Origin of the name Daphne: Derived from the Greek daphne (a laurel or bay tree). Lv 7. Find out more about the name Daphne at BabyNames.com. In Greek mythology, Daphne was the nymph daughter of Peneus, a river god. Daphne Spell, Actress: Nikita Blues. Daphanie falls into the name categories flower, Greek myth. Nicknames for Daphne. It had a ranking of #266 then. My youngest daughter is named Daphne, Daphne Rose. Meanings and history of the name Daphne. Diodorus (iv. Name. Frederick Crane is a recurring character on Frasier, portrayed by Trevor Einhorn. D aphney as a girls' name is of Greek derivation, and the name Daphney means "laurel tree". Name. namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. My favorite is the Found: “Daphne” This is what the name “Daphne” looks like in Japanese: It is pronounced “DAFUNI”. Unsere Forschungsergebnisse für; Daphne ist Name der Passform. When I told my mother of the name choice she cried 'why on earth did you call her that, I will have to think of a pet name' but after explaining she happily calls her granddaughter by her full name - with a Greek lilt. (Consonants are pronounced more or less the same way as in English. According to Pausanias (x. DAPHNE Name Meaning. Our research results for the name of DAPHNE hasn’t been found in the Bible/Torah/Quran. Bedeutung von Daphne mit Beschreibung, Aussprache für Daphne und Herkunft vom Namen. Daphne. Mit Flexionstabellen der verschiedenen Fälle und Zeiten Aussprache und relevante Diskussionen Kostenloser Vokabeltrainer Daphne is the # ranked female name by popularity. In Greek mythology she was a nymph turned into a laurel tree by her father in order that she might escape the pursuit of Apollo. Advertisement Origin of DAPHNE Name. Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Enter a name in the form above (or leave it blank for random names) and click "get spellings" to find alternate spellings for almost any name. But everyone just calls her Daphne. He is born in 1989, in the Cheers episode The Stork Brings a Crane. The name Daphne is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "laurel tree, bay tree". Looking for the perfect name? http://www.thegreasersofhazzickflats.blogspot.com I know a Daphne. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. You can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common names. From A World of Baby Names … She derives her magical powers and spells from the sea and the five elements : Water , Fire , Earth , Air , and Quintessence . These individuals collectively are associated with 2 companies in Carson City NV, Cerritos CA, and Las Vegas NV. He loves the name. There are 2 individuals that go by the name of Daphne Spell. Origin of Daphne. Enter a name in the form above (or leave it blank for random names) and click "get spellings" to find alternate spellings for almost any name. What are the release dates for The Wonder Pets - 2006 Save the Ladybug? Daphne Moon played by Jane Leeves on the series "Frasier" To British ears the name can seem old fashioned and overly posh, like an irritating character from an Agatha Christie novel say. Girl Baby Names - Daphne - Daphne and its popularity over 100 years. DH is really pushing to name our baby girl "Daphne". Pronunciation of Daphne du Maurier with 2 audio pronunciations, 4 synonyms, 4 translations, 8 sentences and more for Daphne du Maurier. I really like this name, and I wouldn't mind being named Daphne. "A" sounds like a in father, but shorter. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? She turned out just like her name but not as quiet as I hoped! Daphne Chedderling, mother of Clarabelle Suzekie, in the internet comic blog The Greasers of Hazzick Flats. Daphney is an alternate spelling of Daphne (Greek). Anzeige Keine Kommentare Gefunden. You can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common names. Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. Show popularity chart This is an English respelling of the name Daphne, which is derived from the Greek word "daphnē" (laurel). Last year it ranked 12,407th in the U.S. Social Security Administration list of most popular baby girl names. Spelling Alphabet. Daphne Brief-Analyse: D : Nervös A : Furchtlos P : Emotional H : Liebt es zu lesen und Forschung N : Diskret E : Krieger. Find out more about the name Daphne at BabyNames.com. Practice mode. Spelling of Daphne D-A-P-H-N-E, is a 6-letter female given name. Daphne is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. This name is mostly being used as a girls name. Unique enough where she won’t be the 5th Daphne in her class (hopefully!) Random Name . Namenstage No name days known for the forename "Daphne". Daphne is a very prominent first name for females (#618 out of 4276, Top 14%) but an unusual last name for all people. You can spell it like dafane, dafne, dafanie, daphiney. In Greek mythology she was a nymph turned into a … The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. It derives from Greek mythology, where Daphne was a nymph who, when pursued by the amorous god Apollo, turned into a laurel tree to escape from him. There are different ways to spell daphne. "I" sounds like ee in meet, but shorter. (2000 U.S. The greatest number of people were given this name in 1962, when 1,132 people in the U.S. were given the name Daphne. maybe you just want to put a unique spin on a common name? Daphne means “laurel”. Daphne is a rather popular baby girl name. It's actually her middle name, her real first name is Samantha. Daphne Powell played by Kay Panabaker on the series "No Ordinary Family" The meaning of Daphne is "laurel". is a set of words used to stand for the letters of an alphabet in oral communication. Daphne, in Greek mythology, the personification of the laurel (Greek daphnē), a tree whose leaves, formed into garlands, were particularly associated with Apollo (q.v.). That is why we display the most common spelling of the name. Anzeige Ist Daphne Name Passform für Babynamen? It derives from Greek mythology, where Daphne was a … You Might Also Like... Top 50 Baby Names For March 2017. Daphne named doll, Groovy Girls. Despite it being a common name, many people still spell it wrongly. Latin spelling of Δαφνη (Daphne), a Greek name meaning 'laurel' Laurel plant Image by 'Acabashi', ... Name counts are approximate as statistics normally is not published ... No recent statistics trend found in databases for Daphne. How diverse industrial arts can benefit from the computers and internet access? See the popularity of the girl's name Daphne over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Pronunciation of Daphne PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. Both my mother and eldest daughter are called Daphne. As to why there are two versions of Daphne in Irish, one for the plant and ordinary girls’ name (daifne/Daifne) and one for the Greek mythological character (Dafnae) … níl a fhios agam . Daphne is a name of the Greek mythology. Name Daphne Definition. Daphne Name nicht in der Bibel / Koran / Thora gefunden. The name Daphne has six characters. Means "laurel" in Greek. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Daphne and its name origin or of any other name in our database. I think both names are unique and pretty. My mother dislikes her name intensely, due to merciless teasing at school (North London in the 50s), and has gone her whole life as Dee. Daphne is a very prominent first name for females (#618 out of 4276, Top 14%) but an unusual last name for all people. Try the 1 0. The name Daphne means Laurel Tree and is of Greek origin. What factors influence meal planning in a family? Hyphenate : Daph-ne daf-nee daphne DAFF-nee Daf-in. How do you think about the answers? When did organ music become associated with baseball? Even common names are often seplled in a wrong way. She also wrote the novel The Loving Spirit (1931), the travel guide Vanishing Cornwall (1967), and the story collection The Rendezvous and Other Stories (1980). Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Daphne Groeneveld, Dutch model Is it normal to have the medicine come out your nose after a tonsillectomy? 7 years ago. She always went by Dap - not Daph, Dap - which I've always thought is a cute nickname for Daphne that I've never heard any other Daphnes use. § 3) she was an Oreas and an ancient priestess of the Delphic oracle to which she had been appointed by Ge. The name Daphne is of Greek origin. Also the name does sound better with the Greek pronunciation. The name Daphne is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "laurel tree, bay tree". Alternate Name Speller Here are different ways to spell Daphne. Daphne definition is - any of a genus (Daphne) of Eurasian shrubs of the mezereon family with apetalous flowers whose colored calyx resembles a corolla. IPA] Meaning & History. Jh. The Brady Bunch Movie suggested it could work, so the animated dog planned to follow suit.Sarah Michelle Gellar has spoken before about her time as Daphne Blake, but arguably the actress' most famous revelation involved a deleted scene with Linda Cardellini. Daph, Dap, Daphy, Dappy, Dee, Affy, Ninny, Dapha, Aph, Aphni, Dafi. The address on file for this person is 17133 Stowers Ave, Cerritos, CA 90703 in Los Angeles County. Hope it helps! In Greek mythology, Daphne was the nymph daughter of Peneus, a river god. Join Facebook to connect with Daphne Spell and others you may know. But now more people recognise it. Who was prime minister after Winston Churchill? My name is Daphne, and in my experience, lots of people think of my name as French when actually it's Greek or comment that the name is pretty and old-fashioned. Daphne Rubin-Vega, Panamanian entertainer Daphne du Maurier, English novelist and playwright, daughter of actor-manager Sir Gerald du Maurier, best known for her novel Rebecca (1938). The name Daphne is in the following categories: Floral Names, Greek Mythological Names, Greek Names, Nature Names. Daphne. If I ever use the name in honour of my great aunt Daphne, I can definitely see myself using her nickname too, especially if my daughter is a spunky girl just like her. Means “laurel” in Greek. So you like the name,daphne, but you want a different spelling? Gender Feminine. Daphne DuMaurier, English author View phone numbers, addresses, public records, background check reports and possible arrest records for Daphne Spell. Mitglieder ... Daphne : Preferred spelling. How long will the footprints on the moon last? 6 letter names with similar spelling as … Carol Mackie plants are compact, rounded shrubs that mature to … It has been used as a given name in the English-speaking world since the end of the 19th century. ASSOCIATED WITH greek, laurel (tree) Variations. See Daphne for further details. It became a popular name in the English speaking world as well, during the middle ages and on. Daphanie is good for parents who want a name that is attractive and chic. What is the conflict of the story sinigang by marby villaceran? Daphne, Bloom's older sister, is the Nymph of Sirenix. Meaning of Daphne. The baby name has experienced a fall in popularity since then. Dafni or Daphne is a female Greek name whose origins are found in the ancient Greek mythology.. Dafni means “laurel” in Greek and it has been used since the antiquity. Greek Mythology Names for Girls Steeped in Legend // 72 names Mighty with power, Greek mythology names for girls have a … Daphne Oz, talk show host and author, Daphne Paloma Vasquez played by Katie Leclerc on ABC Family's series "Switched at Birth" It is derived literally from the word 'daphne' which means laurel, laurel tree. Daph, Dap, Daphy, Dappy, Dee, Affy, Ninny, Dapha, Aph, Aphni, Dafi. What Does DAPHNE Mean ? Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? Its usage peaked modestly in 1962 with 0.056% of baby girls being given the name Daphne. When did Elizabeth Berkley get a gap between her front teeth? It has been used as a given name in the English-speaking world since the end of the 19th century. A spelling alphabet, voice procedure alphabet telephone alphabet etc. Alternative Spelling Of Daphne. Click the record button to pronounce. Daphne Spell is an actress, known for Nikita Blues (2001) and Misfit Patrol (1996). Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! Name Popularity Related Names Related Ratings Comments Namesakes Name Days. She rejected every lover, … I am one of those people who like to spell names "weird" if you will. Is daphne wrong or has spelling mistakes? Lernen Sie die Übersetzung für 'daphne' in LEOs Englisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch. I credit Frasier and Scooby Doo. But my mother liked old-fashioned, traditional names, and she thought anything out of the ordinary was a "queer" name for a girl. As a teacher I wanted uncommon but not unknown names for my girls. Daphne definition is - any of a genus (Daphne) of Eurasian shrubs of the mezereon family with apetalous flowers whose colored calyx resembles a corolla. Traditionally, the special position of the laurel was connected with Apollo’s love for Daphne, the beautiful daughter of a river god (probably Ladon) who lived a pastoral existence in either Thessaly, the Peloponnese, or Syria. It is of Old Greek origin. Sign in. They are noted for their scented flowers and often brightly coloured berries.Two species are used to make paper. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Stylish yet sweet, the name is a great blend of character and flair. OTHER FORMS VIA DAPHNE Dafne, Danfy, Daph. × Close Note. Spelling Alphabet. She is Greek, and there is a tradition of naming children after grandparents. Daphne / ˈ d æ f n i / (Greek: Δάφνη "laurel") is a genus of between 70 and 95 species of deciduous and evergreen shrubs in the family Thymelaeaceae, native to Asia, Europe and north Africa. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here).We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name … Bedeutung von Daphné (Daphne) mit Beschreibung, Aussprache für Daphné (Daphne) und Herkunft vom Namen. Even though she was my great aunt, I always thought her nickname sounded young and sporty. Well, the typical, or normal, spelling would be Daphne. 79% Rating. They usually called me Dapne, Devi, Depne, something like that, and when I moved to japan, my name changed into Dafuni, which sounds so weird to me. View similar names, compare popularity for boys and girls, find origins and meanings. From our database of first names in the United States over 100 years. Here are a few possibilities: Dafnee, Dafney, Dafni, Dafnie, Dafny, Daphane, Daphaney, Daphny, Daphni, Daphnee, Daphney, Daphnie. This name is mostly being used as a girls name. From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. DEMOGRAPHICS) Daphne reached its peak position of #356 in the U.S. in the year 2014, and is presently at #383. Hyphenate : Daphne du Maur-ier Daphne du Mau-rier daphne du maurier. als Vorname in Gebrauch. Advertisement - content continues below. I know a Daphne. Daphne is a female name. According to Greek mythology, Daphne is a naiad, daughter of the River god Peneus. You can sign in to vote the answer. In England, it wasn't used until the 19th century, when floral names became popular for girls in the Victorian era. The name Daphne is ranked on the 1,414th position of the most used names. Dafna ♀ Dafne ♀ Daphna ♀ Daphne ♀ See also Dafina, Defne. Daphne is mainly used in the English and German languages. Rebecca - The 2nd wifes name? x x x. Longer Ways To Spell Daphne. Advertisement - content continues below. In the U.S. in 2018, it ranked 16,173 in baby name popularity for girls with 5 occurrences. After I named my first daughter Eliza, I never thought I would find another name as perfect as hers until I was pregnant and came across Daphne in a book. Daphanie Popularity. Koreanisch : 대프네 : Bedeutung, Herkunft und Beschreibung [Text hinzufügen] Relationen Häufigkeit Für diesen Namen sind noch keine Häufigkeitsinformationen bekannt. 5. Our research results for the name of DAPHNE hasn’t been found in the Bible/Torah/Quran. Frederick is the son of Frasier Crane and Lillith Sternin on the sitcoms Frasier and Cheers. Daphne Zuniga, American actress I like it a lot too, but am having trouble fully committing to it (I have a few other names I really like but he's not into, and we have one other potential that I'm finding myself less and less enamored with). It's actually her middle name, her real first name is Samantha. Anonymous. dap-hne, da-ph-ne] The baby girl name Daphne is pronounced in English as D AE F-Niy or in Dutch as D AA F-Nah †. [ 2 syll. Alternative spelling of Daphne. The name Daphne means "spring flower", specifically a laurel. Showing 1-50 of 86. Recording. Daphne is a Greek word which means "laurel". What are her siblings named? is a set of words used to stand for the letters of an alphabet in oral communication. 3 0. Daphne is generally used as a girl's name. CREATIVE FORMS (female) Name Daphne Categories. Whitepages people search is the most trusted directory. Daphne, in Greek mythology, the personification of the laurel (Greek daphnē), a tree whose leaves, formed into garlands, were particularly associated with Apollo (q.v.). French Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in France 2014. Save. DAPHNE (Daphnê), a fair maiden who is mixed up with various traditions about Apollo. VARIANTS Daphnie, Daphna, Dafnie, Dafneigh, Dafnee, Dafna. Wenn sich zwei Mädchen mit dem Namen Daphne treffen.....dann ist das schon etwas Besonderes.Denn in Deutschland ist der Name Daphne vergleichweise selten. Daphne Blake from the animated series "Scooby Doo" Daphne is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. She escaped from the attentions of Apollo by being transformed into a laurel tree. my daughter as well is a Dafne, when i heard it i knew my daughter will be named Dafne, I never get bored of it, I sometimes call her Dafi, or Dafinuţa, is pretty unique for me cause I didn't watch scooby doo never,and I didn't wanted it to pe so English, I wanted it to be easy to read and spell for people in my country and my husband's name stat with F so I wanted to have the letter F in her name from my husband's name...weird isn't it?:)). Daphanie has no variant spellings. My great aunt was named Daphne, she was my mother's favourite aunt and they were very close. She escaped from the attentions of Apollo by being transformed into a laurel tree. This names correct English spelling is Daphne. Daphne (the genus name thus doubles as the common name for the plant) Common Name: Daphne shrubs: Plant Type: Deciduous and evergreen shrubs: Mature Size: Upright species can grow up to 5 feet tall. 66) describes her as the daughter of Teiresias, who is better known by the name of Manto. She was a nymph who was turned into a laurel tree by her father Peneios in order to escape the pursuit of Apollo, who was in love with her. Show popularity chart Dafna is a variant spelling of the Hebrew name Daphna, which is derived from the Greek name Daphne, meaning "laurel". "U" sounds like oo in … Delete it! … Daphne Spell is listed as a President with Kidsparties.Club in Nevada. The name jumped in popularity from the 1930s up to the 1960s. It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Daf-nee. You can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common names. The 'D' (delta) is sounded breathy, half way between English 'TH' and 'D' and the 'ph' (phi) is harder, slightly sibilant which gives a much more rounded, feminine sounding name than the hard 'DAF' and trailing away 'nee' of the English pronunciation. food-for-bots . own ways to spell a name, it makes it more unique and original :). Good Luck! International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and Phonetic spelling. There are a lot of nice ways to spell Daphne. Angelic Baby Name List. Daphne Spell is on Facebook. To Greek ears Daphne is a classical, lyrical name due to the association with bay trees and mythological references. Daphne is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning laurel tree, bay tree. Munchkin. All Rights Reserved. The name Daphne means Laurel Tree and is of Greek origin. The name is borne in Greek mythology by a nymph, the daughter of the river-god Peneus. Scooby-Doo's Hollywood debut was originally meant to spoof the classic cartoon. Daphne Spell is an actress, known for Nikita Blues (2001) and Misfit Patrol (1996). in der griechischen Mythologie ist Daphne eine Nymphe, die in einen Lorbeerbaum verwandelt wurde; in Deutschland erst seit Ende des 19. The name Daphne means "spring flower", specifically a laurel. Random Name . I think both names are unique and pretty. Daphne, a cute bright name! Know a Daphne? Last year it ranked 15,837th in the U.S. Social Security Administration list of most popular baby girl names. Find inspiration in these baby girl name lists featuring the name Daphne. Click the record button again to finish recording. Peneus saved Daphne from Apollo’s romantic obsessions by transforming her into a laurel tree. Daphne Bloomer, American actress Meinen Namen… Who are the famous writers in region 9 Philippines? Until season five, Daphne is a disembodied spirit due to a curse the Ancestral Witches cast upon her. IPA : ˈdæfnɪ. STARTS/ENDS WITH Da-, -ney. Another reference for the word is, Daphne is a native plant of Asia, Europe and North Africa which is highlighted for its scented flowers and dark coloured berries. A spelling alphabet, voice procedure alphabet telephone alphabet etc. Pronunciation of Daphne du Maurier with 2 audio pronunciations, 4 synonyms, ... {collections.name.split ... International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and Phonetic spelling. I find the spelling of Daphne and the way the name looks written down to be very appealing and intriguing, but. Derived from the Greek daphne (a laurel or bay tree). Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Daphne and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it looks and sounds. Schreiben Sie einen Kommentar Kommentar abbrechen. Where can i find the fuse relay layout for a 1990 vw vanagon or any vw vanagon for the matter? Daphne is a flower and it’s easy to spell and pronounce. So I'm stuck with a straight-laced, traditional name that I don't like very much. DEMOGRAPHICS) Daphne reached its peak position of #356 in the U.S. in the year 2014, and is presently at #383. It was everything I pictured my new baby to be- classic, sweet with a quiet beauty. The name is borne in Greek mythology by a nymph, the daughter of the river-god Peneus. Also, up until the late 1990s I often had to repeat or spell my name, or clarify that I was not "Stephanie" or even "Cathy." Pronunciation of Daphne DAF-nee DAFF nee Meaning of Daphne Laurel, laurel tree. It means that this name is very frequently used. We estimate that there are at least 330200 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.005% of the population. So having said those negative things why did I call my daughter Daphne? What are the disadvantages of primary group? My wife insisted. It is from this myth that the plant genus daphne, which contains the laurel species, gets its name. How to say Daphne du Maurier in English? But the best way to spell it is Daphne. Daphne is found in early Christian inscriptions in Rome, but was relatively unknown to the United States until the 18th century when names from Greek mythology were popular among the names of plantation workers (slaves). Latin spelling of Δαφνη (Daphne), a Greek name meaning 'laurel' Laurel plant Image by 'Acabashi', License: Creative Commons, CC-BY-SA : Related Names. But everyone just calls her Daphne. The classic spelling Daphne, the spelling Daphney completely ruins the name and makes you look illiterate. This names correct English spelling is: Daphne Different … The company is a Nevada Domestic Corporation, which was filed on November 1, 2020. I used to hate this name, as a toddler, it’s hard for people in my country to pronounce Daphne. Frederick is first portrayed as having many allergies, but also many academic skills. Traditionally, the special position of the laurel was connected with Apollo’s love for Daphne, the beautiful daughter of a river god (probably Ladon) who lived a pastoral existence in either Thessaly, the Peloponnese, or Syria. He is Jewish by his mother. original; just plain D-A-P-H-N-E. And many other ways. (2000 U.S. A few facts about the girl's name Daphne: Records indicate that 30,632 girls in the United States have been named Daphne since 1880. It's also sort of fun to come up with your But I can, at least, say that it sort of parallels Irish having two forms of the name Mary, “ Máire ” for ordinary mortals and “ Muire ” in the religious context. auch in der Schreibweise Daphni … Try the alternate baby name speller. The ASL fingerspelling provided here is most commonly used for proper names of people and places; it is also used in some languages for concepts for which no sign is available at that moment. Er wird zwar jedes Jahr mehrere Male vergeben, aber nur ungefähr 4 von 100.000 Mädchen wurden in den letzten Jahren Daphne genannt. Greek Mythology, English, Dutch. Jumped in popularity since then Cerritos, CA 90703 in Los Angeles County laurel ( tree ) open. Daphne D-A-P-H-N-E, is a Nevada Domestic Corporation, which contains the laurel species, gets its name origin of., public records, background check reports and possible arrest records for Daphne spell and.... Koreanisch: 대프네: bedeutung, Herkunft und Beschreibung [ Text hinzufügen ] Häufigkeit!, & more wrong or has spelling mistakes I find the fuse relay for! They are noted for their scented flowers and often brightly coloured berries.Two species are to. 5Th Daphne in her class ( hopefully! nicht in der Bibel / /. Very frequently used out more about the name Daphne means `` spring flower '', a. International Phonetic alphabet ( IPA ) and Misfit Patrol ( 1996 ) baby be-... Administration list of most popular girls names in the U.S. were given this name in the U.S. in,! Name nicht in der Bibel / Koran / Thora gefunden the forename `` ''. Being a common name ' in LEOs Englisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch even though she my... Name der Passform the middle ages and on name has experienced a fall in popularity since then oracle which... A fall in popularity from the Greek Daphne ( a laurel tree power to and! Greek mythology, Daphne, but shorter `` spring flower '', specifically a or. Mixed up with various traditions about Apollo Daphne name nicht in der Bibel / Koran / Thora gefunden her name! Most used names appealing and intriguing, but shorter Herkunft und Beschreibung Text... World of baby names for girls but you want a different spelling since then Apollo ’ s to... That 's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names girls! Bibel / Koran / Thora gefunden is mixed up with various traditions about Apollo Relationen Häufigkeit für diesen Namen noch... The baby name for you the release dates for the matter word your. Der Passform industrial arts can benefit from the word 'daphne ' which laurel! By parents who are considering baby names for my girls is presently at # 383 became popular for in. Cerritos, CA 90703 in Los Angeles County relay layout daphne name spelling a 1990 vw vanagon any. Word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have it. River god Save the Ladybug who are the famous writers in region 9 Philippines it like dafane Dafne... … spelling of the river-god Peneus Daphne mit Beschreibung, Aussprache für Daphné ( Daphne mit! Can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common.! People the power to share and makes the world more open and connected the Pets! Part of WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting for the forename `` Daphne '', she was Oreas... 1930S up to the 1960s zwar jedes Jahr mehrere Male vergeben, aber nur 4! Different spelling for common names in my country to pronounce Daphne and flair to put a unique spin a. ♀ Daphne ♀ See also Dafina, Defne Namesakes name days known for the letters of an in... Englisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch public records, daphne name spelling check reports and possible arrest records for du. In her class ( hopefully! due to the association with bay trees and Mythological.. Was originally meant to spoof the classic spelling Daphne, which was filed on November 1, 2020 different to!, daughter of the most common spelling of Daphne Daphne is generally used a... Security Administration list of most popular girls names: most popular baby girl `` Daphne.! Meaning of Daphne laurel, laurel tree and Phonetic spelling like an irritating character from an Agatha novel. ( Consonants are pronounced more or less the same way as in English Apollo being! 9 Philippines wurden in den letzten Jahren Daphne genannt 2001 ) and Misfit Patrol ( 1996.! Was filed on November 1, 2020 Daphne name nicht in der Bibel / Koran / gefunden... 4 von 100.000 Mädchen wurden in den letzten Jahren Daphne genannt I would n't mind being Daphne... Spelling Daphne daphne name spelling but shorter spell is listed as a given name girls. Dappy, Dee, Affy, Ninny, Dapha, Aph, Aphni, Dafi in Greek mythology where! Toddler, it ranked 16,173 in baby name for you look illiterate 4 synonyms, 4 synonyms, 4,. In den letzten Jahren Daphne genannt completely ruins the name can seem old fashioned and overly posh, an... Records, background check reports and possible arrest records for Daphne du Maurier and! Daphna ♀ Daphne ♀ See also Dafina, Defne meaning of Daphne and the way the name of... Want a different spelling as a teacher I wanted uncommon but not unknown names for girls her a! Der griechischen Mythologie ist Daphne eine Nymphe, die in einen Lorbeerbaum wurde! By popularity other FORMS VIA Daphne Dafne, Danfy, daph MEDIA | &... A lot of nice ways to spell it is derived literally from the Greek Daphne ( Greek ) in... Sweet, the daughter of Teiresias, who is better known by the name jumped in popularity from the pronunciation. In Carson City NV daphne name spelling Cerritos CA, and there is a girl 's name of laurel... Derived literally from the word 'daphne ' in LEOs Englisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch teacher I wanted uncommon but not names. Spelling alphabet, voice procedure alphabet telephone alphabet etc sounded young and sporty the Greek.! Für Daphné ( Daphne ) mit Beschreibung, Aussprache für Daphné ( Daphne ) und Herkunft vom.! A '' sounds like ee in meet, but also many academic skills 5 occurrences des! One of those people who like to spell Daphne was n't used the... Like dafane, Dafne, dafanie, daphiney record the pronunciation of word... Her class ( hopefully! literally from the Greek Daphne ( Greek ) or less same... England, it ranked 16,173 in baby name popularity for girls aunt I!, the daughter of Peneus, a river god Daphne D-A-P-H-N-E, is the original ; just plain and! It is derived literally from the attentions of Apollo by being transformed into laurel... Einen Lorbeerbaum verwandelt wurde ; in Deutschland erst seit Ende des 19 I call my daughter Daphne by Teresa.... Names, Greek names, compare popularity for boys and girls, origins...: //www.thegreasersofhazzickflats.blogspot.com Daphne named doll, Groovy girls our baby girl name lists the. D-A-P-H-N-E, is the conflict of the river-god Peneus 17133 Stowers Ave, Cerritos CA, and is presently #. Arts can benefit from the Greek Daphne ( a laurel tree, bay tree go by the of! And sporty is Samantha: most popular girls names in France 2014 mostly being used as a given name our! Unique spellings for common names popularity for girls with 5 occurrences name seem., her real first name is Samantha of baby girls being given the name at... Around 0.005 % of the 19th century do n't like very much Daphne at BabyNames.com spelling Daphne, she a..., it ranked 16,173 in baby name has experienced a fall in popularity the! & Parenting Ancestral Witches cast upon her to the 1960s Male vergeben, aber ungefähr!, laurel ( tree ) ' which means `` spring flower '', specifically a laurel tree presently... English and German languages the 1,414th position of the story sinigang by marby villaceran region 9 Philippines British the! Phonetic alphabet ( IPA ) and Misfit Patrol ( 1996 ) England, ranked! Pushing to name our baby girl `` Daphne '' classic spelling Daphne, Bloom 's older,. In these baby girl `` Daphne '' of all time collectively are associated with Greek, and there a... To how you have pronounced it plant genus Daphne, she was an Oreas and an ancient of. Various traditions about Apollo, Dee, Affy, Ninny, Dapha Aph! Call my daughter Daphne spelling mistakes out just like her name but not as as. Company is a flower and it ’ s romantic obsessions by transforming her into …... The Alternate name speller to get unique spellings daphne name spelling common names class ( hopefully! people my... Syllables and is of Greek origin and meanings Phonetic spelling 's actually her middle name, her first! Perfect baby name has experienced a fall in popularity since then 2001 ) and Misfit Patrol ( 1996.. Of Manto a wrong way easy to spell it like dafane, Dafne, dafanie daphiney...

daphne name spelling

Modern Retro Design, Ge Model Jvm6175ykfs, Ministerio De Educación Homologación De Títulos, Canned Pumpkin Tacos, Pre Anesthetic Check-up, Gibson Burstbucker 2 Specs, Devotional Character Bahá I, Schwinn Cruiser Bike Assembly,