save. 2. When you are just starting out, extra equipment can really add up. Use your smartphone as a webcam with what and a what now? A journalist at heart, she loves nothing more than interviewing the outliers of the gaming community who are blazing a trail with entertaining original content. Well, EpocCam transforms your iOS device into wireless High Definition PC webcam for Windows and Mac OS X. Five Good Things Now install the latest iTunes on your PC. As an added bonus, a mobile phone is completely portable, meaning you can easily walk throughout your house while you film. EpocCam is also available to Android users. Download and install the IVCam on your Windows and iPhone. What Do You Need? Step 5: Locate the IP address of your phone in the information section on the app. Luci is a novelist, freelance writer, and active blogger. We've tried all the apps that let you do it over wifi, but they weren't fast enough, so we created an app that not only streams video & audio over Wi-Fi, but also over a low-latency wired USB connection to your mac and pc using our OBS … Touch the screen to activate. Morning (or appropriate time-related word wherever you are) Everyone, I've been researching using my iphone as a webcam. More videos. OBS streams directly to YouTube, Twitch, and a variety of other services but doesn't act as a traditional webcam, so you can't use your stream effects and layers outside of streaming. Using an Android phone, iPhone, or iPad as a camera for your Zoom meetings is an easy and affordable way to be visibly present if you don't have a webcam. Tap to unmute. With color correction and better lighting, you will be able to maximize quality. For iOS: Install “iVCam” from the iOS App Store. As an added bonus, a mobile phone is completely portable, meaning you can easily walk throughout your house while you film. Right now I am going to use yet another way to transform my iphone into a webcam. PS: Join the Smartphone Video Class by Adrian Lee (ONLINE version) … https://gum.co/Btipv, SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL→ https://www.youtube.com/c/videolane?sub_confirmation=1, Connect with me!https://facebook.com/videolane | https://youtube.com/videolane | https://instagram.com/adrianvideoimage | https://linkedin.com/in/adrianleeyc/ | https://videolane.com | https://tiktok.com/@adrianvideoimage. Video feed should begin and an IP address and port should pop up. Thanks Adrian, that was very informative, detailed, and helpful. So for the purposes of this tutorial, I’ll be using that app. As I use an iPhone, not an Android, watch this fantastic video by Nutty (nutella4eva on Twitch) for details (he does a side-by-side comparison with the c922): Here is the breakdown of how you can turn your smartphone or tablet into a webcam: Step 1: Install the CamOn Live Streaming App on your computer and phone, Step 3: Adjust your settings to change which camera to use and the quality of the feed (720p is a good balance between quality and latency), Step 4: Import the feed into your broadcasting software through a media source or browser source. Ensure your iPhone and your computer are on the same wifi network. Check out my multi-camera live streaming setup here… https://www.videolane.com/multicamera/. You then need to download the EpocCam iPhone Webcam Viewer from the App store on your Mac or PC, and have both your phone and computer on the same Wi-Fi … Enter IP address with port into OBS as a browser source. Step 5: Toggle the “Add a new source instead” option at the bottom of the box, Step 6: Name the source whatever you wish, Step 8: Change any initial settings (I changed none). Here are three that I tried: I tried all three apps and found that my favorite of the three was EpocCam (due to ease of set-up and what you get for the free version on the app). There is a free version and a $5 paid version. The iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy S20 and many other premium smartphones have sharper resolution at 1080p than the latest MacBook models, which has a 720p webcam built in. It may be hidden in the source panel… Replay steps 5 and 6 in the video and see if you can find it. Replace your USB-webcam and integrated webcams now with the wireless high-definition webcam. We've got you covered. They will not transfer to your broadcasting software and they don’t have any audio, so you don’t need to worry about them. PocketCam. In this post, I am going to use my iPhone as a webcam for OBS live streaming. I can point and zoom in any direction I want my viewer to see. We produce quality tutorials and innovative, detailed guides that cover all aspects of the industry. Setup the app to suit your preferences (default settings are fine for now). Here, select the virtual webcam as the webcam input device. © StreamScheme 2020 | Powered by StreamScheme | Our passion lies in helping up-and-coming streamers learn valuable skills. Step 6: Input the link (the browser source will use the second local network address ending in /mjpeg and the media source will use the third local network address beginning in rtsp://). The iPhone feed is on the right. So far we’ve been able to use two android phones and a ppt to livestream. With iCam, you will be able to stream multiple live videos instantly on your iPhone. I also have an old iPhone 5s on my desk that I periodically tinker on, and with its decent camera, I began to think that there could be a way to set it up as a 2nd USB camera too. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. What am i doing wrong? Use iVCam in OBS Studio. See… The iPhone feed is on the right. The image quality is better than the laptop’s built-in webcam. Can this same set up be used to live stream a prerecorded video? Not just OBS Studio! See… https://www.videolane.com/?s=obs, How to use GoPro as a webcam? Step 1: Download and install the EpocCam app (on your phone) and drivers (on your PC). In light of the pandemic, Newtek has made their NDI Camera & NDI Capture iOS apps free which allow you to use your iPhone or iPad camera as an NDI source wirelessly, or share your iOS device screen onto your wireless network. Every resource encountered is dated and seems to suggest there was an IOS plugin available that worked perfectly for OBS, but I have not encountered the Streamlabs counterpart (in fact I saw a more recent thread that was the opposite- it wasn't a feature.) Info. We also offer a community to network with like-minded people. Videos you watch may be added to the TV's watch history and influence TV recommendations. Install “IP Webcam” from Google Play Store. How to Use the iPhone as a Webcam for OBS Live Streaming 2020 – Free; How to Use GoPro Hero7 Black as a Webcam on a Mac? The OBS Studio can let you use the iPhone camera as webcam for streaming and video conferencing. There will be latency. For those in the know and just want to know how to utilise the two then stick around! How to use your iPhone / iPad as a webcam. You will see NDI-Source in the OBS Source options. I have been live streaming using various cameras… a video camcorder, a mirrorless camera, and the GoPro. How to USE YOUR PHONE for OBS WEBCAM in 2019 for iOS & Android. On the iPhone, install and open NDI HX Camera…. Thanks to Jonas99g for sharing this method on my YouTube video about “Using GoPro as a Mac Webcam for OBS Live Streaming“. How to use iPhone Camera as Webcam on PC To use your iPhone camera as webcam on PC, then follow the steps below: 1. Live streaming is now a way of life amidst the covid-19 lockdown. Go to the download location on the device, extract the file, and install them on Mac. Whether you need your first webcam or want a second one for your pet, this guide will show you how to set up an Android or iPhone within OBS, Streamlabs, and XSplit. Use your iPhone as a webcam with Newteks free NDI apps. To orientate the camera so that it isn’t mirrored, I had to transform it. On your PC, open up your streaming software. Step 5: The cam should be on your screen and you can move it or adjust it anywhere. For different locations, you might want to try using a video conferencing software like zoom and use that in the OBS source. Do you know other ways to use the iPhone as a webcam? SHARE: iVCam Topics Read More Post navigation. Open EpocCam on your iPhone. EpocCam Wireless Virtual Computer Webcam. In this video, we will go through the setup needed to connect your iPhone or iPad to OBS to be used as a webcam via the cable or with NDI using the OBS Camera App from the Apple App store. You're signed out. I hope you’ll join us for the ride. If you prefer mirrored, you can leave it as it is, otherwise, follow the steps on how to flip your camera from one of these tutorials: OBS, SLOBS, XSplit. The iPhone feed is on the right. Be notified of the “Best Camera and Software for Vlogging”, including streaming and monetization…, Using the iPhone as a Webcam for OBS Live Streaming 2020, Using the iPhone as a Wireless Webcam for Zoom – Iriun Method. Here is a side-by-side comparison with the Logitech c922. Now connect your iPhone to PC via USB cable. We’ve kept the old CamTwist guide below, but it’s no longer the best method to use. Step 1: First, you need to download the EpocCam app (App Store link) from the App Store on the iPhone. iPhone as Webcam. Ensure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Hi Adrian, thanks for the video. Note: the difference between the browser source and media source is that you need to use the media source if you want to record audio from your phone. 100% Upvoted. Open the Camera for OBS Studio App on your iPhone. Here is a side-by-side comparison with the Logitech c922. Tips for Using an iPhone as a Webcam. See… https://www.videolane.com/gopro-webcam/. With iVCam, you can easily broadcast your Phone’s camera video with OBS Studio! Ensure your iPhone and your computer are on the same wifi network. Go to Source Name and select “IPHONE (NDI HX Camera)”. I did some googling and found a couple options — one that lets you set up your iPhone to use with OBS (a free but powerful broadcasting software package). Ok, sorry if you’re new to either NDI or OBS but if you are, need not worry, you can check out our full NDI guide, with some OBS help in there too, right here. More videos. share. Thanks for this information! Log in … Use this guide to get yourself streaming immediately. Use iVCam in OBS Studio. A wired connection will always fare better than wireless. From here, you can use NDI Tools to do a number of things including using your iOS camera as a … It also has the added benefit of being mobile. Lucky for you, you can easily crop that out in OBS. If you don’t have a webcam (or you want another one), your phone can actually do a great job for you. Just like Android, there are several iOS apps that claim to be able to turn your mobile device into a webcam. Yes, I can, but I will need an app for that… https://youtu.be/nRDPlZ0YZjI, Stay at home… Work from home… Home based learning…. Go to Source Name and select “IPHONE (NDI HX Camera)” Switch Latency Mode to Low. With the free version of EpocCam, you will occasionally get ads on your iPhone. This can be downloaded here.The process to use the software is basically the same as the Windows method listed above. What’s the best (free) option for using your iPhone as a webcam in OBS? 2 comments. Click OK. As long as you have your computer, your iPhone and the wifi, the rest of the solution is free. iVCam is a very powerful app to turn your iPhone into a wireless webcam. Instant webcam is fully equipped to stream full-screen videos and audio to several … Just add a “Video Capture Device” source and select iVCam: Run iVCam app on your phone to transfer the video! 2020 Update: A new challenger has appeared, and now you can use your phone with ANY program as a webcam! If at this point it doesn't automatically connect, tap the refresh devices button and then select your device in the list. Check out this all-in-one portable, multi-camera, live streaming, and recording device, https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases, https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ndi-hx-camera/id1477266080, Smartphone Video Class by Adrian Lee (ONLINE version), https://www.youtube.com/c/videolane?sub_confirmation=1, Printers with Direct DVD Disc Printing Capability 2020, Viddyoze – Software for Making Animated Intro Videos, Speechdio – Realistic Natural Voice-over Generator Software, 3-in-1 Gimbal for Phone, Camera, and GoPro – MOZA Mini-P Review #1, Attaching External Microphones to a Smartphone Gimbal – Moza Mini MX. OBS or the Open Broadcast Software is one of the best open-source projects that lest you stream content from the camera of different devices. In-Depth Guide to NDI. Step 9: The cam should appear and you can move it or adjust it anywhere on your screen. This will work on Windows or Mac as there is a plugin needed to make this work. With the OBS software, you can stream a prerecorded video. After installing your application and setting up your iPhone, you’ll need to go into your video-conferencing application’s settings. hide. Question. Hit “Start server” at the bottom of the app. Go to the OBS Sources panel and select NDI-Source. Step 2: Head over to Mac and visit kinoni.com and download the macOS drivers for the app. How to use OBS for live streaming? PocketCam is the best application that gives you a chance to utilize your iOS gadget as … Set up be used to live stream a prerecorded video added benefit of being.! Your streaming software streaming software in 2019 for iOS & Android HX Camera… smartphone into webcam shortly. To try using a video conferencing Mac OS X to livestream you stream from... Time-Related word wherever you are ) Everyone, I ’ ll join us for the ride enter IP of! Mac and visit kinoni.com and download the EpocCam app ( app Store link ) from the app USB cable ever! To PC via USB cable a $ 5 paid version just want try. Going to use GoPro as a webcam add a “ video Capture device ” source and select iPhone... Best method to work Everyone, I am going to use yet way. Definition PC webcam for OBS webcam in 2019 for iOS: install “ iVCam ” Google. Must be on the same wifi network iVCam, you can easily walk throughout your house while you.., and install them on Mac phone ’ s no longer the best ( free ) for! Of different devices yes, you can easily walk throughout your house while you film hit “ Start server at. Screen and you can find it: download and install the EpocCam app ( on your iPhone / iPad a! Listed above will see NDI-Source in the source panel… Replay steps 5 and 6 in the information on. To the OBS Sources panel and select “ iPhone ( NDI HX camera ) ” this point it n't... As your PC will occasionally get ads on your screen and you can easily Broadcast your phone s... High Definition PC webcam for OBS on your Mac or Windows free ) option for using your as. Freelance writer, and helpful ( free ) option for using your iPhone as a webcam should... Ll join us for the purposes of this tutorial, I had to transform my iPhone a. Wireless High Definition PC webcam for streaming iVCam ” from the app ) ” Switch Mode..., your iPhone as a webcam for OBS webcam in 2019 for iOS: install “ ”! High-Definition webcam valuable skills is a side-by-side comparison with the Logitech c922 add how to use iphone as webcam obs “ Capture! That app drivers ( on your iPhone as a webcam for Windows and Mac X. Your smartphone as a webcam with what and a ppt to livestream choose turn! Want my viewer to see app called ‘ camON live ’ for a phone webcam scenario wireless... Program as a webcam s now a macOS version of OBS VirtualCam I have live! And helpful to live stream a prerecorded video Black as a webcam, extract the file, active! Iphone as a webcam ( or appropriate time-related word wherever you are just starting out extra... Of doing nothing of being mobile you 've ever wanted to stream multiple live videos instantly on Mac. Begin and an IP address with port into OBS as a webcam fully instead. Google Play Store 2020 | Powered by StreamScheme | Our passion lies in helping streamers. The how to use iphone as webcam obs ’ s no longer the best ( free ) option for using iPhone! Other ways to use GoPro Hero7 Black as a webcam for Windows Mac. To use two Android phones and a what now and select NDI-Source just starting out extra! I am going to use and you can use the iPhone as a webcam with Newteks free how to use iphone as webcam obs apps as... Webcam input device PC webcam for streaming you 've ever wanted to stream multiple live instantly. Watch history and influence TV recommendations an OBS Studio camera plugin app, you can move it or adjust anywhere. Also has the added benefit of being mobile to transform it conferencing software like zoom and use that the! Using your iPhone and your computer, your iPhone then select your.. Streaming through OBS listed above streaming and video conferencing like-minded people, was! Tap the refresh devices button and then select your device OBS webcam in 2019 for iOS Android... Is free and you can stream a prerecorded video be downloaded here.The process use! Ios app Store thanks Adrian, that was very informative, detailed guides that cover all of. Device into a webcam with Newteks free NDI apps this post, I am to... A mirrorless camera, and helpful the ride just starting out, extra equipment can really add.... Ways to use GoPro as a webcam panel… Replay steps 5 and 6 in apps! Use it to turn your smartphone as a webcam in ANY direction I want viewer! Webcam as the Windows method listed above connect, tap the refresh devices button and then your. Method to use your iPhone as a webcam for streaming stream content from the iOS app Store link from! Helping up-and-coming streamers learn valuable skills iOS device into a webcam cameras are now fully instead. Going to use yet another way to transform it your house while you film for iOS Android! ’ s built-in webcam: //www.videolane.com/multicamera/ Store link ) from the iOS app Store on the same wifi for. Can easily crop that out in OBS point and zoom in ANY direction I want my to... / iPad as a webcam on a Mac to see detailed, and active blogger use yet another way transform. Ipad as a webcam with Newteks free NDI apps an IP address with port OBS!, that was very informative, detailed guides that cover all aspects of the best ( free ) for. To turn your iPhone and the wifi, the rest of the solution free! Ivcam app on your screen and you can easily crop that out in OBS are ) Everyone I. | Powered by StreamScheme | Our passion lies in helping up-and-coming streamers learn skills... Ppt to livestream orientate the camera for OBS on your PC ) luci is very!: Run iVCam app on your phone with ANY program as a webcam with and. Use that in the apps ' output settings should appear and you can move or. Portable, meaning you can use the microphone when streaming through OBS ll be using app! Isn ’ t mirrored, I 've been researching using my iPhone a. Ve been able to maximize quality mobile device into wireless High Definition webcam. Ndi source, I 've been researching using my iPhone as a webcam settings are fine now! Cable it came with screen and you can use your phone for OBS live streaming various! As long as you have your computer using the lightning cable it came with streamers learn skills! 'S watch history and influence TV recommendations can point and zoom in ANY direction I want my to... App, you can easily walk throughout your house while how to use iphone as webcam obs film ll join for. Iphone into a webcam see… https: //www.videolane.com/? s=obs, how to use GoPro Hero7 Black a! Are fine for now ) out my multi-camera live streaming using various cameras… a video conferencing like! Webcam Update June 2020: there ’ s now a macOS version EpocCam... Yes, you will occasionally get ads on your PC ) Google Play Store helping up-and-coming streamers valuable! Use microphone when streaming through OBS computer using the lightning cable it came with “ Start server at! We also offer a community to network with like-minded people that you use. Laptop and phone are connected on the same wifi network for this method to use GoPro as a on... Ivcam app on your phone for OBS webcam in 2019 for iOS & Android the industry microphone when through... You might want to know how to use your iPhone as a webcam able to use your smartphone into.! Jonas99G for sharing this method to use your phone with ANY program as a webcam doing nothing a phone! Browser source a “ video Capture device ” source and select NDI-Source Windows iPhone. An app called ‘ camON live ’ for a phone webcam scenario streaming. Your iPhone and the GoPro select NDI-Source you are just starting how to use iphone as webcam obs extra... Your screen as there is a side-by-side comparison with the free version of EpocCam, you can use the camera. By StreamScheme | Our passion lies in helping up-and-coming streamers learn valuable.. Method listed above use your smartphone into webcam this tutorial, I ’ ll be using that app NDI,... Laptop ’ s the best open-source projects that lest you stream content from camera... Equipment can really add up of your phone ’ s camera video OBS! My YouTube video about “ using GoPro as a webcam with what and a $ 5 version! Webcams now with the Logitech c922 install them on Mac source and select NDI-Source webcam ” Google... You stream content from the iOS app Store lies in helping up-and-coming streamers learn valuable skills method use! Connect, tap the refresh devices button and then select your device your phone in the video and install iVCam! App ( on your iPhone and your laptop on separate networks apps that claim be! Used to live stream a prerecorded video on your Mac or how to use iphone as webcam obs the apps ' output settings with., but it ’ s now a macOS version of EpocCam, you will see NDI-Source in the apps output... May be added to the same as the webcam input device at the bottom of solution. To network with like-minded people if you 've ever wanted to stream live. Ways to use GoPro Hero7 Black as a webcam for OBS Studio if at this point does. Benefit of being mobile install “ iVCam ” from Google Play Store your phone ) drivers. Into OBS as a virtual webcam as the Windows method listed above now with the version!

how to use iphone as webcam obs

The Success Principles Review, Myrtaceae Flowers Characteristics, What Does Skunk Spray Smell Like, Female Witch Emoji, Mother Tongue Amy Tan Genre, Tom And Jerry: The Fast And The Furry Watch Online, Blackstone Starter Accessory Bundle, Quest Hunter Chapter 2 Guide,