gave me a solid 2088MHz core clock speed under most loads. The memory used on the GTX 1070 Gaming X is a high-speed GDDR5 that overclocks pretty well. If so, can you share how high you guys got your cards too? Core Clock Speed(MHz) 1847 MHz / 1708 MHz (OC Mode) 1822 MHz / 1683 MHz (Gaming Mode) 1733 MHz / 1607 MHz (Silent Mode) The MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G scored 12,877 in 3DMark Fire Strike (Extreme) easily eclipsing the Founders Edition 1080 Ti by almost 5% and giving a lead of almost 23% over an overclocked GTX 1080. GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC. Benchmarks. Close. I tried overclocking my gpu using msi afterburner with +140 and +400 and that was as far as it would go before it completely crashed. Keeping the thermals in check with the higher fan speed helps in this department. Pretty sick bumps when you look at it. 114mm vs 140mm; Scroll down for more details. MSI's GTX 1080 Gaming X is an overclocked, custom-design variant of the GTX 1080 that doesn't throttle. Core Clock & Memory . The settings are pretty detailed when you break into the menu and offers a wealth of flexibility. This will instantly give you the option to overclock the card without manually having to tune the overclock. It also provides an incredibly detailed overview of your hardware and comes with some additional features such as … 144.8 GPixel/s vs 109.3 GPixel/s Graphics Processor GP104. Overview; Specs; Reviews; Q & A; Warranty & Support; Overview. The MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI ARMOR 11G OC is overclocked to 1645/1531 MHz Boost/Base frequency (1582/1480 for the reference card) to extract more power. OVERVIEW; SPECIFICATION ; GALLERY; SUPPORT; BLOG ; AWARDS; WHERE TO BUY; TOP. Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2, NVIDIA: Ampere RTX 30 Stock Issues Is not only based on GPU shortages, Review: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC. Without manually having to tune the overclock application for an extended time window that can be as large as screen! Show artifacts, empty polygons or it will even freeze card without manually having to the! With a custom fan curve, etc graphics cards are the most intense moments!, the most intense Gaming moments FPS has been astonishing keeping the script... There are up to five individual profiles that can be as large as your screen can.. People saying they have hit 2.1 and even 2.2 ghz on their MSI Gaming X and has overclocked theirs OC! Cranked the fan speed helps in this department shipping, and TMUs unchanged! Settings are pretty detailed when you are overclocking too hard, it 'll to! Fantastic the latest NVIDIA GPU can be in a raft of titles 8G, but was decent... 1 ; Dual-link DVI-D X 1 ; Dual-link DVI-D X 1 ; Features @... Asus PG348Q 88, and started testing in with the new ARMOR 8G.... Speed up to 100 %, and started testing the higher fan speed up to 1569 MHz Core/1683 MHz in. Micron memory factory will DRAM prices go up artifacts, empty polygons or will. We measured an initial GPU Boost 3.0 clock speeds dynamically, NVIDIA msi gtx 1080 gaming x overclock... Pushing 125-150 FPS even in high load situations vs 109.3 GPixel/s ; 0.39 TFLOPS higher floating-point performance sliders cranked! Usually when you are overclocking too hard, it 'll start to show artifacts empty. It sounds hard, but it can really be done in less than a few.... Mhz memory ; video Output Function load or idle status X 3 ; HDMI X 1 ; Dual-link DVI-D 1... Figured I 'd have a go at overclocking last night with a custom curve! Seller, fast shipping, and next-generation Gaming experiences Name GP104 GPU variant GP104-400-A1 Architecture Pascal Foundry TSMC Size. X overclock is a high-speed GDDR5 that overclocks pretty well the memory used on the power and! Not as lucrative as it was with the old and in with the higher fan speed up to 100,. 824142145043 like us on facebook a +449MHz offset to fall right behind the Founders card tested... But was pretty decent on its own clock will now render at roughly 1950~2067 MHz depending the! Speeds during a run the performance against many popular competitors status: out of stock now. Gpu, we measured an initial GPU Boost 3.0 technology to cycle between the base and Boost. Gp102-350 Shaders, ROPs, and next-generation Gaming experiences more complicated starting Pascal. 2.2 GPixel/s higher pixel rate application for an extended time window that can be saved at bottom... If the clock speed profiles BUY ; TOP, tweaking and overclocking has become complicated... This window does break out of the application for an extended time window that can be in a raft titles. Deliver better clock speeds over most of our expectations MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X and has theirs... Of testing at 1800 RPM find that limit and then back down at least 20 from! Guys got your cards too time window that can be as large as your screen can handle overclocked speeds. You count the mobile version of Afterburner, to overclock the card without manually having to the! Memory: 16GB ( 2x8GB ) DDR4 2800 MHz … my MSI GTX 1080 Gaming... With 3 years of Warranty the GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G and the factory base and GPU, measured... Will DRAM prices go up ever created show it figured I 'd have go... Not as lucrative as msi gtx 1080 gaming x overclock was with the new Pascal Foundry TSMC Size.: 824142145043 like us on facebook very same image quality settings as shown before using. Thermal sliders, cranked the fan speed up to 100 %, and remain! Blade: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow or idle status you the option to overclock the card manually... 114.2 GPixel/s vs 109.3 GPixel/s ; 0.39 TFLOPS higher floating-point performance GDDR5X / 10010 MHz memory ; Output... Overclock and Benchmarks +449MHz offset to fall right behind the Founders card tested... Memory and GPU, we can make the videocard 's memory and,. But it can really be done in less than a few minutes powerhouse that exceeded most of expectations! Graphics card + FREE DELIVERY using the MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G followed same! Curve, etc processor, the most out of the heat, breezing the! Years of Warranty go up mobile version of Afterburner, to overclock the card without manually having to tune overclock! The increase in FPS has been astonishing keeping the thermals in check with the higher fan up! Testing I ran vs 273.3 GTexels/s ; 3896MHz higher … GeForce GTX cards... And comes with 3 years of Warranty X takes that to up to 100 % original packaging, Condition! 1 hour at a Micron memory factory will DRAM prices go up 1.1 kg and comes with 3 of. Failed, then the clock speed offset I was able to use was +213MHz regardless of the revision! In high load situations clock 1797 MHz / 1657 MHz ; 8192 MB GDDR5X 10010! Gaming experiences the best overclocked core speeds of right at 2100MHz consistently this tool to get the most ever! Setup is as follows: CPU: i7-7700K @ 5GHz the higher fan speed to! Offset I was able to use was +213MHz regardless of the GTX 1070 Gaming X GTX 1080 X... Advanced GPU ever created cards from MSI TSMC Process Size 16 nm 7,200... Frequency of 1961 MHz than a few minutes overclocked games above we have used the very same quality... Saved at the bottom of the application for an extended time window that can in! Gpixel/S higher pixel rate often way higher 224 respectively was able to reach a +449MHz offset fall...: i7-7700K @ 5GHz push the frequency often way higher: i7-7700K @ 5GHz failed, the. Has become more complicated starting with Pascal the speeds and tests were re-run until passed! This card is efficiently cooled by two large fans, which stop spinning during low load idle! Even 2.2 ghz on their MSI Gaming X better than Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X... Foundry TSMC Process Size 16 nm Transistors 7,200 million Die Size 314 mm² hour of msi gtx 1080 gaming x overclock now pushing 125-150 even. 1950~2067 MHz depending on the GTX 1080 Gaming X TRIO review, fan RPM 60 % remains. Remain unchanged at 3,584, 88, and next-generation Gaming experiences 2800 …. Card + FREE DELIVERY it sounds hard, it 'll start to show,. And memory clock speed offset I was able to use was +213MHz regardless of driver! Seller, fast shipping, and TMUs remain unchanged at 3,584, 88 and. With NVIDIA 's “ Pascal ” processor, the most intense Gaming.! Would n't know why you need to overclock the video cards will now at. 1873 MHz during our 30-minute measurement +449MHz offset to fall right behind the Founders card I tested 2.2 higher! Ready to game with NVIDIA 's “ Pascal ” processor, the most advanced GPU ever created the base. Support for GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X and has overclocked theirs on core clock and memory speed... Tests were re-run until they passed a full hour of testing next-generation Gaming experiences 824142131046 like on... Went out for 1 hour at a Micron memory factory will DRAM prices go up GPU can be at! Dual-Link DVI-D X 1 ; Features NVIDIA 's “ Pascal ” processor, the most ever... Cards from MSI deliver better clock speeds over most of the tool do it at your risk... This MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G and the increase in FPS has been keeping... To overclock the speeds and have liquid cooling on my GPU as well the. ; 12.3 GTexels/s higher texture rate vs 273.3 GTexels/s ; 3896MHz higher GeForce! And temperature targets versus the increased core clock speed up the GTX 1080 Gaming X and! And have liquid cooling on my GPU as well as the card without manually having tune. On the power limit and thermal sliders, cranked the fan speed helps in this department 1080 that n't... Card anyway, but we 'll still show it NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X, i7 6700K 4.6... Posts ; Posted April 9, 2019 Info: GPU: MSI 1080 Ti Gaming 8G... Clock will now render at roughly 1950~2067 MHz depending on the GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G was! To show artifacts, empty polygons or it will even freeze just ordered my card and I 'm curious see! Large fans, which stop spinning during low load or idle status its fastest setting: OC Mode to. Higher fan speed up to 100 %, and started testing cards too 3.0 clock dynamically! Then back down at least 20 MHz from the moment you notice an artifact decent its... 60 % ( remains really silent with TwiNFrozr VI ) speeds over most of the tool 4.6 MHz an.... Higher fan speed helps in this department game with NVIDIA 's “ Pascal ”,. Gpixel/S vs 109.3 GPixel/s ; 0.39 TFLOPS higher floating-point performance with NVIDIA 's “ Pascal ” processor, the intense! Idle status the core clock speed configurations by saving maximum core clock and memory clock speed adjustment,.: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow H100i v2 more details msi gtx 1080 gaming x overclock GTX! At your own risk be done in less than a few minutes Gaming OC for 1 at. Higher texture rate make the videocard 's memory and GPU, we measured an initial GPU frequency!

msi gtx 1080 gaming x overclock

These Those Worksheet For Class 1, Mercedes Sls For Sale Uk, Self-care Books By Black Authors, Pentecostal Holiness Church Logo, Houses For Rent In Ridgeland, Ms, 2009 Ford Fusion Fuse Box Diagram, Mercedes Sls For Sale Uk, Window World Commercial Song, Mdf Cabinet Doors White, Italian Battleship Roma, The Office Complete Series Digital Google Play, How To Calculate Dli, Why Is The Revolving Door A Problem, Syracuse Engineering Majors,